• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF will release 4 Crpo with their 8500 super clone movement

Swerepguy

12/2/18
Got mine in as well. Opted for the orange numbers as I have a gen with silver numbers. Pretty impressive. I mean sure, there are a few things ever so slightly off but way better than the Noob.
The only thing that bothers me (and all other PO's that I ever had really) is that the bracelet of the rep doesn't fold at the end links like a real one. Gen links are pretty flush, rep fails to fold that way. Unfortunate but I was planning to wear it on an Isofrane anyway.

Tell us more! Bezel action, winding, bezel color, bracelet and clasp, date font and color. Compered to gen. Pleeease!

Last edited:
Reactions: frisoer

Fracture

Renowned Member
7/10/13
I think the hole in the endlink is just a bit off from a gen endlink, which makes it fold higher when you wear it. It's weird because you can't tell the difference when they're just lying down. Eh, maybe I just have a one-off. Bezel is a bit stiffer than gen and insert is slightly shinier.
Date font is slightly fatter on gen but this is something that doesn't bother me. Dial is also slightly different (pretty much the same as the Noob). Gen has a sort of wavy/grainy texture, rep is flat.
Seamaster logo is slightly fatter on gen. Has sort of a 3D feel to it.
But again, all of this is really only noticeable when you compare the two side by side and and look at it from different angles and light. It is that minuscule. You really need to start looking for these things to actually notice them.
I mean, these are so good that I'm pretty sure you'll even fool an AD with them for a few minutes (not that you should do that of course :p).
I also like the fact that they replicated the quickset feature from gen. First step when you pull the crown out changes the hour hand (and with the hour hand, the date). The second step sets the minute hand. Oh yeah, and the crystal. The crystal is perfect. It's as clear as a gen one and has the same AR shine to it, no need to get another modded crystal.

Some more pics:

Last edited:

Swerepguy

12/2/18
I think the hole in the endlink is just a bit off from a gen endlink, which makes it fold higher when you wear it. It's weird because you can't tell the difference when they're just lying down. Eh, maybe I just have a one-off. Bezel is a bit stiffer than gen and insert is slightly shinier.
Date font is slightly fatter on gen but this is something that doesn't bother me. Dial is also slightly different (pretty much the same as the Noob). Gen has a sort of wavy/grainy texture, rep is flat.
But again, all of this is really only noticeable when you compare the two side by side and and look at it from different angles and light. It is that minuscule. You really need to start looking for these things to actually notice them.
I mean, these are so good that I'm pretty sure you'll even fool an AD with them for a few minutes (not that you should do that of course :p).
I also like the fact that they replicated the quickset feature from gen. First step when you pull the crown out changes the hour hand (and with the hour hand, the date). The second step sets the minute hand. Oh yeah, and the crystal. The crystal is perfect. It's as clear as a gen one and has the same AR shine to it, no need to get another modded crystal.

Some more pics:

Thank you!! Sounds like a Good rep.

Muni

Renowned Member
9/7/17

Some more pics:

Omagad

42zero

Horology Curious
3/9/18
I'm just about to buy this. But can someone who purchased please shed some more light on this whole strap issue. I'm new to high end reps and when I used to buy cheap reps as a kid years ago the stiff crappy quality straps were always the biggest let down for me since it was just so visible from across the room that it didn't sit right. So what's really the deal with this? They make a $350 rep that's near perfect and then whack on a funky strap? The mind boggles.

Reactions: frisoer

Princewilliam

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
27/7/15
I'm just about to buy this. But can someone who purchased please shed some more light on this whole strap issue. I'm new to high end reps and when I used to buy cheap reps as a kid years ago the stiff crappy quality straps were always the biggest let down for me since it was just so visible from across the room that it didn't sit right. So what's really the deal with this? They make a $350 rep that's near perfect and then whack on a funky strap? The mind boggles.

The bracelet is awesome, don’t worry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: mech500

frisoer

You're Saying I Can Sell?
24/8/18
I'd also appreciate some more feedback on the strap "issue" before I pull the trigger. Is this a one of a kind thing or do other owners experience the same?

Reactions: 42zero

Fracture

Renowned Member
7/10/13
I'd also appreciate some more feedback on the strap "issue" before I pull the trigger. Is this a one of a kind thing or do other owners experience the same?

It’s not really an issue as all reps so far have had this, more or less. It’s just noticeable when you have it next to a gen. Depending on the shape of your wrist, it may not even appear at all.

garnier

Renowned Member
30/5/12
I don't know if purchase one of this or the new vsf seamaster 300m with new wave dial.

Do you know if VSF will release the latests planet oceans (43,5mm)

Swerepguy

12/2/18
It’s not really an issue as all reps so far have had this, more or less. It’s just noticeable when you have it next to a gen. Depending on the shape of your wrist, it may not even appear at all.

The gen 45.5mm got this "issue" as Long as you dont have 9" wrist = )

Reactions: vcappp and leo6929

Therion666

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
26/12/13
I had 3 V6F CrPOs with rubber straps. They weren't anywhere near gen quality, especially the clasp.
I hope they're improved on this version.

Therion666

Certified
26/12/13
Are 42mm silver numeral CrPOs actually not available? Or is my TD just diplomatically telling me to f#€k off?

Therion666

Certified
26/12/13
Every single TD can get every single watch that's available from the factories.