• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

MKF Spectre

71bucks

18/5/10
I wonder how the bezel feels: I have the old V6F with the Miyota and when I turn that bezel it feels/sounds like nails on a chalkboard.

If they come out with a blue one I'm all over it.

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
That's how it is on the gen. The lume is filled into the cut out.

I agree.

The lume on my (gen) SM300 (non Spectre but same dial) is definitely filled. In fact I can even see some over spill at 9oclock. Lol

68fae9f1ba27fa2fd1291dc9df17fde1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
On previous reps the hour hands looks waaay to close to the dial. Lacks gen depth IMO. Interested to see what new clone movement hand stack looks like. I’m obsessed with handstack height lol

leo6929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
2/5/16
On previous reps the hour hands looks waaay to close to the dial. Lacks gen depth IMO. Interested to see what new clone movement hand stack looks like. I’m obsessed with handstack height lol

That's a very specific quip mate, :D

Reactions: capice and mech500

imranbecks

I'm Pretty Popular
17/11/15
The Neutral Zone
I agree.

The lume on my (gen) SM300 (non Spectre but same dial) is definitely filled. In fact I can even see some over spill at 9oclock. Lol

68fae9f1ba27fa2fd1291dc9df17fde1.jpg

Oh wow.. I can see it. Clearly now the gen isn't sandwiched like someone here mentioned. How did that over still of lume happen..lol.. I would've returned that for a new one... You didn't check it before purchase? Boutique or AD?

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
Oh wow.. I can see it. Clearly now the gen isn't sandwiched like someone here mentioned. How did that over still of lume happen..lol.. I would've returned that for a new one... You didn't check it before purchase? Boutique or AD?

It’s common on gen. It’s apparently a characteristic of the dial. Looks worse in the pictures than real life. I got it gray market....wouldn’t pay retail on omega.

imranbecks

I'm Pretty Popular
17/11/15
The Neutral Zone
It’s common on gen. It’s apparently a characteristic of the dial. Looks worse in the pictures than real life. I got it gray market....wouldn’t pay retail on omega.

I hear ya. Got my gen Aqua Terra at 20% off from the AD. Better than paying full price at Omega imo. I'm looking at that pic closely, and I noticed that all the markers have the lume filled in rather sloppily. Lighting or is that bits of lume around the edges of some of the hour markers?

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
I hear ya. Got my gen Aqua Terra at 20% off from the AD. Better than paying full price at Omega imo. I'm looking at that pic closely, and I noticed that all the markers have the lume filled in rather sloppily. Lighting or is that bits of lume around the edges of some of the hour markers?

It’s just the light and reflections making the lume look even more “puffy” vintage tritium style. I think it is part of the design intent for the lume to look like that at certain angles/lighting. It’s hard to explain but gen dial is very dynamic.

Reactions: leo6929

LaPavel

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
7/8/17
EU
bracelet links shape are absolutely off on vsf
cd7f290f1abc85c864aa88138f780437.png

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

71bucks

18/5/10
I'd buy the one on the left and included in the reasons would be for the ETA clone movement in it (as opposed to the new Omega clone of unknown/unproven quality and reliability).

Sic4531

You're Saying I Can Sell?
20/5/18
Some really interesting comparisons on the MK and VS. I'm sure once these start getting out into the rep market, people will start unloading the one they bought so they can buy the other brand they ultimately preferred.

phdsjain

I'm Pretty Popular
6/3/14
Some really interesting comparisons on the MK and VS. I'm sure once these start getting out into the rep market, people will start unloading the one they bought so they can buy the other brand they ultimately preferred.

The only ones who care enough to do so are us forum nitpickers. Truth is these are all high quality watches for the money irrespective of how close they are to the Gen. This is my opinion purely from experience and I would choose to keep the rep which feels better: bracelet, bezel action, lume, movement, polished markers and hands, sunburst quality of the dial etc.

Reactions: leo6929

Sic4531

20/5/18
The only ones who care enough to do so are us forum nitpickers. Truth is these are all high quality watches for the money irrespective of how close they are to the Gen. This is my opinion purely from experience and I would choose to keep the rep which feels better: bracelet, bezel action, lume, movement, polished markers and hands, sunburst quality of the dial etc.

I certainly get that impression over at the Rolex forums here. Comparing ARF and Noob variations; constantly chasing the perfect rep. In the end its all subjective like you've said, and they are all exceptional time pieces. I wouldn't be surprised once people start getting more hands on the clone Omega 8500 movement, that opinions change again for some valid maintenance reasons. Choices will be made...

Reactions: phdsjain

phdsjain

I'm Pretty Popular
6/3/14
I wouldn't be surprised once people start getting more hands on the clone Omega 8500 movement, that opinions change again for some valid maintenance reasons. Choices will be made...

From what I understand, the VSF clone of the Omega 8500 is a heavily reworked Swiss clone and not a true co-axial movement which is good news as very few non-Omega Watchsmith's would be able to service or repair a true 8500 clone and they wouldn't even accept to work on a replica.

Sic4531

20/5/18
From what I understand, the VSF clone of the Omega 8500 is a heavily reworked Swiss clone and not a true co-axial movement which is good news as very few non-Omega Watchsmith's would be able to service or repair a true 8500 clone and they wouldn't even accept to work on a replica.

That's the impression I get also. A few closeups of the balance wheel show a traditional escapement. I agree it's good news for sure. I read something about servicing Omega co-ax movements needing 50-100x microscopes to see the precisely minuscule amount of oil needed to be applied to the escapement teeth...

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK

V6 (left), gen (right):

As you can see gen lume is “vintage puffy”. It looks like lume over-spill or non crisp application (eg. 2oclock marker)

c82a3bc3970af15b4399d2445efd7737.jpg