• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

LMPO... Confused, Help me!

Mancster

Renowned Member
Certified
27/8/17
Hi guys I’m looking to purchase a liquid metal
planet ocean but I’m confused by so many different models. First question, from what I’ve read, the Noob v5 is the best to go for? OMF just released one but apparently has lots of flaws.

As far as I can see, all the Noob versions are a copy of the 1948 limited edition. Do Noob do a copy of the standard 42mm LMPO, the one with the open caseback?

I am tempted to go for this one but wondered whether Noob do any other versions which are available at TD’s

https://puretime.io/omega-seamaster...1-1-noob-best-edition-v5-free-nato-strap.html

Teecey09

Known Member
10/6/18
U.K.
Personally I’d go for the Noob V5, as stated there seems to be flaws on the new OMF version. Here’s my V5 on a new square tip leather I thought I’d try out, really like it!

Reactions: merowinger

Mancster

Renowned Member
Certified
27/8/17
Thanks buddy! Looks Awesome. Is this Noob v5 only available as 1948 edition, with the closed caseback?

csthe

I'm Pretty Popular
16/3/13
I was wondering this myself. VSF just released their new omega movement, maybe it is best to wait and see if they will release LMPO?

Teecey09

Known Member
10/6/18
U.K.
I was wondering this myself. VSF just released their new omega movement, maybe it is best to wait and see if they will release LMPO?

Being a closed case back I don’t think it will really make much difference if I’m correct?

Ac777

Known Member
16/4/15
I think he means the CRPO (open case back)

A little background info:
You have a few different Planet Ocean models:

42mm Planet Ocean , with the aluminium bezel
45mm Planet Ocean , with the aluminium bezel (both with white or orange accents on bezel and dial)

42mm Planet Ocean Liquid Metal Limited Edition (LMPO) which is a transitional model (first ceramic bezel and dial) Same case shape as the older versions with the 2500 movement. and red accents on second hand and SEAMASTER logo. still a closed caseback.

42mm Planet Ocean Ceramic (CRPO)
45mm Planet Ocean Ceramic (CRPO) (Both with open caseback, new decorated 8500 movement, thicker case and orange and silver numerals and/or bezel options

**EDIT***
Forgot >>>
42 & 45 Planet Ocean Titanium (TiPO) Same as the CRPO but with a blue dial and bezel and case & bracelet made from titanium.

Noob used to make the CRPO but the movement was an instant tell. the LMPO version 5 from noob is supposed to be the best available, although I know people go nuts for the v1 when offered in the m2m section, which happens maybe once a year.

Mancster if you want that I add pictures of the different models, let me know.
​​​​​​
I hear VSF is bringing out a new CRPO very soon with the new 8500 super clone movement. I'd wait till that one comes out.

I have the v6f with the miyota movement and I only wear it when washing the dishes, going to the beach or taking a shower hoping that one day it won't be water resistant anymore.. Haha

Last edited:
Reactions: mech500 and leo6929

Mancster

Renowned Member
Certified
27/8/17
Ac777 thanks so much for the info: it’s people like you that make this such a wonderful place!

Reactions: csthe

JohnSnow123

Horology Curious
18/4/17
No, the tip comes red now. No need for modding anymore!

Which TD did you use?

Jennifer from Puretime have just told me that "the second hand tip is still a bit orange" in response to the question "is the new version with red second-hand tip, or is it still orange?" (Talking about the LMPO Noob v5, which also have a orange tip on their website-pictures).

Teecey09

Known Member
10/6/18
U.K.
I used Sead (supermirrors) it’s definitely red and as far as I’m aware everyone else who has received a v5 has a red tip too.

JohnSnow123

Horology Curious
18/4/17
I used Sead (supermirrors) it’s definitely red and as far as I’m aware everyone else who has received a v5 has a red tip too.

I actually wrote Sead three days ago in regards to the LMPO's he currently have on his inventory list. I asked the following questions "Is this the NOOB v5? Do you have any pictures of it?" he only replied with "here is pictures";

cQqYRxl.jpg

Also this QC from r/RepTime seems to indicate that Puretimes v5 still has orange tip.

Last edited:

JohnSnow123

Horology Curious
18/4/17
I actually wrote Sead three days ago in regards to the LMPO's he currently have on his inventory list. I asked the following questions "Is this the NOOB v5? Do you have any pictures of it?" he only replied with "here is pictures";

cQqYRxl.jpg

Also this QC from r/RepTime seems to indicate that Puretimes v5 still has orange tip.

We can atleast somewhat conclude that either TD's are getting different watches or there seems to inconsistency in the v5 production.

Teecey09

Known Member
10/6/18
U.K.
Well my v5 definitely came with red tip as you can see above and see from my QC pic here, I can’t see anyway some v5 would come with red tip and others wouldn’t unless they’re just outdated pictures they’re using before they send over the QC with the newer version.

finstock

Horology Curious
23/5/18
Hey, guys - totally new here, but I purchased a V5 from puretime, or at least what was marketed as a V5, and it's definitely an orange tip. It's my first rep, went with it after lurking here and purchased it within days of the release of the V5. Overall, I think it's fantastic. Just another data point for the conversation.

elzac

Known Member
7/12/10
I email intime .. seems to be orange .... dont wanna place order and end up getting a orange tip ... The OMF version too many flaws? tks

Teecey09

Known Member
10/6/18
U.K.
Hey, guys - totally new here, but I purchased a V5 from puretime, or at least what was marketed as a V5, and it's definitely an orange tip. It's my first rep, went with it after lurking here and purchased it within days of the release of the V5. Overall, I think it's fantastic. Just another data point for the conversation.

On the back casing does it say WORLDPREMIERE or WORLD PREMIERE (with the spacing)