• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Omega 8500 super clone is here

Therion666

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
26/12/13
^^^this^^^

but i approved the watch and hopefully it will arrive next week (via trans UK shipping)

Then you will get every details you want to know and i can do a comparsion of the GEN / V6F 2.5 / VSF :)

Triangle shipping takes a bit longer, 2 to 3 weeks.

I always thought that 70$, that Trusty charges for triangle shipping, is an insane over the top price (Sead charges 40$ for the same thing ), but since he's the only one that can provide the correct updated version, I'll just swallow my principles and shell out my shekels..

sev217 : Would you mind sharing the qc pic of the clasp?

Last edited:

tannerhaines

Horology Curious
13/7/12
Do they make this new movement in a non-spectre regular 300 model with the "sandwich" dial?

Dr. Mike

Renowned Member
7/9/15
I dont believe in clone movements.

I know this is late to chime in. I've been on break for a while. But you say that you don't believe in clone movements?
How many of us believe that the A2824 or A2836 while cheap are pretty bullet proof? What about the Yuki or SH3135?
These guys are geniuses in my book, they've just got to work the bugs out, that's all.
Look what they're doing with Rolex. They're literally on the same playing field as genuine now. They're not perfect, there not equal by any means. But $600 vs $10,000????
Others here can verify, I have 5 gen Rolexes. I'll NEVER buy another. Super rep and franken only for me.
I'll get off my soap box. Give the A8500 super clone time. If there's bugs, they'll surface and a fix will come up for them.

vcappp

I'm Pretty Popular
20/6/18
Triangle shipping takes a bit longer, 2 to 3 weeks.

I always thought that 70$, that Trusty charges for triangle shipping, is an insane over the top price (Sead charges 40$ for the same thing ), but since he's the only one that can provide the correct updated version, I'll just swallow my principles and shell out my shekels..

sev217 : Would you mind sharing the qc pic of the clasp?

any idea? how can only Trusty provide this correct bezel version?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Swerepguy

12/2/18

All QC picture I've seen with the new 8500 clone shows amplitude around 250. Is this a problem or is it normal?

Edit: is 0.2 beat error OK?

Last edited:

Xman

6/2/11
All QC picture I've seen with the new 8500 clone shows amplitude around 250. Is this a problem or is it normal?

Edit: is 0.2 beat error OK?

0.2 BE is perfectly fine and normal, even rolex will display that in certain positions. As for the amplitude, I have the opposite problem, mine will go as high as 340-350* although i haven't seen any signs of over-banking, but the problem is it will speed up a fair bit that high, and cant be regulated properly. Mine is due to dry main spring barrels. She will run and test beautifully in any position and even after a fair bit of spring run down, still tests well, but will run fast at very high amplitude during long periods of high physical activity because the mainspring resists sliding in the barrel.

Just something to be aware of.

sev217

You're Saying I Can Sell?
18/12/15
My QC pic Shows:

Rate: 0 s/d
Amp.: 239°
B.E.: 0.0 ms
Beatrate: 28800
Lift angle: 52.0°
Period: 12s

Sounds promising, man i cant wait to get it into my Hands :)

Swerepguy

12/2/18
My QC pic Shows:

Rate: 0 s/d
Amp.: 239°
B.E.: 0.0 ms
Beatrate: 28800
Lift angle: 52.0°

Sounds promising, man i cant wait to get it into my Hands :)

Do u think 239 is because it's not winded enough? What I been heard is if a say eta 2428-2 fully winded is only 239 its time for service.

Foxxfire

FoX, the Patron
20/1/17
EU / CH
(...)

Don't forget, that the TDs wait for a good 12s interval to take the picture.

If you want to be sure, ask for a picture showing the whole line, like this:

hamilton-992b-verygood-on-timegrapher_th.jpg

Otherwise you might miss larger irregularities like those:

New-Mechanical-Watch-Timing-Machine-Multifunction-font-b-Timegrapher-b-font-No-font-b-1000-b.jpg

Reactions: stoyania

alexandros2

17/2/16
so now can we pull the trigger on the spectre 300 and definitely put it in a superRep?

Big_Pilot

26/5/17
so now can we pull the trigger on the spectre 300 and definitely put it in a superRep?

SuperRep maybe........but VSF quality is still shit.

I went through 3 watches with Ryan and I am still not happy with the presented examples.

From spots on the hour markers, to spots on the chrome bezel or bezel numbers, markings on the wording on the case back....

Having finally cleared all these QC issues, the final breaking point was small markings on the backside of the lugs that apparenly come from VSF installing the bracelet.

Ryan and the factory confirmed that in this latest iteration all watches have this.

WHAT THE F*&^%!!!!

You get the watch scratched up from the factory, as these darn idiots are not able to assemble the watch scratch free???

Watches tend to collect scratches over time, but I rather make these myself.....not have factory do this for me!!!!

So now I have to accept these scratches, or change my watch order, or get a refund.

Really disappointed as really had set my heart on the Spectre.

:mad::mad::mad:

vcappp

I'm Pretty Popular
20/6/18
SuperRep maybe........but VSF quality is still shit.

I went through 3 watches with Ryan and I am still not happy with the presented examples.

From spots on the hour markers, to spots on the chrome bezel or bezel numbers, markings on the wording on the case back....

Having finally cleared all these QC issues, the final breaking point was small markings on the backside of the lugs that apparenly come from VSF installing the bracelet.

Ryan and the factory confirmed that in this latest iteration all watches have this.

WHAT THE F*&^%!!!!

You get the watch scratched up from the factory, as these darn idiots are not able to assemble the watch scratch free???

Watches tend to collect scratches over time, but I rather make these myself.....not have factory do this for me!!!!

So now I have to accept these scratches, or change my watch order, or get a refund.

Really disappointed as really had set my heart on the Spectre.

:mad::mad::mad:

What is the small marking on the backside of the lug area? Is it possible to describe it more or show picture please?

Rooneey

You're Saying I Can Sell?
22/9/18

Big_Pilot

26/5/17
What is the small marking on the backside of the lug area? Is it possible to describe it more or show picture please?

Have no flickr or imgur account so no pics.

On the back of the watch, on the lugs, there are marketing parallel to the lugs. It looks like pitting. When I showed it to my brother he said, ah, bad casting.
But the funny thing is that these watch cases are CNC-ed, they are not casted. But that's how it looks like.
A small string of pittings/scratches.

Ryan told me the factory told him that they all have this. Apparently by installing the straps/pins they scratch up the back of the lugs.

No one will ever see this when you wear the watch......but come on.

I like the Spectre alot, I think it's amazing they made a rep movement.......but the crappy work habits in the VSF factory is making this a no-go for me.

And the strange thing is that all examples showed to me by Ryan had this issue, while the example onhis site is free of it????

This might have been from an earlier production run.

Last edited: