• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New release: VSF 2018 Seamaster wave dial

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
I'm sure that I'm not the only one that is a little skeptical, but they are clearly stating that regardless of the pics the new 8800 clone movement is available in this model

Reactions: vcappp

Matty369

Supporter
Certified
24/8/16
EU
Description on Andrew's TT site clearly states "Asia Clone A8800 Omega Copy Caliber Automatic Movement with Decorated Rotor & Bridges/Plates like Genuine Omega Calibre 8800"
No reason not to believe they've put their pride-and-glory movement in new attractive 2018 model too.

pippo

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/1/10
Aren't you guys concerned about the reliability of the new clone movement? How about spare parts if something get broken?

The Rod

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/17
Ok here is what I got back from TrustyTime

me:
Hello,
I am interested in this watch, however I see that in the pictures on your website it has the Asia 2836-2 movement even though you say that it has the new 8800 clone movement in it. I have included a picture that I took right off your website which clearly shows that it is the ETA clone.

Which movement is available?

Thanks,

Reply:
That’s just a fake eta stamp there because the Factory uses the stocks to sell to external wholesalers out of China as eta copy clones
Thanks

me:
Thanks for the reply. So are you telling me that this one does have the new clone movement?

Reply:
Yes. It is a new Asia Clone 8800 movement made by the Factory side.

Yeah, sure, then why do all other TDs have it listed as ETA clone? Come on...

imranbecks

I'm Pretty Popular
17/11/15
The Neutral Zone
Aren't you guys concerned about the reliability of the new clone movement? How about spare parts if something get broken?

This is what worries me too which is why I haven't gotten any of the recent clone reps from VSF yet. Just how sturdy and robust is it I wonder...

pippo

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/1/10
This is what worries me too which is why I haven't gotten any of the recent clone reps from VSF yet. Just how sturdy and robust is it I wonder...

Exactly my point: if I can, I ll stick to 2824/2836 clones, especially if the movement thickness is not an issue.

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK

As far as I know, ETA manufacture cal 8500 (for Omega).

I am guessing that standard eta parts will fit in the clone movement but we need to ask as watchmaker.

The clone movement doesn’t have the complicated coaxial, so theoretically it should be just as reliable as the standard eta clones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16

If I was someone that was buying my 1st watch then I think you have a valid point. It would probably be a good idea to grab another watch first and wait a little while on this one.

However.....
For some of us that have several watches (I have about 15 right now) it really isn't all that big a deal or a big risk. Omega is probably the second most recognized swiss/luxury brand watch and up unti a month ago or so there has never been a good movement so any Omega rep with an open back has been considered less than great. This new movement is a HUGE step forward for Omega reps and since quite a few of the experts here think it is a good then that is good enough fir me.

I'll buy several Omega reps with this movement in it over the next several months and if something happens to go wrong with one of the movements then I will just replace the movement or sell the watch at a small loss. If that does happen and I waste $100 or so I will not lose any sleep over it at all.

Reactions: The Rod and vcappp

vcappp

I'm Pretty Popular
20/6/18
It's not the new movement, regardless of what is written on trusty website...look at the balance wheel pic: not only it's golden colour but you even have stamped 2836-2!

thanks for your sharp eyes!

vcappp

I'm Pretty Popular
20/6/18
Ok here is what I got back from TrustyTime

me:
Hello,
I am interested in this watch, however I see that in the pictures on your website it has the Asia 2836-2 movement even though you say that it has the new 8800 clone movement in it. I have included a picture that I took right off your website which clearly shows that it is the ETA clone.

Which movement is available?

Thanks,

Reply:
That’s just a fake eta stamp there because the Factory uses the stocks to sell to external wholesalers out of China as eta copy clones
Thanks

me:
Thanks for the reply. So are you telling me that this one does have the new clone movement?

Reply:
Yes. It is a new Asia Clone 8800 movement made by the Factory side.

thanks for your effort and investigation !

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
I am going to take one for the team & order one. I'll post QC pics when I get them and then again post actual pics when I get the watch in a couple weeks or when ever I get it.

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
I ordered it, but before I did, I asked about the bracelet and Andrew said that the bracelet is coming and it will be available to order at some point in the future. I did not ask how long.

marco130

Renowned Member
29/2/08
I ordered it, but before I did, I asked about the bracelet and Andrew said that the bracelet is coming and it will be available to order at some point in the future. I did not ask how long.

I asked the same question. I was wondering if the bracelet for my Spectre would fit.
Either way stocks are 3-4 days away. Hopefully QC pictures by Wednesday and real world shots in about 10 days.

tr573

Renowned Member
17/10/11
I don't want to be a party pooper, but it looks like a language misunderstanding in that email. He's saying it is an ETA clone (They sell the movement base as an ETA clone) , it's being called an 8800 "clone" because it has the deco plates attached to it. This is not a super clone movement for sure - if it has jump hour functionality (which is impossible to say till he posts his video) , it will be because they did the same modification to it that they do for rolex GMT CHS models to add jump hour.

marco130

Renowned Member
29/2/08
QC’s got here sooner than I thought. Hopefully it will ship soon. I’m waiting on another watch to accompany it so I might have to wait.

vcappp

I'm Pretty Popular
20/6/18
I don't want to be a party pooper, but it looks like a language misunderstanding in that email. He's saying it is an ETA clone (They sell the movement base as an ETA clone) , it's being called an 8800 "clone" because it has the deco plates attached to it. This is not a super clone movement for sure - if it has jump hour functionality (which is impossible to say till he posts his video) , it will be because they did the same modification to it that they do for rolex GMT CHS models to add jump hour.

thanks for clarification

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
I have not accepted QC's yet and I am posting pics because of the discussion of the movement. I'm ok with the front/dial etc, but I am not knowledgeable about the movement to tell if this one has the old asian eta based movement or the new superclone movement in it. He sent me the first 2 pics of the back of the watch and I couldn't tell shit so I asked for at least 2 or 3 more of the back of the watch with the movement in various positions & 1 of the front straight on so I could tell if the date wheel was centered. I got exactly 4 of the front & 1 more pic of the back, which is the last one I have posted here. Since the last time I asked for more pictures I got the opposite of what I had asked for I would really rather not have to ask again for more pictures of the back as it was difficult enough getting the 1 additional one that I did get.

Could someone please help me with the movement on this one please?

Reactions: Watcher232