• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New release: VSF 2018 Seamaster wave dial

Thatwatchguy

Supporter
Supporter
Certified
9/7/17
Who is Dtime?
Prices are higher than TD here but they seem to get new releases a couple of weeks before some others but that could just be relationship with certain factories.

vcappp

I'm Pretty Popular
20/6/18
Strange. If the maker factory name is VSF, why don’t they use the newly replicated super clone movement?

Is it really a newly released recent product from VSF?? or is it just a re-listing of an old product only by Dtime store?

PS. Have anyone experienced Dtime store’s auction system? somewhat interesting... people need to buy $100 amount of D-Credit as minimun, in order to use that D-credit to buy D-coin which is used for joining their auction session which require $10 amount of D-coin per each auction session. hmm ????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jttou

I'm Pretty Popular
9/11/14
Thanks guys. Have been seeing their site being quoted more and more so was curious why ppl are browsing non TD china sites.

The Rod

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/17
Strange. If the maker factory name is VSF, why don’t they use the newly replicated super clone movement?

Is it really a newly released recent product from VSF?? or is it just a re-listing of an old product only by Dtime store?

That was my question: if it'sVSF (and Dtime has not been lying about factories) why no clone movement? It cannot be an old product as even the gen has not been released yet!

Reactions: vcappp

vcappp

I'm Pretty Popular
20/6/18
That was my question: if it'sVSF (and Dtime has not been lying about factories) why no clone movement? It cannot be an old product as even the gen has not been released yet!

wait what?? so the VSF or any other factory releases a rep product even before the gen release?

heav3nz

Renowned Member
4/11/12
Based on my supplier they are using the new clone movement.

The Rod

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/17
Based on my supplier they are using the new clone movement.

What do you mean? In the pics from Dtime it's clearly visible it's a 2824 and not the new clone movement.

The Rod

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/17
wait what?? so the VSF or any other factory releases a rep product even before the gen release?

This has already happened several times, they are not always buying the gen to produce the rep, mostly they use pics online

The Rod

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/17
14mm thick & the open case back with an wrong movement when they have a much better movement available. I think I'll wait. A much better rep is certainly not too far off

My thinking is that they are waiting for the gen to come out to start produce all the other dial combos which they will then outfit with their clone movement. This one is probably an easy win to gauge the interest of the market.

Reactions: Razorig2

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
My thinking is that they are waiting for the gen to come out to start produce all the other dial combos which they will then outfit with their clone movement. This one is probably an easy win to gauge the interest of the market.

What you say could be part of it, but I do think these guys are just capitalizing on the opportunity. I think they just do the best they can with pics when the gen is not available and this way they have something out there when the gen is just released and hot. They really don't care how great a copy it is, they just want to sell some watches. Knowing that they will eventually sell more if they get it better, they fix a thing or two and release another version and the cycle continues. This is a very popular model watch and there are sure to be many iterations to come.

The Rod

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/17
What you say could be part of it, but I do think these guys are just capitalizing on the opportunity. I think they just do the best they can with pics when the gen is not available and this way they have something out there when the gen is just released and hot. They really don't care how great a copy it is, they just want to sell some watches. Knowing that they will eventually sell more if they get it better, they fix a thing or two and release another version and the cycle continues. This is a very popular model watch and there are sure to be many iterations to come.

Therefore the conclusion is: let's wait for v2 :)

Reactions: Razorig2

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
Therefore the conclusion is: let's wait for v2 :)

I suppose the answer could be different for each person, but for me that would be my conclusion. I have too many watches already and I would like this one but I really don't need it and since I probably won't wear a bad rep of it, I'll just wait until there is a reasonably good one.

Fracture

Renowned Member
7/10/13
You guys need to understand that the 8800 movement is not the same as the 8400/8500 movement. It's much thinner (5.30 vs 4.60mm). The new rep movement just doesn't fit in this watch (yet).