• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Omega 8500 super clone is here

bpbp

Renowned Member
14/12/13
USA
Is there anyone can compare Specter old version and new version side by side?

amplitude

Known Member
4/12/06
Not wheels, due to the bpm of the movement, the gear train tooth count would be different.

I'm thinking clutch & hour wheel are possible, but not likely. in the tech manual everything looks to be specific to this series

Reactions: mech500

bkieffer

Looking Around
5/8/18
Just got mine a few days ago and was reading through the comments trying to figure out where you people were seeing all these flaws. Turns out there was some kind of V2 update and I got the newest one.

Beginners luck, I guess.

Love this watch, and I can’t wait to get my next rep. So many to choose from.

Rufctr2

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
16/2/16
Just got mine a few days ago and was reading through the comments trying to figure out where you people were seeing all these flaws. Turns out there was some kind of V2 update and I got the newest one.

Beginners luck, I guess.

Love this watch, and I can’t wait to get my next rep. So many to choose from.

Could you post pictures of the watch (head, clasp...) pls ? and see if you can measure the inner stainless ring of the bezel ?
Congrats and welcome in this no-end world :)

Therion666

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
26/12/13
Has anyone else received the updated version? TM or no TM on the clasp? Lollipop good to go?

NickOT

I'm Pretty Popular
1/10/09
I'm so glad I sold my franken spectre with gen movement and gen nato when i did, as the new spectre with the clone 8500 and the new rep nato is so close!
I've been wanting a rep with the clone 8500 movement and the bond aqua terra looked like it was going to be the one, but unfortunately the dial looks like its major flaw.

Maybe I'll just get the spectre rep with with 8500 clone movement and mod the dial again....

Reactions: lyakya

-prick

15/1/17
now.. if the bezel ring is correct, vsf killed it
looking forward to some pics of the new one
plz post comparisons

Hoender

You're Saying I Can Sell?
23/3/15
now.. if the bezel ring is correct, vsf killed it
looking forward to some pics of the new one
plz post comparisons

If VSF has make the bezel ring larger I'll order one immediately. *fingers.crossed*

Therion666

Certified
26/12/13
Has anybody else received the updated version from the latest batch?
​​​​​​
I talked to 2 different TDs, explained the issue very clearly ( TM and chipped off second hand ) , sent photos of what's right and what's wrong and I feel like I'm talking to a wall. Not to mention that the response time is at least 48 hours and even then I get an answer that has very little to do with my question. This is getting frustrating...

I'll just order the damn thing and live with that freckin' TM on my clasp..

The Rod

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/17
Has anybody else received the updated version from the latest batch?
​​​​​​
I talked to 2 different TDs, explained the issue very clearly ( TM and chipped off second hand ) , sent photos of what's right and what's wrong and I feel like I'm talking to a wall. Not to mention that the response time is at least 48 hours and even then I get an answer that has very little to do with my question. This is getting frustrating...

I'll just order the damn thing and live with that freckin' TM on my clasp..

Honestly I think you should try with Trusty as it appears he's the only one who has access to the latest batch. Btw, I got a good lollipop from Ryan, so I guess that's not an issue anymore in general...

Therion666

Certified
26/12/13
Yeah, I talked to him, but they want 70$ for shipping to my country and the watch is more expensive there, so I thought I'd try to find it elsewhere. It's a shame though, because Andrew was a great guy to talk to, he actually understood what I was talking about :)

kryckan13

Renowned Member
25/6/17
Sweden
Yeah, I talked to him, but they want 70$ for shipping to my country and the watch is more expensive there, so I thought I'd try to find it elsewhere. It's a shame though, because Andrew was a great guy to talk to, he actually understood what I was talking about :)

I suggest you try our new TD Mr. TimeZone. Francis will understand exactly what you mean and he is great to deal with. If some other TD can get a specific watch he can get it too. Good luck!

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Reactions: phdsjain

Hoender

23/3/15
I suggest you try our new TD Mr. TimeZone. Francis will understand exactly what you mean and he is great to deal with. If some other TD can get a specific watch he can get it too. Good luck!

To clarify, is this a new batch that addresses the TM and lollipop issues as well as a thicker bezel?

Thanks

Sent from the RWI App

Therion666

Certified
26/12/13

OK, thanks for the suggestion, I wasn't aware of him. I'll shoot him an email and see if we can work something out.

Reactions: kryckan13

The Rod

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/17
To clarify, is this a new batch that addresses the TM and lollipop issues as well as a thicker bezel?

Thanks

Sent from the RWI App

What is known for sure is that currently in the new batch there are no lollipop issues and that some have received the bracelet without TM.

But as no one has measured the inner bezel ring we cannot know for sure if it has been addressed or not.

Reactions: vcappp

Hoender

23/3/15
What is known for sure is that currently in the new batch there are no lollipop issues and that some have received the bracelet without TM.

But as no one has measured the inner bezel ring we cannot know for sure if it has been addressed or not.

Cheers, much appreciated.

Sent from the RWI App

RTL2

12/9/18
OK, thanks for the suggestion, I wasn't aware of him. I'll shoot him an email and see if we can work something out.

Happy to add another recommendation for Francis. I had great service from him, and fast delivery.

KennyH

12/6/17
Hi,
I am new to the rep scene and maybe asking for too much but I’m after a ‘super rep’ chrono Omega 45mm SS bracelet.
I see the new PO looks great but it’s not a chrono.
I have used MR as a TD before and happy so will probably use him again unless anyone has other recommendations?

Sent from my iPhone using RWI