• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Omega 8500 super clone is here

vcappp

I'm Pretty Popular
20/6/18
I now also understand where the scratches on the inside of the lugs are coming from (as shown on the examples presented to me by Intime).

I suspect the watch is produced by VSF with the watch band attached. And as I ordered the watch with the Nato band only, someone in the factory switches the metal band for a Nato, and it the process scratches up the watch.

As the shown scratches are right in the place where on the watch band has the small metal clibs protrude over the lugs (hope its clear what I mean), removing the watchband by a noob will probably lead to these scratch-up lugs.

This means for me to have a unscratched VSF I will have to order one with the metal band and the Nato (+$20) and then later do the switch myself.....

Thanks for posting this pic.

it seems like that . . it makes a sense

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

obrienk

Renowned Member
15/7/07
Any reason why I couldn’t swap the Miyota 8215 movement in my TiPO for one of these?

The Rod

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/17
I now also understand where the scratches on the inside of the lugs are coming from (as shown on the examples presented to me by Intime).

I suspect the watch is produced by VSF with the watch band attached. And as I ordered the watch with the Nato band only, someone in the factory switches the metal band for a Nato, and it the process scratches up the watch.

As the shown scratches are right in the place where on the watch band has the small metal clibs protrude over the lugs (hope its clear what I mean), removing the watchband by a noob will probably lead to these scratched-up lugs.

This means for me to have a unscratched VSF I will have to order one with the metal band and the Nato (+$20) and then later do the switch myself.....

Thanks for posting this pic.

Seems reasonable. I ordered mine with the bracelet (Nato as add-on) and it came in perfect condition, no scratches whatsoever

Reactions: vcappp

obrienk

Renowned Member
15/7/07
kobe24 do you know if VSF have any plans to release the 45mm orange bezel version PO with the 8500 movement?

Oakleyspatz

Horology Curious
26/10/18
Not a 8500 Superclone at all but a well decorated hybrid 2836 movement. No co-axial escapement, no silicon balance wheel, auto works straight off a 2836.
Dont be fooled by the improved decoration.

auskip07

18/9/14
Not a 8500 Superclone at all but a well decorated hybrid 2836 movement. No co-axial escapement, no silicon balance wheel, auto works straight off a 2836.
Dont be fooled by the improved decoration.

what do you make of the reports of a high power reserve?

Rufctr2

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
16/2/16
I asked PT about the updated Spectre. The support team send me this night some recent QC pictures. The long awaited Spectre is finally here :) !

I hope it's not QC from a member of the forum. We can see the bigger inner ring in the bezel and the 007 without TM under the clasp.

T&E

I'm Pretty Popular
16/9/18
I asked PT about the updated Spectre. The support team send me this night some recent QC pictures. The long awaited Spectre is finally here :) !

I hope it's not QC from a member of the forum. We can see the bigger inner ring in the bezel and the 007 without TM under the clasp.

Which is the factory?

Inviato dal mio Redmi 5 Plus utilizzando Tapatalk

Big_Pilot

26/5/17

Did notice a small spot on the 12 o'clock marker (upper right corner).

Reactions: gwatch1234