• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF will release 4 Crpo with their 8500 super clone movement

Rogers

You're Saying I Can Sell?
15/10/10
AM I the only one seeing this? The color lume which VSF is using is off. On GEN the color is clear white! On ALL VSF models, it is more slightly greenish. You can tell it is a VSF just by looking at the lume color in bright daylight.

PO42

23/4/19
Did anyone tried to mount a gen crown and tube to the VSF PO?
I just f***ed up my crown or the tube.
but I was lucky and got a gen tube and crown at ebay. Now I have to wait for delivery (CONUS to EU).
might it fit, or did I spend money for "a dead horse"?

kaddy

Known Member
14/7/18
Did anyone tried to mount a gen crown and tube to the VSF PO?
I just f***ed up my crown or the tube.
but I was lucky and got a gen tube and crown at ebay. Now I have to wait for delivery (CONUS to EU).
might it fit, or did I spend money for "a dead horse"?

Pretty sure the keyless mechanism in the clone movement is from a 7750. You can get a 7750 stem and try out the crown on it. They should go together if they are the same thread size. Whether or not the gen crown fits to the VSF case precisely I don't know.

PO42

23/4/19
Parts arrived today and looking pretty good. It might fit. I will send watch and parts to my watchsmith next week. And then we'll know exactly.

PO42

23/4/19
Damn it. It was a crown for 45mm CrPO. So it is lighty bigger in diameter. It seems, I have to look again for a gen crown and tube.
and I learned something - never trust the seller, when he says "it fits".

thenut

Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
Germany
So i ve Read 99 Pages lol , looking for a 42 crpo and want a Micro adjust clasp. Are there any "plug n play " Solutions ? Does The latest 300m clasp fits or do i Need additional clasp links ?

merowinger

I'm Pretty Popular
10/7/13
Switzerland
Let's reactivate this thread with some pics of the fantastic VSF CrPO 8500
41ad675be653ebce92490c0ff82719c4.jpg

jpchub

Renowned Member
7/12/18
Cape Town
Mille M lol makes sense. Just wondered about silent changes like yellow lume, misprinted dials etc. If its not the current talk at this time, quality might just go out the door. Very tempted now. With all the buzz around all the new subs I find myself gravitating towards these

jpchub

Renowned Member
7/12/18
Cape Town
Mille M very nice. The 2018 SMP 300m’s lume changed from almost correct white, to kinda yellow, back to white but with yellow hands. The ceramic version’s dial is misprinted on the V2, so VSF definitely isnt consistant from release all the way through. This CRPO has been around 2 years now, so I am sceptical everything is still exactly the same. Would be nice to see pics of one that was order within the last two months or so

Reactions: chentepilot

chentepilot

Known Member
7/11/18
The place to find recent QCs is Reddit’s RepTime, though the 8500 PO doesn’t seem to be that popular anymore, just taking into account the amount of QCs for other models.

Here is one from three months ago:

https://imgur.com/a/cEQE9Su