• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New release: VSF 2018 Seamaster wave dial

The Rod

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/17
You guys need to understand that the 8800 movement is not the same as the 8400/8500 movement. It's much thinner (5.30 vs 4.60mm). The new rep movement just doesn't fit in this watch (yet).

New rep movement is currently housed in the Aqua Terra 41mm which is 12.5mm thick. The new SMP is actually 14mm thick, so it's not a thickness issue.

RepPossessed

The UK dealer
Trusted Dealer
10/11/15
Uk
Prices are higher than TD here but they seem to get new releases a couple of weeks before some others but that could just be relationship with certain factories.

That makes no sense

you think factories will just say.. hold up lets wait a couple of weeks before we sell them to anyone else.. let DTIME have first crack

Yet all the major sellers are here as TD's on RWI

RepPossessed

The UK dealer
Trusted Dealer
10/11/15
Uk
New rep movement is currently housed in the Aqua Terra 41mm which is 12.5mm thick. The new SMP is actually 14mm thick, so it's not a thickness issue.

yes but then there would be an unusual gap between rotor and the caseback

The Rod

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/17
That makes no sense

you think factories will just say.. hold up lets wait a couple of weeks before we sell them to anyone else.. let DTIME have first crack

Yet all the major sellers are here as TD's on RWI

Then how do you explan it? Even TDs here get selectively first dibs on certain releases, once it's Andrew, once it's Ryan, once it's TS...

Ac777

Known Member
16/4/15
Wow! This really doesn't look like anything V6f or VSF ever released.. Disappointing really

RepPossessed

The UK dealer
Trusted Dealer
10/11/15
Uk
Then how do you explan it? Even TDs here get selectively first dibs on certain releases, once it's Andrew, once it's Ryan, once it's TS...

With the exception of the breitling avenger which trusty time had as exclusive, Iv'e yet to see anything that been on any website that I haven't been able to get access to

I cant explain it, but it makes no business sense. Like i wouldn't hold back a product while i could have other people selling dozens of them.

But doesn't DTIME use some rendered pictures of gens? so he could know whats coming and puts it on his site

see this link he really does use rendered pictures
https://dtime.store/td0047-tudor-her...ap-a-7750.html

Ac777

Known Member
16/4/15
Cant you emphasize on that? whats so bad about it?

The video that was posted it looks better . but I'm not used to sloppiness from V*F factory, if you look at the pics posted on the PT website you can see that the lume isn't applied evenly on the hourmarkers and that the bezel markers aren't filled precisely. And the pearl looks bigger on the rep than on the gen.. Aren't the hourmarkers on the gen bigger (higher) ... Again for the price, we can't really complain..

Maybe the lumer was drunk that day. .

Hahaha

alpaca9

You're Saying I Can Sell?
30/5/18
Based on the video I’d say it looks good but not great. The open case back but not clone movement is very disappointing. For now it’s probably smart to stick to the MKF Seamaster Diver V2 (or V1.0002). It’s not a clone of the 2018 model but at least it has a closed case back for you to stick whatever ETA you want in there

The Rod

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/17
With the exception of the breitling avenger which trusty time had as exclusive, Iv'e yet to see anything that been on any website that I haven't been able to get access to

I cant explain it, but it makes no business sense. Like i wouldn't hold back a product while i could have other people selling dozens of them.

But doesn't DTIME use some rendered pictures of gens? so he could know whats coming and puts it on his site

see this link he really does use rendered pictures
https://dtime.store/td0047-tudor-her...ap-a-7750.html

I'll give you another example: Breitling SOH II. When it recently came out only Ryan and Andrew were able to source it for a few weeks

k4jun

Ω Section Moderator
Section Moderator
Certified
25/4/15
So this is the rep we see? Looks better than in the pics.

Yes, is it. The same bezel and movement which are the biggest tells.
I like the DW but you are right that a date font is slightly off.

In 2018 model Omega has simplified SMPc, the case no longer have so many bevels, insert is filled with a white enamel not with the metal.
An accurate rep of 2018 is easier then the correct rep of 2012, I am not surprised rep came out even before the gen.
Do not quite understand that nato. One of the biggest fuss about 2018 is a new updated bracelet. Do not quite see the value of a rep without this bracelet.
Anyway, the watch looks good and if they put a clone inside, improve the insert and date font - it will be hard to tell gen/rep.
And they did the cards with the correct reference number, and matching movement-case-card number - I really hate such practice.

Reactions: sunnydale

LaPavel

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
7/8/17
EU
Thank you LaPavel, these Chinese videos you are sharing are very helpful.
I like to sharing information for our forum. I found Chinese site that are full with macro photos of gen watches all brands. It is as saint grail.

Last edited:
Reactions: leo6929

RepPossessed

The UK dealer
Trusted Dealer
10/11/15
Uk
I'll give you another example: Breitling SOH II. When it recently came out only Ryan and Andrew were able to source it for a few weeks

Interesting.. someone asked me for that watch and i was able to get it for him, he said he couldnt get it anywhere else, i couldnt understand why. strange.. who knows what they are doing sometimes