• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

39.5mm version of Planet Ocean 600M

cheapengineer

Looking Around
18/6/20
That one isn’t liquid metal?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From the Omega website:

"This 39.5 mm model features a sleek black ceramic case and bezel with a white enamel diving scale. The dial is also black ceramic dial with 18K white gold numerals, indexes and hands, as well as a date window at 3 o’clock."

Fedon06

Known Member
31/8/20
M Town
Been hunting for the 39.5 PO recently and VSF’s reviews were nice until now. But after reading this thread I’m a bit hesitated of the bezel differing from gen and also the threads stripping off.. I use my quality factory reps in beaches and swimming frequently so WR is another feature I seek in reps..

Is the bezel also looking below omega quality? Or just differing from gen but high quality? Asking this flaws can be ignored if rep is not held next to gen :) but it should look the part

Glovebox

Looking Around
17/8/21
I'm interested in getting this 39.5, what is the appropriate process to go through with that website to avoid getting screwed too badly?

User2007

Horology Curious
30/5/14
I read the wohle thread weeks before i finally pushed the button for an offer.
i wonder if someone of you experts can tell if it is rep or gen?! For me i could not find the discussed big flaws for what i saw in the pictures online

Last edited:

User2007

Horology Curious
30/5/14
Anybody else?
Im asking because i really could not Spot the Major flaws when comparing pictures rep. Vs. Gen…. And here were so many who Said, that it is an Instant Tell when having a closer look…

User2007

Horology Curious
30/5/14
Anybody else?
Im asking because i really could not Spot the Major flaws when comparing pictures rep. Vs. Gen…. And here were so many who Said, that it is an Instant Tell when having a closer look…

User2007

Horology Curious
30/5/14
Hm, in this picture here, i think bezel insert looks identical. But one is rep and the other one is gen. I really can not tell instantly
please let me know how you guys spot the fake one.
jTuGYE.jpg

Last edited:

jpchub

Renowned Member
7/12/18
Cape Town
Liquid metal has a different shine/reflection to it. Different to the shine the black ceramic part has. The VSF as well as the Noob LMPO does not have real liquid metal of course and i think (could be mistaken) it is just painted on. So then silver numerals reflect the same as the black. This makes the silver numerals disappear in certain lighting. Wherass the real liquid metal still stands out in the same lighting conditions and make the numerals visible. When looking closely, you can also seenthe liquid metal is inserted into the bezel insert. Wherass the reps are perfectly smooth as if it is all just one material.

Last edited:
Reactions: keisuke_z

User2007

Horology Curious
30/5/14
I Cant see any difference vetween the two watches i posted.
the one with the steel bracelett has the same „liquid metal“ in the insert than the watch with leather band. When you look at the „4“ on the insert of the leather one, there is the same structure as on the watch with steel bracelet.

which one is the gen and which the rep?

jpchub

Renowned Member
7/12/18
Cape Town
I Cant see any difference vetween the two watches i posted.
the one with the steel bracelett has the same „liquid metal“ in the insert than the watch with leather band. When you look at the „4“ on the insert of the leather one, there is the same structure as on the watch with steel bracelet.

which one is the gen and which the rep?

one with steel bracelet seems to be gen and the other rep. the liquid metal parts in the rep is more smooth, more silver, and more reflective. the gen's isnt shiny silver, its more n lighter gray if I can say it like that. it also look like it has n brushed tecture.

Tijdwijzer

Renowned Member
24/11/20
Europe
They are very much alike. When you compare with gen you will always find flaws. The bezel numbers and dull orange color are the biggest flaws and that's not very much. It's a great rep and I wear mine with pride.

4ebfaa586b89970b8583eae781bf6720.jpg

Is this VSF OP 39.5mm still the best rep today? is it available?

BalmainBoy

Horology Curious
27/9/21
Is this VSF OP 39.5mm still the best rep today? is it available?

Try JTime. I think they still have a few. I ordered one a couple of weeks ago and it is on the way.
Note I think they are closed for Chinese New Year till 11th Feb (not accepting orders).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Tijdwijzer