• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF will release 4 Crpo with their 8500 super clone movement

jfdupuis

14/5/10
That's strange, the bezel action on mine is almost exactly the same as gen. Maybe a touch stiffer.
Is yours 42 or 45? Mine has some play if i push downward at 12 oclock towards 6 or 3 to 9

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

madbill71

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/9/18
USA
Is yours 42 or 45? Mine has some play if i push downward at 12 oclock towards 6 or 3 to 9

Just noticed mine has the same play you mentioned. Now I have checked measurements against a 42 it is a 45.

Reactions: jfdupuis

madbill71

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/9/18
USA
Does any one know if the genuine Omega Planet Ocean half links will fit the bracelet on a 45mm watch. Tonight I removed one link on the bracelet and it just a fraction tight so I decided to remove the half link and put the full link back in…. except the screw nearest the clasp wouldn't budge at all. I read elsewhere that sometimes heating the bracelet frees the locktite on the screws but this one wouldn't budge. Of all the ones to be stuck its the one on the half link. Anyway, I think I may have flatted the screw a bit now trying so hard. The watch is a tad tight but fits OK and I figured if I cant take the half one out and put a full one in, then I'd stick in another half link.

Does anyone therefore know where I can buy a half link or whether the genuine ones will fit it? Thank you.

jfdupuis

14/5/10
Must be something with the 45m then. It's really not that bad and personally I dont really use the bezel so as long as it lines up i'm okay with that.

sunnydale

Put Some Respect On My Name
29/8/09
After some days, still think this is the best rep I have had. Very accurate in timekeeping too. Almost thinking of buying another one just to have one as spare once this gets used and worn. The bezel is too shiny compared to genuine but that is nothing serious.

garnier

Renowned Member
30/5/12
After some days, still think this is the best rep I have had. Very accurate in timekeeping too. Almost thinking of buying another one just to have one as spare once this gets used and worn. The bezel is too shiny compared to genuine but that is nothing serious.
IMG_20181005_083119_zps7uetbv6j.jpg

looks like the 42mm version is more accurate? date font, bezel...

Last edited:
Reactions: leo6929

jfdupuis

14/5/10
42 or 45mm? I got a 45 a few days ago and the movt is running fine
8470b7abaf470e5b86c9430d5f897d9e.jpg

efthimis

Mythical Poster
20/6/15
Should the Omega logo on the crown be facing the correct way when fully screwed in or not?

Never noticed if gens are, mines upside down when screwed in
It can be looking anywhere really, I had only one that Ω on crown was sitting “correct” when fully screwed in, all the others were sitting in mixed orientations so yes don’t bother.. same with genuine Rolex crowns as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: k4jun and Maron

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
Should the Omega logo on the crown be facing the correct way when fully screwed in or not?

Never noticed if gens are, mines upside down when screwed in

Gen is same as rep in the sense that the crown logo can be aligned in any radial orientation. Same for AP and Rolex etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: vcappp

Omega_guy123

14/7/15
UK
It can be looking anywhere really, I had only one that Ω on crown was sitting “correct” when fully screwed in, all the others were sitting in mixed orientations so yes don’t bother.. same with genuine Rolex crowns as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Ok thanks

sunnydale

Put Some Respect On My Name
29/8/09
Has anyone tested these for waterproofness? Would like to take mine for swimming and sauna...

santre22

I'm Pretty Popular
22/3/12
sunnydale I've tested my 42mm VFS CrPO. First -0,5 bar (important if going to sauna) and 5,0 bar (important for swimming) it passed boot tests with no problem direct from factory. But all watches are individual so I wouldn't dare to use any watch rep or gen in water before testing it. :)

Reactions: vcappp