• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

NEW RELEASE: A8605 clone Aqua Terra

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
According to Omega AD, the case measurement excludes crown.

5e0cb0e5f2a9ef1d886a324aba42e70c.png

Hence the GMT rep is not gen spec. The factory know about this issue and will release a revised edition in a few months (ref. Email from Fat Panda)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

imranbecks

I'm Pretty Popular
17/11/15
The Neutral Zone
There is no certified rule on how to measure watch cases. Even on GEN forums people are confused on Omega sizes. There is an expose somewhere online that states the Aqua Terra GMT is 43mm including crown. My REP is just that.

Further other states to use 2 / 8 for measuring - My GMT is 43mm using that method as well. I.e GEN specs.

Pls post pics to to back up your statement for the AT150m.

Ask and you shall receive.. Unlike some people.

My gen AT with ruler over it. With the crown it would be close to 43mm. Minus the crown, it's more or less 41.5mm as described at the Omega website for this particular non GMT model. So this shows that their measurements are minus the crown. This further proves that the GMT rep is in the wrong size. You don't measure it with the crown.

44210067332_17f4b18904_b.jpg

With that, I rest my case... No pun intended.

Last edited:

vcappp

I'm Pretty Popular
20/6/18
I visited to an Omega boutique to measure the size of AT GMT but AT GMT 43mm is the previous generation and out of stock.

I will try to visit to the other boutique.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

w0rn

Supporter
19/7/15
Thanks for taking the time to measure it marco130 and it shows that the factory is using the same middle case on both the GMT and the AT.
I might be the only one to not be so sad about this as I really wanted the GMT for my GMT collection but didn't like the bigger size compared of it to the AT witch I think has better proportions.
Now I get an GMT with the size of an AT, ofcourse not gen spec but...

fasty

Horology Curious
26/7/18
Thanks for taking the time to measure it marco130 and it shows that the factory is using the same middle case on both the GMT and the AT.
I might be the only one to not be so sad about this as I really wanted the GMT for my GMT collection but didn't like the bigger size compared of it to the AT witch I think has better proportions.
Now I get an GMT with the size of an AT, ofcourse not gen spec but...

I feel the same way. I got mine off intime. Their listing stated the case size as 41mm. I thought there might have been a discrepancy on their listing and that is was 43mm but I was hoping for 41mm. I'm personally not a fan of anything bigger.

Either way, I think the watch is a beauty.

Last edited:

fasty

Horology Curious
26/7/18
Quick question. My date starts to change at around 10pm and changes fully at 11.55pm or so. Is this normal? The rest of the day the date is in the centre.

WVlhX.jpg

Last edited:

jttou

I'm Pretty Popular
9/11/14
So the GMT is confirmed to be 41mm as rep? I think the 41mm regular AT is already on the edge, 43mm will be too big for sure, at least for me. Really thought the GMT was 43mm as rep as well. Factories probably will release a correct version for anyone that is interested.

stoyania

15/4/16
Quick question. My date starts to change at around 10pm and changes fully at 11.55pm or so. Is this normal? The rest of the day the date is in the centre.

WVlhX.jpg

does anyone has the gen GMT model to share how does the date change?

marco130

Renowned Member
29/2/08
I checked both of my GMT’s. They basically did the same thing. They started rolling to the next date about 10 pm and clicked a couple of minutes before 12