• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF will release 4 Crpo with their 8500 super clone movement

madbill71

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/9/18
USA
Well had my VSF Planet Ocean for almost 6 months now and boy what a watch. In that time it hasn't missed a beat and has only been manually wound up once. I think this is honestly the best rep I have ever bought.

The cream on the cake came today when I took it to a watch repair shop to get if pressure tested. He looked and said that's a lovely Plant Ocean and asked how long I had it. When I said 6 months he advised Omega should test it for free if I had any concerns. I then informed him it was a replica and he found it hard to believe me. He said I've seen replica before but not if this quality and not with a co-axle movement. He got his jewellers eye piece out and checked the markings etc and still found it hard to believe. He said he has never seen a Planet Ocean replica of this quality before and said to all intense purposes it looks genuine. He pressure tested it and the watch passed but he didn't charge me, he said it waa amazing to have seen something like this. It remains the best rep I have ever bought :)

Reactions: leo6929

Mille M

I'm Pretty Popular
24/7/18
It's easy to see that this VSF watch uses a non co-axial movement.
It is indeed a great replica, but 5 seconds looking to the movement is enough to tell that it is not the original one.

Im glad you're enjoying your watch.
At the end of the day that's the most important thing ;)

Cheers

swozrep

You're Saying I Can Sell?
20/1/19
I received my VSF QC photos from Chazingtime.
Can someone tell me what they think about my photos from Chazingtime.
I uploaded all the photos onto here https://imgur.com/a/MUk2BVi

I'm personally not very satisfied.
The pearl is centered, however it looks like the 1, 2, 3, 4, 7, 8, 9, 10 markers on the dial are not centered properly at all.
I'm not sure where the wrong "au" engraving is, I don't seem to see it from the photos I was sent.

I think I will reject. What are your thoughts?

Mille M

I'm Pretty Popular
24/7/18
It's very good.
Ask for more photos, but I would accept it.

The engravings are on the back, and it is correct.

Cheers

lyakya

Known Member
8/3/18
I saw updated V2 for the GMT model on trusty's site.
Accirding to the pics and video, Do you think the bezel engraved was fix?

jcguo0516

4/12/18
It's a really good replica.
Differences are on he tiny details like the overall cleaning of the dial/ hands, polishing, sealing and water resistance...

Usually the sapphire is much better on the gen, but not in this case (the VSF has an amazing double coated AR sapphire).
The VSF lume is also amazing.

The downside is the bracelet (you won't get an amazing bracelet with a replica, like you get with a gen).

Another obvious point is the movement.
You won't be getting a COSC certified chronometer from a Chinese replica.
Warranty will also be close to zero.

If you want the watch to be "perfect", you will have to pay for it.
I dont think the gen is worth 5000+ $ tho.
You pay the brand.

The VSF has a much more reasonable price (358$) and it looks genlike.

You want to go diving, you want a reliable and precise movement, you want customer service and warranty - go gen.
You want a good looking watch at less than 1/10th the price - go VSF.

Here's mine

mAtWZ.jpg

Is this a rep or gen?

Cheers

how is the bezel alignment? do you have more pictures?

Mille M

I'm Pretty Popular
24/7/18
It's a nice alignment.
Every picture I have is with an angle.

Cheers

chentepilot

Known Member
7/11/18
Bringing back an old issue about the bracelet, mainly on the 42mm version, I know it's been accepted as a general consensus by many, but I found this gap problem to be real, comparing some gen and rep photos. All pictures are angled to a similar degree,

Check this out guys:

GEN
VuHrf2.jpg

GEN
VuH45b.jpg

REP
VuHBzd.jpg

REP
VuLVjZ.jpg

M_Hall

I'm Pretty Popular
8/10/15
I really like my 42mm orange numerals, it’s a really well made, value for money, quality rep.

I do however think the SEL is the wrong shape.

I tried swapping the SEL from the Noob version but unfortunately the VSF lug width is a fraction larger than Noob so the Noob SEL was loose on the VSF case and the VSF SEL would not fit on the Noob case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: chentepilot

Thrasher

Legendary Member
15/4/14
The Beach
This is a great thread. Has anyone tried the VSF 43.5mm 8900 yet? Is there a thread? I'm searching all the forums and thinking I may go with the 45.5mm VSF 8500 with black dial, black insert and silver dial numbers.

k4jun

Ω Section Moderator
Section Moderator
Certified
25/4/15
I really like my 42mm orange numerals, it’s a really well made, value for money, quality rep.

I do however think the SEL is the wrong shape.

I tried swapping the SEL from the Noob version but unfortunately the VSF lug width is a fraction larger than Noob so the Noob SEL was loose on the VSF case and the VSF SEL would not fit on the Noob case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good to know, I tried to swap a BP SEL and the springbar holes were just too far for BP SEL, it was no possible to install them with a standard - fat - springbars.