• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

wanna make sure its gen?

hindy

Horology Curious
13/10/12
hi,i found a great deal on the internet.. since i cant check the real watch,i just wanna sure its a gen
this is the only pic sent from the seller

JohnnyBe

Put Some Respect On My Name
3/1/16
i think this is not gen by the spacing of the subdials,
although i m far from expert on Omegas.

Ac777

Known Member
16/4/15
That's genuine...confident
It has the correct sub dial spacing,, seconds at 9 good to go.

Mine says hello
Zmwy8.jpg

hindy

Horology Curious
13/10/12
That's genuine...confident
It has the correct sub dial spacing,, seconds at 9 good to go.

Mine says hello

thanks for the comparison pic.. yeah i wish its really a gen :) lets wait for more experts opinion,and i am good to go :)

axs1970

Renowned Member
19/3/17
UK
Looks good to me, but I would ask for a few more pics, before agreeing to buy.

Does it have the papers and cards, and do the serials on the card match the one on the case?

Poro92

Horology Curious
30/7/18
If a picture the size of a postage stamp is the only thing dealer is willing to give you, I'd pass no matter how good the deal seems. Even if it's a gen, chances are there's something they don't want you to see.

hindy

Horology Curious
13/10/12
Looks good to me, but I would ask for a few more pics, before agreeing to buy.

Does it have the papers and cards, and do the serials on the card match the one on the case?

yeah it comes with the box and cards. is it possible to ask for pic of serial number of a card from a dealer?

axs1970

Renowned Member
19/3/17
UK
yeah it comes with the box and cards. is it possible to ask for pic of serial number of a card from a dealer?

If not the full number, I would expect them to at least show a partially obscured picture.
I would also ask for several better quality pics, and ensure they are who they say they are - do they have any reviews and/or a legitimate website?

Same as anything when buying off the internet, do your homework on the seller. See if there are any contact numbers and call them directly. If there are no contact details, or only via a form, I would be suspicious.

If you can pay by credit card, do that as it may offer some protection if it turns out to be a scam.

Ralphy

SalesMod CodeName Duchess
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/7/15
Nebraska
Also, where is this being offered? that might tell you all you need to know about this possibly being a scam or not.

hindy

Horology Curious
13/10/12
If not the full number, I would expect them to at least show a partially obscured picture.
I would also ask for several better quality pics, and ensure they are who they say they are - do they have any reviews and/or a legitimate website?

Same as anything when buying off the internet, do your homework on the seller. See if there are any contact numbers and call them directly. If there are no contact details, or only via a form, I would be suspicious.

If you can pay by credit card, do that as it may offer some protection if it turns out to be a scam.

yeah,thanks for the advice.. now i am waiting for another picture from the dealer. after checking around, the dealer actually have a small watch shop at the other city.. so i actually believe it to be gen also,just the fact buying them online really make me cautious