• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New release: VSF 2018 Seamaster wave dial

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
I just found this video from the baselworld about the new seamaster in which they say that the new seamaster has superluminova on the bezel numbers as well. I dont think the rep has that, has it?

No Superluminova on the bezel insert on the rep. He did say that in the video so vsf will have another thing to fix along with the movement and the bracelet

Reactions: vcappp

mat2006

Renowned Member
31/7/17
No Superluminova on the bezel insert on the rep. He did say that in the video so vsf will have another thing to fix along with the movement and the bracelet

I am not quite sure if I got the video right, since I watched the promo video by omega. In this video you can see a short lumeshot in which the inlay numbers are not lumed.

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
I am not quite sure if I got the video right, since I watched the promo video by omega. In this video you can see a short lumeshot in which the inlay numbers are not lumed.

Who knows really for sure? In the video he did say more than once that there was superluminova on the bezel insert. I guess the gen is not even out so I guess we will know once it is. Obviously that one that they showed was not a production model anyway so things could change. I personally think lume on the bezel is pretty awesome, but I'm sure some would disagree.

vcappp

I'm Pretty Popular
20/6/18
Yeah, why don't you just go ahead and buy gen to spare you from all that awful long nights of studying fake watches.

You made the effort to find a place where to find fake watches so you can go the extra mile to find out which are good and which are not.

I am actually enjoying this hobby.

No offense

I just described the fact (which I don’t like) that the “low quality rep” comes out pretty fast for a certain model after the “high end rep” comes out to the market.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nine

Known Member
17/9/13
VSF on a rubber strap.

https://www.ts-station.cn/mobile/goods.php?ProId=24298

082f651ee1.jpg

https://www.ts-station.cn/mobile/goods.php?ProId=24298
This is VSF? I looks like the cheap version from ur factory,

E8aXe.jpg

E85xT.jpg

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
I notice that the letter T & the letter R in the word "MASTER" are messed up on the other URF and also on this one, but not on the VSF watch indicating that the conclusion the Rod is correct.

Do you see other differences between the VSF & URF. I would like to know so I could look for them myself

armedcor

1/2/14
Andrew at trusty just confirmed to me that the rubber strap is definitely not VSF and that the bracelet will be available soon.

LaPavel

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
7/8/17
EU
I notice that the letter T & the letter R in the word "MASTER" are messed up on the other URF and also on this one, but not on the VSF watch indicating that the conclusion the Rod is correct.

Do you see other differences between the VSF & URF. I would like to know so I could look for them myself
urf - miyota 8215, vsf - aeta 2824

mat2006

Renowned Member
31/7/17
Does that mean there is a spelling mistake on the movement or deco plate of the VSF Omega seamaster 2018? Or did Pavel just state the movements of both watches and spelled eta wrong?

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
Does that mean there is a spelling mistake on the movement or deco plate of the VSF Omega seamaster 2018? Or did Pavel just state the movements of both watches and spelled eta wrong?

No, you have misunderstood.
gen will have an Omega 8800 movement in there. 8800 is similar (but slightly different) to the new movement made by vsf that is in the new Aqua Terra & Aqua Terra GMT. VSF has an A 2836-2 movement. The A2836-2 is a clone of a Swiss ETA movement. It has been proven to be reliable and a quite good movement. The miyota is a cheaper and I think most would say an inferior movement.

Reactions: stoyania

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
it seems like that this is the correct answer regardless of the rubber.

It is a whole lot easier to change out a strap than a movement.

It a good time to be a fan of Omega. I could easily see a handful of Omega super reps in the near future.

connery77

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
16/8/11
I can't wait for the classic Bond Blue version with the Bond bracelet.