• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

NEW RELEASE: A8605 clone Aqua Terra

leo6929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
2/5/16
Probably a mistake. Gen GMT is 43mm

Train1

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/8/07
Can Anyone explain me, why some people stating, size for gmt rep is 41.5 not as gen (43mm)?
https://puretime.io/aqua-terra-150m...ed-dial-on-ss-bracelet-a8605-super-clone.html states that it is 43mm x 14mm which is 1:1 case?

The VSF AT GMT is only 41.5mm. The webs sites saying 43mm are wrong. I just got mine today and put the calipers on it.

Does anyone know how to remove a link from the bracelet? I tried one of the screw pins but it just removed the tiniest screw head I've ever seen and it almost killed me getting it back in. Does the female pin in the bracelet push out once the screws on both sides are removed? I tried with a tool but didn't want to force it until I knew for sure.

marco130

Renowned Member
29/2/08
The VSF AT GMT is only 41.5mm. The webs sites saying 43mm are wrong. I just got mine today and put the calipers on it.

Does anyone know how to remove a link from the bracelet? I tried one of the screw pins but it just removed the tiniest screw head I've ever seen and it almost killed me getting it back in. Does the female pin in the bracelet push out once the screws on both sides are removed? I tried with a tool but didn't want to force it until I knew for sure.

The center pin does push out. I use one of my small punches. I found picking up the screw with a fine tweezer was a little easier to drop it in the the threaded hole and try to get it threaded before it falls out. It can be a bitch and that is one of the smallest screws I’ve ever handled.

Reactions: vcappp

Dan2018

Known Member
19/8/18
U.K.
Hi all, is there any consensus on what is the best dial colour to go for? I’m inclined to go for black.

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
Can Anyone explain me, why some people stating, size for gmt rep is 41.5 not as gen (43mm)?
https://puretime.io/aqua-terra-150m...ed-dial-on-ss-bracelet-a8605-super-clone.html states that it is 43mm x 14mm which is 1:1 case?

If you go back and read this was all discussed to death. I got a VSF AT GMT and one of the regular AT's as did several others. The GMT is supposed to be 43mm but the rep is not. They took a short cut to get it out and used the same 41.5mm case as they did with the regular AT. One of the members had one of the Dealers ask VSF about this and they said they were aware and would come out with the right size 43mm case within a couple months. That is probably the asian way of saying 6 months, who knows..... In any case if you want it now, it is 41.5mm and if you want the correct size case you are going to have to wait a while. I think that what happens is that the dealers just put up on their site what the factory is telling them and sometimes the factories either straight up lie or they accidentally give incorrect info.

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16

It is easier if you remove the screws on both sides and then you can use a punch to push the pin that is in there out far enough so you can grab it and pull it out. Be super careful to use a good screwdriver and make sure you have the right size as it is really easy to damage the screw as it is super small

w0rn

Supporter
19/7/15
Hi all,
A bit of a problem I need help on.

https://www.intime03.co/omega/5120-...lack-textured-dial-on-ss-bracelet-vs8500.html

I bought the above expecting the new movement as per the photos on the website. Instead I’ve been sent QC photos of the movement below.

https://picr.me/image/JaHuL

I have highlighted it to QC but its disappointing all the same!

If that is the GMT, then you got the wrong markings on the rotor, can't see anyting else that is wrong with it?
It says 8500 when it should say 8605.

Reactions: csthe and Dan2018

Dan2018

Known Member
19/8/18
U.K.
w0rn thanks for taking the time mate. Am I being silly in highlighting that there doesn’t seem to be the exposed balance wheel in the QC pic like there is on the photos of the watch on the website?

w0rn

Supporter
19/7/15
w0rn thanks for taking the time mate. Am I being silly in highlighting that there doesn’t seem to be the exposed balance wheel in the QC pic like there is on the photos of the watch on the website?

Again, if that is the GMT version of the Omega AT from VSF, then you are right to tell the TD that it is the wrong rotor on the movement and don't need to accept it.
I ask you if it's the GMT because you haven't told me that it is, even though you have posted in the "GMT" thread.

Reactions: Dan2018

santre22

I'm Pretty Popular
22/3/12
Its the same movement in the QC pit Utes its just the balance is behind the rotor. As the one you linked is the non gmt version all engravings and 8500 is correct. I have the same watch and it's absolutely amazing!

for some reason I can't quote on mobile bowser Dan2018

Dan2018

Known Member
19/8/18
U.K.
Cheers mateys: my sole question is in that case why is the balance behind the rotor in the QC but not in that usual photos on the website or in general?

Dan2018

Known Member
19/8/18
U.K.
Two new QC pics: the one with the balance wheel is how I expect it to look. Surely not the same movement?

J53QF.png

J5atr.png

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
Cheers mate: I worked that out when I actually looked at one in action. I deserved to get flamed to a crisp for this lol!

Lol. Don’t worry man, we’ve all asked stupid questions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Dan2018