• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Omega 8500 super clone is here

Foxxfire

FoX, the Patron
20/1/17
EU / CH
(...)
4. The GMT bezel is not tight enough, as in it moves easily enough that I have had to correct it a few times.

That's not a main failure of the whole series. Sounds like the click spring is in your watch to weak (or missing at all)?
Do you have a chance to look it up yourself?

krishna05

Horology Curious
27/7/18
That's not a main failure of the whole series. Sounds like the click spring is in your watch to weak (or missing at all)?
Do you have a chance to look it up yourself?

It clicks , so I don't think the spring is missing. and its not as loose that would shift when I swing my arms, but it does move easy enough that I have to put it back in the place that I want.

I'm not enough of a bother to open and make an attempt to fix.

Foxxfire

FoX, the Patron
20/1/17
EU / CH
But clothing should not be able to rotate the bezel... hmm... are you fit enough to lift the bezel and look it up?

juliusglc

Horology Curious
15/6/18
A small update

after receiving the watch back from my TD about 4 months ago,the watch was working well till about a month back

the problem was that it may stop spontaneously after a few days-weeks of using and move again after tapping

when i try winding the watch manually,it just stops until i try and tap on it a few times again.i dont think its a power reserve issue,i think something in the movement gets stuck sometimes as i move,
probably something related to the stem and crown?

honestly,its just too much trouble to send it back to the td again at this point

Reactions: Foxxfire

Jsrar35

Looking Around
29/3/19
Me and a friend of mine have had Aqua Terras with the clone movement for around six months now.

Personally I couldn't be happier with it and haven't had any issues but my friend's watch has been little bit more problematic. From the beginning his piece had a somewhat poor power reserve at around 24 hours, as compared to mine that runs for 60 or so hours easy which from my understanding is what the movement should be getting. The power reserve itself is somewhat annoying but not that big of a deal because he wears it every day anyway so even with a 24hr reserve it rarely stops, but it's still a sign of something not working like it's supposed to.

Now a new issue has come. He said he's been noticing his watch running considerably slow for the last couple of weeks. First he saw his watch being maybe 20 minutes behind last week and same amount again today after re-setting the time when he first noticed it. Any ideas what could be wrong?

Could probably benefit from a servicing, but I'm pretty sure it's next to impossible to have a proper service done here locally...

Reactions: vcappp

Yankindeez

21/3/19
USA
Me and a friend of mine have had Aqua Terras with the clone movement for around six months now.

Personally I couldn't be happier with it and haven't had any issues but my friend's watch has been little bit more problematic. From the beginning his piece had a somewhat poor power reserve at around 24 hours, as compared to mine that runs for 60 or so hours easy which from my understanding is what the movement should be getting. The power reserve itself is somewhat annoying but not that big of a deal because he wears it every day anyway so even with a 24hr reserve it rarely stops, but it's still a sign of something not working like it's supposed to.

Now a new issue has come. He said he's been noticing his watch running considerably slow for the last couple of weeks. First he saw his watch being maybe 20 minutes behind last week and same amount again today after re-setting the time when he first noticed it. Any ideas what could be wrong?

Could probably benefit from a servicing, but I'm pretty sure it's next to impossible to have a proper service done here locally...

Locally? Yes likely impossible. Your best bet is to go through someone here, even that will be hard to find someone. Maybe start with this thread

https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...view-of-the-vsf-8500-clone-movement-pic-heavy

Reactions: vcappp

museguy

19/10/12
Hi All,

Ordered my Blue 8500 Aqua Terra on a bracelet. Now I need to patiently wait for Chinese New Year to end.

A couple of questions.

1. Has anyone found the Omega Stainless Steel Foldover clasp SKU:9452.18.93 on dhgate ? I have searched with no luck

2. Would like to order a similar to OEM blue alligator strap, what is the best source ?

Thank you !

ZTICn1.png

ZTIPuj.png

Last edited:

museguy

19/10/12
Hi All,

Today I received my blue 8500 Aqua Terra, the watch is beautiful!

I would say the watch dial is a tiny bit purplish, I will see how I feel after a few days.

Cheers!

Reactions: tedit

RiffRalf

Renowned Member
10/7/19
USA
Hi All,

Today I received my blue 8500 Aqua Terra, the watch is beautiful!

I would say the watch dial is a tiny bit purplish, I will see how I feel after a few days.

does not look purplish at all in that light.

Reactions: museguy

museguy

19/10/12
Hi All,

I am loving the blue VSF 8500 Aqua Terra! It is my new favorite watch.

Any other replicas you have bought (excluding submariners) that you like more than the VSF Aqua Terra?

Of course, I am thinking about my next purchase.

Thank you !
ZvukCY.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: tedit and RiffRalf

44degreesnorth

Horology Curious
24/3/21
North East USA
I don't own it but I've been eying the white with blue indices vsf aqua terra a lot. I have an explorer 1 on the way now so if I end up liking that as much as I think I will I prob won't get the terra. I'm also eying the spectre 300, can't remember the manufacturer on that though...maybe also vsf?

Danza1813

Tempus Fugit
Supporter
Certified
28/11/09
UK
Looks really good. Been tempted by this for a while before it goes out of production.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk