• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF will release 4 Crpo with their 8500 super clone movement

KennyH

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/6/17
I am new to the rep scene and maybe asking for too much but I’m after a ‘super rep’ chrono Omega 45mm SS bracelet.
I see the new PO looks great but it’s not a chrono.
I have used MR as a TD before and happy so will probably use him again unless anyone has other recommendations?

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

ravpav

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
26/4/17
I told you already a couple of pages ago.. You WILL look like a clown with the 45.5 on your wrist, but it's your choice. Some people don't mind being clowns. Even the 42mm might be a bit large on you, it's a very thick watch.
This is what it looks like on a 6.3" wrist:

20130803_121239_zpsd2412394.jpg

20130803_141249_HDR_zps11acaf20.jpg

And this is a 42mm in the pics!!!

I'm under the impression that you want to hear to go for the 45.5mm, so I suggest you buy the watch, see that it's ridiculous, sell it at a loss and then get the proper size. It's life mate, trial and error.

You need to know which guy you want to be, the choice is yours ;)
evan-ng-suit.jpg

I think I need a 40-42mm watch with a leather strap in that case. A SS strap just isn’t for us guys with small wrists. Maybe Omega is not the way to go then :)

ravpav

Banned
26/4/17
Well, the guy asked a question ( for the second time ) and got an honest answer. I'm no fan of permissive millenial type of educational methods, I tried to save him a couple of $. I kinda regret it now, I had to learn the hard way, owning everything from 52mm Invictas in the beginning, 47mm no bezel PAMs, 47mm flieger watches, to the 39mm Explorer today. It was a costly road, but now I know. Watches, that hang over your wrist, make you look like a person that lacks in taste department. My personal opinion, of course, to each his own.

Technically wouldn’t an Aqua Terra be better in my case?

ravpav

Banned
26/4/17
Well, the guy asked a question ( for the second time ) and got an honest answer. I'm no fan of permissive millenial type of educational methods, I tried to save him a couple of $. I kinda regret it now, I had to learn the hard way, owning everything from 52mm Invictas in the beginning, 47mm no bezel PAMs, 47mm flieger watches, to the 39mm Explorer today. It was a costly road, but now I know. Watches, that hang over your wrist, make you look like a person that lacks in taste department. My personal opinion, of course, to each his own.

Therion666

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
26/12/13

Yes, maybe it would, but you have to keep in mind that it has a thin bezel and it might appear bigger than its size would suggest. I think you could pull off the 42mm on rubber or even better the Noob Omega LMPO, because it's slimmer than the CrPO. I used to own one and remember it being much more comfortable on the wrist.

Last edited:
Reactions: phdsjain

Therion666

Certified
26/12/13
And not very comfortable and quite top heavy..

ravpav I think that the Rolex Explorer 1 is the perfect choice for slimmer wrists. I know it's the wrong thread for this kind of ideas, but it's really bloody comfortable.

This is what it looks like on my 7.25" wrist, it would look perfect on a 6" - 6.5" wrist.
IMG_20180829_135845.jpg

Reactions: ravpav and Maron

Swerepguy

12/2/18
I am new to the rep scene and maybe asking for too much but I’m after a ‘super rep’ chrono Omega 45mm SS bracelet.
I see the new PO looks great but it’s not a chrono.
I have used MR as a TD before and happy so will probably use him again unless anyone has other recommendations?

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

No 45mm chrono even in the "first class" list. Most reps for that model got no working chrono, and when they got full working chronos the movement become ​​​​​unreliable.

kaddy

Known Member
14/7/18

ravpav I think that the Rolex Explorer 1 is the perfect choice for slimmer wrists. I know it's the wrong thread for this kind of ideas, but it's really bloody comfortable.

This is what it looks like on my 7.25" wrist, it would look perfect on a 6" - 6.5" wrist.

I thought the Explorer 1 was quite boring but your pic makes it looks pretty awesome!

Nettpurken

Known Member
20/1/17

Agreed with Kaddy, excellent shot! Is that the new ARF?

Therion666

Certified
26/12/13
Agreed with Kaddy, excellent shot! Is that the new ARF?

No, it's the one that came before, the JF V2 with the correct spacing on the EXPLORER text.

​​​​​​The new ARF is the same watch, but it's made of 904 steel and it costs over a 100$ more than mine did. And I'm not stepping into this trap again..I had 2 ARF reps made of 904L steel and the metal looks EXACTLY the same as 316 steel in every light. Zero difference. Tests have been made and it is in fact 904 steel, but it's not worth the extra cost, because you don't gain anything at all.

The Explorer might seem like a dull watch at first, but once I read more about the history and heritage and looked at pics of the watch on various vintage straps, I fell in love. It has that slow release charm :)

Reactions: Rolorin and vcappp

fabbe79

I'm Pretty Popular
18/10/15
Have the explorer (the wrong spacing one) and I love it.. But not going OT I really hope to se the TiPO with the new movement

Train1

28/8/07
No 45mm chrono even in the "first class" list. Most reps for that model got no working chrono, and when they got full working chronos the movement become ​​​​​unreliable.

I wonder why its so hard to make a reliable chrono rep. With all these super-clone Omega movements I wish the'd take a look at cloning the 9300 or 9900 series. There's a big market for working/reliable chronographs.

Last edited:
Reactions: 42zero

amplitude

Known Member
4/12/06
I wonder why its so hard to make a reliable chrono rep. With all these super-clone Omega movements I wish the'd take a look at cloning the 9300 or 9900 series. There's a big market for working/reliable chronographs.

Unfortunately, even gen chronos are relatively unreliable compared to a time only movement. My friend and former employer, who was a master watchmaker for 60+ years always told customers " don't use the chrono" when they asked how to keep from having to get one repaired.

A chrono is actually a pretty complicated complication, we're just spoiled now & think of them as common. Engaging, disengaging and reset is also a relatively violent function comparative to the functions in a 3 hand movement, even in the most elegant designs.

A lot of people also constanly play with them, or leave them running all the time. I don't have any real experience with the Asian chronos, but again, they require careful proper assembly and adjustment.

There seems to be a lack of basic watchmaking cleanliness standards in the places a lot of these movements are assembled, and many of the movements themselves aren't up to Swiss standard in construction & materials.

Really anytime you add any complication, there are more possible points of failure. Making something cheap and reliable isn't easy.

Reactions: vcappp

42zero

Horology Curious
3/9/18
Any more reviews on the 45mm? Would love some more reviews or wrist shots!

Type-S

12/12/13
Unfortunately, even gen chronos are relatively unreliable compared to a time only movement. My friend and former employer, who was a master watchmaker for 60+ years always told customers " don't use the chrono" when they asked how to keep from having to get one repaired.

A chrono is actually a pretty complicated complication, we're just spoiled now & think of them as common. Engaging, disengaging and reset is also a relatively violent function comparative to the functions in a 3 hand movement, even in the most elegant designs.

A lot of people also constanly play with them, or leave them running all the time. I don't have any real experience with the Asian chronos, but again, they require careful proper assembly and adjustment.

There seems to be a lack of basic watchmaking cleanliness standards in the places a lot of these movements are assembled, and many of the movements themselves aren't up to Swiss standard in construction & materials.

Really anytime you add any complication, there are more possible points of failure. Making something cheap and reliable isn't easy.

I stay away from the chronos because of this. I would be surprised if there was a heavy demand for them in the rep market.

kaddy

Known Member
14/7/18
I stay away from the chronos because of this. I would be surprised if there was a heavy demand for them in the rep market.

Likewise, but an exception I'd make is for the 7750 as it's relatively cheap to just outright replace the whole movement if something goes wrong. Too bad it can't be used in most reps without making them chunkier than they should be.

leo6929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
2/5/16
I don't even use the chrono function. I like Omega Chronos for their aesthetics, yes they are bulky, but make for a very nice sporty look.

Reactions: Cloney and csthe