• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New release: Aqua Terra with 8400 clone movement

cheld

Renowned Member
Supporter
7/3/18
Let's not turn this into a "what do you think" thread... that's against forum rules. AC777 was justified in posting a QC picture because (a) the factory/TD screwed up the color; (b) the OMEGA logo is obviously FUBAR. QC pictures can be posted on RWI to either illustrate a serious flaw or to ask for a second opinion on a specific flaw you believe is present. Not to post a complete set of pictures just for kicks.

Puqq

Looking Around
16/7/18
Let's not turn this into a "what do you think" thread... that's against forum rules. AC777 was justified in posting a QC picture because (a) the factory/TD screwed up the color; (b) the OMEGA logo is obviously FUBAR. QC pictures can be posted on RWI to either illustrate a serious flaw or to ask for a second opinion on a specific flaw you believe is present. Not to post a complete set of pictures just for kicks.

Sorry about this. I am first time buyer and honestly do not know how to proceed with this. I was hoping more experienced people could help. No harm intended.

To me it looks mostly, but 20s number is a bit off, but I might be missing something very easily.

Last edited:

nxxxn

Horology Curious
24/3/16
Just noticed something guys. Do all AT models have "Anti-magnetic" and "15,000 gauss" on the case backs? I noticed that some qc pics here have it but the one I ordered does not. Google shows some Gen models with and others without. Any clarification would be helpful. Thanks!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Reactions: vcappp

Ac777

Known Member
16/4/15
I just received QC pictures for a blue aqua terra V6F from a TD. What do you think?

I have requested dial close up and side picture (for dial colour)

IMG_6862.jpg

IMG_6864.jpg

IMG_6866.jpg

IMG_6868.jpg

IMG_6870.jpg

Looks good..

imranbecks

I'm Pretty Popular
17/11/15
The Neutral Zone
Just noticed something guys. Do all AT models have "Anti-magnetic" and "15,000 gauss" on the case backs? I noticed that some qc pics here have it but the one I ordered does not. Google shows some Gen models with and others without. Any clarification would be helpful. Thanks!

All the Master Co-Axial AT models will have the Anti Magnetic and 15000 gauss engraved on the caseback. Only the bumblebee AT won't have it on the caseback. Instead, 15000 gauss is engraved on the rotor of the bumblebee model. If you see pics of the gen caseback without anti magnetic and 15000 gauss on the caseback, that's likely the regular 8500 Co-Axial model and not the Master Co-Axial.

​​​​​​
33889498384_369371d46b_b.jpg

Bumblebee AT
43950702041_357ac37e32_b.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: vcappp

nxxxn

Horology Curious
24/3/16
Thank you for the info. Hmm...I think I may have gotten the Bumblebee case back on the blue AT I just ordered. Didn't catch it on the QC pics (whoops). Watch is waiting at the post office for pick up so I'll post pics tonight of the dial. Do you think its worth messaging the TD to get the right case back as their site has pictures of both case backs on the same watch. I feel like I'm out of luck since I green lighted the QC's.

All the Master Co-Axial AT models will have the Anti Magnetic and 15000 gauss engraved on the caseback. Only the bumblebee AT won't have it on the caseback. Instead, 15000 gauss is engraved on the rotor of the bumblebee model. If you see pics of the gen caseback without anti magnetic and 15000 gauss on the caseback, that's likely the regular 8500 Co-Axial model and not the Master Co-Axial.

Last edited:

RepPossessed

The UK dealer
Trusted Dealer
10/11/15
Uk
So guys whats your general thoughts on these? close to NWBIG? or what flaws are you seeing?

heres one i sent to a customer

unnamed-X3.jpg

Reactions: Cloney

w0rn

Supporter
19/7/15
So guys whats your general thoughts on these? close to NWBIG? or what flaws are you seeing?

heres one i sent to a customer

unnamed-X3.jpg

Don't see any flaws on it, in my mind it's one of the best reps in the last years, that is if you like Omega watches.
The only thing on this watch specific is that the date is not completly centered, but minor flaw.
The movement is the big question, haven't heard of anyone tearing apart and give an honest opinion of it yet, that is what i'm wating for, have one on the way (GMT) that is going straight for service and complete teardown.

RepPossessed

The UK dealer
Trusted Dealer
10/11/15
Uk
I had the blue one also,which i wanted to keep tbh... its very hard to get a good shot of it, the pictures never seem to do the dial any justice

here a link to a little video where i tried to capture the effect of the dial under light
https://repsource.smugmug.com/Omega/...-VSF/i-tkhvWg3

Ac777 the lighting they use in those photo tents plays havoc with the dial.. you need to see it in natural light.. its stunning

IMG_20180806_161919-X3.jpg

IMG_20180806_162237-X3.jpg

RepPossessed

The UK dealer
Trusted Dealer
10/11/15
Uk
I agree.. i was so impressed by these but I have not had a lot oqu terras in mu=y hand to compare, i was especially impressed with the bracelet

Also.. that date being not great, well.. that may be something to look out for because some dates were aligned better than others

Don't see any flaws on it, in my mind it's one of the best reps in the last years, that is if you like Omega watches.
The only thing on this watch specific is that the date is not completly centered, but minor flaw.
The movement is the big question, haven't heard of anyone tearing apart and give an honest opinion of it yet, that is what i'm wating for, have one on the way (GMT) that is going straight for service and complete teardown.

Reactions: w0rn

w0rn

Supporter
19/7/15
I had the blue one also,which i wanted to keep tbh... its very hard to get a good shot of it, the pictures never seem to do the dial any justice

here a link to a little video where i tried to capture the effect of the dial under light

That is really a nice example of this rep at it's best and I get why you wanted to keep it.
The talk about if the blue dial color/hue of it is completly correct against the gen or not, in my mind it's so close that it really doesn't matter, if you can put that factor aside and just look at it, it's a really damn nice watch.

Reactions: merowinger

reppin

Renowned Member
27/5/12

Ac777 the lighting they use in those photo tents plays havoc with the dial.. you need to see it in natural light.. its stunning

cheers for this mate. this shows the blue is very close and the logo is a QC issue(just make sure you pick a good one).

really helpful post instead of all the scare mongering from QC pics in overly lit rooms.

Thatwatchguy

Supporter
Supporter
Certified
9/7/17
No, I didn't accept this one. First because I ordered the black version.

And a flaw like that isn't acceptable, if I ordered the blue version I would have turned it down as well.

​​​​​​Can't believe that something like that snuck in, and the TD didn't notice a huge flaw like that before sending me the pictures.
Agree there is nitpicking but that logo is just terrible...I'd be questioning TD choice if they chose that one, hopefully that wasn't the best of the batch!

Ac777

Known Member
16/4/15
Agree there is nitpicking but that logo is just terrible...I'd be questioning TD choice if they chose that one, hopefully that wasn't the best of the batch!
I never questioned the quality of this model in general. Otherwise I never would have ordered one. Just to be on the safe side I decided for the black color. Maybe if I ever find a Gen blue dial, I'll pop that one in.

I was just a little flabbergasted about the 'DmeGa' logo, because I didn't see it at first and if I actually ordered the blue version I would have accepted it before I saw the logo and I would have been disappointed in myself... so I just wanted to put it out there for other members to check, check, double check! Because I got QC pics within a few hours so they had this one lying around...

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

nxxxn

Horology Curious
24/3/16
I've been comparing the watch I received today to the Gen pics and the colors looks damn close to me... The color of the dial does changes with different light. It's smokey out and the sun is orange so the dial looked purple outside. (first time posting pics so let me know if they don't work)
00a26971b228c8ea0285b05d6d31016d.jpg
434763a285f1815c0fcc423da0cb4af3.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Babidi and vcappp

imranbecks

I'm Pretty Popular
17/11/15
The Neutral Zone
I've been comparing the watch I received today to the Gen pics and the colors looks damn close to me... The color of the dial does changes with different light. It's smokey out and the sun is orange so the dial looked purple outside. (first time posting pics so let me know if they don't work)
For a rep, that looks really good! Wear it well!

Here is my gen with it's various shades of blue...

35190787095_04abd76848_b.jpg

35022358202_5e2c9d96a1_b.jpg

29032422007_15627e6f76_b.jpg

34379200993_98f501733c_b.jpg

43932547922_4ec9183721_b.jpg

Last edited: