• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Omega 8500 super clone is here

Skeldj

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/5/18
Well, I finally recieved mine. after less than 2 weeks (the process lasted 10 days). i just recieved the AT 150 Golf Edition.
I have to say that it is an amazing watch, I friend even offered my 4,500 (US$) at first sight.
but have a little flaws (not only the Movement one) the Buterfly Lock, closure, clasp (I dont know the correct name) its pretty loose. it doesnt feel on wrist but when you touch it it feels pretty loose.
Other thing that I see is that the Hour Markers are not 100% aligned with the Numbers ( 60, 05, 10 etc) its starts to look misaligned on the 30.
here some pictures.
GWorR.jpg" alt="GWorR.jpg" border="0">

https://picr.me/image/GW9Ze
https://picr.me/image/GWsxK
https://picr.me/image/GWPiT
https://picr.me/image/GWfIA

Last edited:
Reactions: csthe

oshtosh

Known Member
2/11/16
I also just received mine and have the same issue with the butterfly clasp. Shame, as this is such an easy thing to get right.
EasWL5.jpg

Thatwatchguy

Supporter
Supporter
Certified
9/7/17
I also just received mine and have the same issue with the butterfly clasp. Shame, as this is such an easy thing to get right.
EasWL5.jpg
This must be an issue with later ones, early release the clasp is perfect:)

w0rn

Supporter
19/7/15
EasWL5.jpg

This might be an longshot but, check so you dont have plastic wrapping from the factory still sitting on the pin that would lock into the clasp mechanism or the mechanism itself.

Reactions: vcappp

oshtosh

Known Member
2/11/16
Thanks for the suggestion, but unfortunately not. Just a poorly made clasp. There is a lot of wiggle in the release buttons.

juliusglc

Horology Curious
15/6/18
Hi guys

i regret to say that after using the seamster vsf 300 seamster spectre edition for about 3 months, the watch has suddenly stoped moving
i had not dropped or tapped on the watch, it just stopped moving on its own

To be honest, it had kept very good timing and there was very minimal delay when measured over a period of a month
Aesthetically, although it had very minimal flaws,It was more or less on par with the original.
You would get used to its design and forget about its flaws after using it for about a month

Unfortunately, the superclone movement was its weakness in my case.I hope it doesn't happen to anyone else
im sending my watch back for repair as i don't think anyone near where i live would be willing to service a super-clone

Reactions: vcappp

shaKi47

Known Member
5/4/16
Hi guys

i regret to say that after using the seamster vsf 300 seamster spectre edition for about 3 months, the watch has suddenly stoped moving
i had not dropped or tapped on the watch, it just stopped moving on its own

To be honest, it had kept very good timing and there was very minimal delay when measured over a period of a month
Aesthetically, although it had very minimal flaws,It was more or less on par with the original.
You would get used to its design and forget about its flaws after using it for about a month

Unfortunately, the superclone movement was its weakness in my case.I hope it doesn't happen to anyone else
im sending my watch back for repair as i don't think anyone near where i live would be willing to service a super-clone

Did you use it every day? I hope you got only a bad one and its not normal... unlucky for you

juliusglc

Horology Curious
15/6/18
Did you use it every day? I hope you got only a bad one and its not normal... unlucky for you

I often use it, but i don't use it everyday

I think that I've only heard of one person suffering from a stuck movement in this forum

My watch is currently stuck even after gentle tapping.
When the watch is wound, it feels like the entire movement is shaking.Maybe the movement is loose or something?

Based on what i can see from the transparent back,i don't see any problems or loose parts,even the rotor is moving well.

Maybe its just my luck, i hope that other buyers can comment about its status after a few months of usage.Maybe we can get a better picture on the reliability of this superclone

Reactions: shaKi47

w0rn

Supporter
19/7/15
no sir,i dont think its the same issue
rotor in my watch feels fine

its just that when i try winding,the whole movement wobles in the case

Had an similar issue with an clone a2824 movement, where I was trying to wind it and it felt like you decribe it, shaking/wobble.
It was the autowind module that was the problem and it released the power from the spring at the same time I was winding it to the rotor, and I could feel what you describe as wobble/shaking because of the rotation of the rotor.
Think that an service of the autowind module might solve your problem.

juliusglc

Horology Curious
15/6/18
Had an similar issue with an clone a2824 movement, where I was trying to wind it and it felt like you decribe it, shaking/wobble.
It was the autowind module that was the problem and it released the power from the spring at the same time I was winding it to the rotor, and I could feel what you describe as wobble/shaking because of the rotation of the rotor.
Think that an service of the autowind module might solve your problem.

Yeah sounds about right

I don't think that its an issue specific to the super clone as it can even happen in genuine mechanical watches.
I hope that it doesn't happen to others

Its just that we sometimes get too caught up with the finer aesthetics that we forget the most important component of the watch, the MOVEMENT

Sure,that this could happen to any mechanical watch, but sending the watch back to the dealer in another country is a pain in the ass

w0rn

Supporter
19/7/15
Yeah sounds about right

I don't think that its an issue specific to the super clone as it can even happen in genuine mechanical watches.
I hope that it doesn't happen to others

Its just that we sometimes get too caught up with the finer aesthetics that we forget the most important component of the watch, the MOVEMENT

Sure,that this could happen to any mechanical watch, but sending the watch back to the dealer in another country is a pain in the ass

Recommend getting it serviced with a local watchsmith or a modder on here, then you know that it's done the right way.
Even though you have to pay for it yourself.

juliusglc

Horology Curious
15/6/18
Recommend getting it serviced with a local watchsmith or a modder on here, then you know that it's done the right way.
Even though you have to pay for it yourself.

Ive tried sending it to a local watchsmith
where i live, they wouldn't dare touch a rep especially if its a super-clone

How do i contact a local modder about servicing? there are many, how do i start?
Sorry if this is a trivial question :)

HAMMER DOWN

12/5/12
It's been several months now, the watches are out there and I'm wondering if you folks are still enjoying them and if are they keeping good time?

Juliusglc have any luck with yours?

god, I want the VSF 42mm PO , but it's the same price as the NOob LMPO with the eta.

​​​​​​Trying to be patient as possible to see how the clone 8500 does, but it's been + 6mo, and I believe juliusglc has the only reported incident (or at least the only one I could find)
​​​​​​

Reactions: alane44 and leo6929

leo6929

I'm Pretty Popular
2/5/16
It's been several months now, the watches are out there and I'm wondering if you folks are still enjoying them and if are they keeping good time?

god, I want the VSF 42mm PO , but it's the same price as the NOob LMPO with the eta.

​​​​​​Trying to be patient as possible to see how the clone 8500 does, but it's been + 6mo, and I believe juliusglc has the only reported incident (or at least the only one I could find)
​​​​​​

I have five of these movements and none of them have had any problems. But I rotate a lot, so maybe they get 5 days a month of use, tops.

krishna05

Horology Curious
27/7/18

​​​​​​

I had mine since Sep , So far no issues, Barring a few weekends and a few hours every morning, I wear the watch all the time.

some observations.
1. I have the NATO strap, its not very good for two reasons; one its a bit hard (i.e not supple enough) and two for me the holes are spaced in a manner where its either too tight or not tight enough.
2. When I don't wear the watch it slows down a bit , for e.g. If I don't wear the watch for a weekend; even though he watch is running its a few seconds slower.
3. In my wearing pattern the watch is between 30-45 secs behind every month.
4. The GMT bezel is not tight enough, as in it moves easily enough that I have had to correct it a few times.