• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Help me decide, I need a new Omega!

asdf

Looking Around
20/4/12
So I'll be the first to admit I know VERY little about all of the different rep's out there and from doing some homework things have changed quite a bit since my last rep purchase. About 6 years ago I bought my first Omega rep which at the time seemed to be best version out there (Ultimate PO). Well that watch has finally died, I can't complain, 6 years of everyday use it's treated me well.

Seems theres a lot of new factories or more than I knew about back then. I've narrowed my search down to what I've found from my searches seem to be the best reps that are closest to a gen although I'm not even sure if some of them are still available or if there's a better option out there now.

So, a little help from those of you who know MUCH more than I do would be greatly appreciated. Most of all I want something robust since I'm not always kind to my watches and do wear them daily.

#1 Being just replacing my PO with what seems to be the newest and best version available being the V4 Noob factory Liquidmetal

#2 Is the new 8500 Spectre from VSF, the movement not being proven makes this one a little Iffy but the fit and finish seems to be excellent compared to the Gen. I'm not real big on the whole 007 thing but I might be able to get used to it with a Nato strap even though I prefer the metal bracelet.

#3 Another one I like is JF's V2 Speedy Moonwatch, I can't seem to find a lot of info on this one comparing it to a gen. (I keep reading nobody has made a really good version of this?)

#4 The one that I really like is the 300m in black from MK factory, I've read that it houses a real swiss 2824 (is this actually true?) From what I could gather everything on the watch is top quality except for an issue with the bezel that differs quite a bit from the gen.

So any advice or suggestions would be greatly welcome, if I'm wrong on something please correct me! If there's a better version I didn't mention above please speak up!