• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Speedmaster Moonwatch request to factories.

VIV54

Renowned Member
13/12/17
Hi guys, I've been talking to Angus on his thread about watches requests to factories.

I've been keeping telling about the moonwatch clone movement and Angus said to share a pic and he will request to factories the pic that gets more votes.
I know that this is probably not going to happen since Rolex gets all the attention (as always unfortunately) but we may give it a try.

That's the post with my request, hope to see some love for the moonwatch. Let's kickout Rolex fans for once that have a way wider choice than us (also with the new daytona clone movement).

https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...ts/290213-get-it-repped?p=7028690#post7028690

Reactions: JLCgeo and vcappp

ETAWatchlover

5/7/16
I would be ok with fake subdials and gen spec case for now .But a rep speedmaster movement shouldn't be so difficult

VIV54

Renowned Member
13/12/17
I would be ok with fake subdials and gen spec case for now .But a rep speedmaster movement shouldn't be so difficult

Everytime I see those wrong subdials my brain hurts! But yes case specs are wrong, too. I saw a lot of people asking for a decent moonwatch rep in the posts written these years, I hope this gets the visibility it deserves.

I've been told many times "who's going to buy a 400-500$ rep when you can get at grey market a gen one for 2000-3000$?". Partially I agree on this, but what about the other models? For example I'm in love with the "snoopy" one and that model costs twice than a damn Daytona.

Let's show them for once that if they work on it and get a good result there is an entire community ready to buy them and spend their money.

ETAWatchlover

5/7/16
Rep prices will go up in the next year's when they perfect the clone movements and start to rep other movements.Isn't the new Daytona about 500-600$ now?

VIV54

Renowned Member
13/12/17
Rep prices will go up in the next year's when they perfect the clone movements and start to rep other movements.Isn't the new Daytona about 500-600$ now?

Yes but that is made of 904l steel so I guess that's why price is higher too.

vicad

Renowned Member
14/6/15
I'm waiting for one too.

No matter if sub dials dont work, as long as correct thickness and chrono hand moving.

ETAWatchlover

5/7/16
I was about to put a gen dial on my st19 speedy but the case isn't that good . Just glue the small hands on the dial

Princewilliam

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
27/7/15
Yes but that is made of 904l steel so I guess that's why price is higher too.

The clone movement Daytona is still 316 steel, that will be the next price gouge 904L

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: VIV54

JLCgeo

Known Member
30/8/17
EU
Let's hope that they will release one day a Moonwatch with a correct spacing ...

Kdawggy

Known Member
3/4/18
I think the issue is they make more money selling Seamasters of all sorts.

I get their argument, but it's flawed. I've seen a lot of people say they haven't bought a Moonwatch because of the thickness/subdial spacing (which is also my reason for never having bought one). To compare sales of the Seamaster market (a watch that's been pretty convincing for a while now) to the Speedmaster market (a watch that people actively don't buy because it's not convincing) is comparing apples to oranges.

In fact, right now in the chat box there's a user asking who makes the best Moonwatch. Another user has just told them not to bother because there isn't a good rep.

Reactions: vcappp

VIV54

Renowned Member
13/12/17
I get their argument, but it's flawed. I've seen a lot of people say they haven't bought a Moonwatch because of the thickness/subdial spacing (which is also my reason for never having bought one). To compare sales of the Seamaster market (a watch that's been pretty convincing for a while now) to the Speedmaster market (a watch that people actively don't buy because it's not convincing) is comparing apples to oranges.

In fact, right now in the chat box there's a user asking who makes the best Moonwatch. Another user has just told them not to bother because there isn't a good rep.

Agree 100%. Write this on Angus thread mate please.

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08

^^^THIS^^^

So very true! The speedie is one of my favorite watches but I don't have a rep because the current ones would bug the hell outa me.

Reactions: mclarendude

CQ1983

You're Saying I Can Sell?
16/6/13
On Station...
Same here, would buy one without hesitation if the sub-dial spacing and size issue was addressed. But with all the advancements being made with the Daytonas, I still hold out hope this chrono could eventually happen.

amplitude

Known Member
4/12/06
I have a real one, and it's one of my favorite watches. I've always wondered why they didn't put more effort into a convincing replica. It's Omega's claim to fame.

axs1970

Renowned Member
19/3/17
UK
^^^THIS^^^

So very true! The speedie is one of my favorite watches but I don't have a rep because the current ones would bug the hell outa me.

Same here - there are dozens of great speedies, which could all be repped with ease if someone cloned the 861

all the pre moons, special editions, etc.. And it would be an easy win for the factories, because most of them would be 90% common parts, with just different colour dials and maybe hands.

There are at least a dozen different speedies I would love to buy.

Ac777

Known Member
16/4/15
Maybe the speedmaster isn't that popular in China, and that's the reason they don't pay much attention to it.

cheld

Renowned Member
Supporter
7/3/18
Maybe the speedmaster isn't that popular in China, and that's the reason they don't pay much attention to it.

I think that's part of it. China has done very little with manned space travel, and the whole country has fewer than a dozen auto racing tracks. Although you would think Omega got a nice bump from the Beijing Olympics. Maybe they should put a Speedy in Bond 25.

VIV54

Renowned Member
13/12/17
New answer from Angus:

"I know how demanding and popular the moon watch is, and that was why I bought a gen to the maker to tell them to check it out and rep it. The makers all refused. Since this topic has been brought up again, I will remember and I will ask the makers who might be interested in repping it."

As you can see finally something is moving, even if REAAAALLYY slowly and this thanks to you guys. Let's continue to show them our love for the moonwatch, they seriosuly can't be that blind.

I think that's part of it. China has done very little with manned space travel, and the whole country has fewer than a dozen auto racing tracks. Although you would think Omega got a nice bump from the Beijing Olympics. Maybe they should put a Speedy in Bond 25.

Ok that's a possible explanation but I really can't think that since we are the 20-30% of the market the other 70-80% is only China! There has to be some other reason by the factories that we don't see or we don't know at all. :(