• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New release: Aqua Terra with 8400 clone movement

Thatwatchguy

Supporter
Supporter
Certified
9/7/17
Really tempted to get one in blue... Anyone here who has that could tell me how the strap is quality-wise, and more importantly the clasp?

There have been a couple of posts where the logo on the clasp has come off!

Alexccmeister

8/11/18
Trusty now has the rubber straps for 88$ shipped. Thinking about pulling the trigger on this one:

http://www.trustytime.club/index.php...ducts_id=19368

I have one of this strap. Not using it at the moment. I find on the clasp the spring plates is not strong enough and the buttons can be easily pressed with little effort. The clasp may have the tendency to open accidentally. This I think is a flaw in the way the spring plate is made. The gen would probably have stronger and stiffer spring plate. (The one circled blue)

L80BT.jpg

Last edited:

vcappp

I'm Pretty Popular
20/6/18
Here is the information that will ends the confusion about the date wheel colors on the gray dial Aqua Terra.

Now I can confirm that at least there is some numbers of the genuine Omega Aqua Terra Gray dial model watch with the BLACK color date and WHITE color background date wheel.

The picture of genuine watches below shows the evidence from the Authentic Omega shop. I took the picture and did try this on my wrist in person and took a look very closely, it was black date and white background date wheel on the gray dial Aqua Terra.
IN CONCLUSION: VSF version is correct.
50928baa6f2aecfcfc6b7460f84dde51.jpg
e4ebb4350f7a9ae6e78090a408a76e37.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

leo6929

I'm Pretty Popular
2/5/16
My man, hate to contradict you also...but all those date wheels look grey to me.... however it is a lighter grey than the color of the dial. At some point it was stated that some early grey dial gen models had a white date wheel. So for me it wouldn't be a problem either way.

vcappp

I'm Pretty Popular
20/6/18
My man, hate to contradict you also...but all those date wheels look grey to me.... however it is a lighter grey than the color of the dial. At some point it was stated that some early grey dial gen models had a white date wheel. So for me it wouldn't be a problem either way.

The date wheel color is actually white when you see it in person.

The watches on the picture is under the glass showcase box.

But I had a chance to see it outside of the glass showcase box. The date wheel color was white actually. I was able to see the white dial watches too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: leo6929