• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Omega 8500 super clone is here

Rufctr2

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
16/2/16
I don't think I've ever used a bezel in my life. But predominantly it's that I'm not a fan of the lollipop.

This bezel allow you to have two time zone without the "risk" to touching the movement (rep or gen movement).
It's a very rare feature (rep or gen) and when you work or travel with two time zone, it's very nice imho.

Reactions: vcappp and phdsjain

Hoender

You're Saying I Can Sell?
23/3/15
This bezel allow you to have two time zone without the "risk" to touching the movement (rep or gen movement).
It's a very rare feature (rep or gen) and when you work or travel with two time zone, it's very nice imho.

Genuinely had never noticed that. I do work w/ multiple time zones so maybe it's worth considering.

Thanks!

Hoender

23/3/15
I should probably clarify that I don't think I've looked particularly closely at the Spectre in 2 years or so since I made the decision to go with the non-Spectre as my first rep...

Reactions: Rufctr2

imranbecks

I'm Pretty Popular
17/11/15
The Neutral Zone
Hmm. I hope shirt cuffs won't rub them off. That would be really disappointing.

Here is the thread from a few years ago with regards to the fading numbers on the bezel. So far this is the only incident of it. None reported since so i'm not sure if the original poster was trolling or not. And it's the reason why I haven't worn mine with long sleeve or cuffs since I came across this thread. >>> https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...ng-wearing-off

I wear mine pretty hard but never on long sleeves just as a precaution. Well except maybe for that one time I wore it under my raincoat while cycling in the rain. I do however wipe it occasionally coz I hate smudges and prints on the bezel and crystal.. My inner ocd.. haha.. And yet the numbers show no sign of fading away after 3 years... Still looks fine.

43752409794_157bbe27ec_b.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: csthe and vcappp

amplitude

Known Member
4/12/06
Hmm. Thanks for finding that thread. I suppose I could see whether I can order a real SPECTRE bezel to see if it fits when I try to get a dial, hands, crown & tube. I've never worn out a standard printed bezel though, hopefully that's just a fluke.

imranbecks

I'm Pretty Popular
17/11/15
The Neutral Zone
Hmm. Thanks for finding that thread. I suppose I could see whether I can order a real SPECTRE bezel to see if it fits when I try to get a dial, hands, crown & tube. I've never worn out a standard printed bezel though, hopefully that's just a fluke.

Maybe. Lets hope. So far so good with mine and others as well.

And ordering a gen Spectre bezel would be close to impossible imo. The watch itself is fetching at higher than retail prices.

phdsjain

I'm Pretty Popular
6/3/14
Regarding the bezel maybe someone could try to measure the one they believe is larger, in mine the steel portion is 1mm wide

Mine is from the first batch and the inner steel ring is 1mm wide, same as yours.

This concludes VSF has only rectified the lollipop hand defect which isn't at all noticeable on the wrist but a good way to call out a rep if one intends to show off on the 'gram or defraud on eBay lol.

Reactions: leo6929

Rufctr2

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
16/2/16
pdKLA.md.jpg

urs looks a lil different from mine
this is the screenshot from my latest qc for vsf seamaster 300 spectre

i dont see a TM on my bracelet.i could be wrong though,will post more pics after i receive the watch

You seams to be one of the only one with the updated clasp without the TM.
When you will receive the watch, could you please mesure the stainless ring in the bezel ?

amplitude

Known Member
4/12/06
Maybe. Lets hope. So far so good with mine and others as well.

And ordering a gen Spectre bezel would be close to impossible imo. The watch itself is fetching at higher than retail prices.

I'm a watchmaker, I order parts from omega all the time. They sell replacement parts for everything, regardless. Not sure the cost though

Reactions: vcappp

sev217

18/12/15
Hi everyone,

i asked andrew from trustytime about the update and at first he was not aware about it, but now i received a mail back that the factory updated it.

so i pulled the trigger and orderd it if it is really the upgraded version. so i have to wait for my qc pics.

if everything is ok and the watch arrives, i could do a gen comparsion again :)

NewFan0803

15/1/16
sev217 yes ! If u could do a comparison against with your gen that would be much appreciated man ! Specifically i just want to see how different the bezel ring and the lumes are now that V6F has updated it

amplitude

Known Member
4/12/06
sev217 yes ! If u could do a comparison against with your gen that would be much appreciated man ! Specifically i just want to see how different the bezel ring and the lumes are now that V6F has updated it

What issue did you have with the lume? The dial looks really good to me, just not quite up to par with Omega in print quality. But really good, at least from the pics.

I'm also interested in a side-by-side with the real watch.

imranbecks

I'm Pretty Popular
17/11/15
The Neutral Zone
I'm a watchmaker, I order parts from omega all the time. They sell replacement parts for everything, regardless. Not sure the cost though

Of course they sell replacement parts for everything. But they are for owners of the watches. You can be a watchmaker or work at an Omega boutique for all I care, but Omega still won't sell the parts to you if you don't have the actual watch. That's how it works. It's next to impossible to get it just like that, especially for a limited edition piece. Unless you know the Omega CEO personally....haha.. I highly doubt you can acquire it.

You can try. And if you manage to get it, you will be the first one here to do so. If it was that simple, others would've already gotten the bezel by now.

Last edited:

amplitude

Known Member
4/12/06
Of course they sell replacement parts for everything. But they are for owners of the watches. You can be a watchmaker or work at an Omega boutique for all I care, but Omega still won't sell the parts to you if you don't have the actual watch. That's how it works. It's next to impossible to get it just like that, especially for a limited edition piece. Unless you know the Omega CEO personally....haha.. I highly doubt you can acquire it.

You can try. And if you manage to get it, you will be the first one here to do so. If it was that simple, others would've already gotten the bezel by now.

I don't think you understand how parts are ordered. Or how it's done. Or how watchmaking as a profession works.
SWATCH Group doesn't send someone to verify that you have the actual watch. You just order parts. Omega isnt concerned with a few half-retarded folks like myself putting genuine parts on fake watches, they are concerned with controlling their brand and support network. I could build a whole one out of parts if I wanted, but it would cost twice the retail price & still be an undesirable franken. There were 7000 of these made. It's not a one-off made for the Queen of Denmark.

"Nobody" has gotten a hold of one yet because nobody has been stupid enough to spend the money to do it yet. Rolex controls their parts with an iron grip in comparison to Omega, and yet I order genuine Rolex parts at my leisure as I have for many years. Because you suddenly can't click a link on Jules Borel and get a bezel doesn't mean that people in the industry are similarly stymied.

I'm not going to turn this thread into an idiotic argument about whether I as a watchmaker who orders Omega parts often will get busted by the Omega secret police when they fire up the AUTHENTICATION ENGINE that they have maintained in secret to spring on watchmakers who try to order parts when they don't have the actual watch.

So, If I decide I dumb enough to spend the money to do it, I'll show it off here. Until then, back to the fake watch at hand.

NewFan0803

15/1/16
If u have seen the original V6f vs gen that sev217 posted you would notice the difference. Having seen that post i am convinced the differences are there - defo not jumping in your face level of differences but they are there. The edges of the lume cutout i think is the main issue: they are more rounded on gen. Also the bezel ring is clearly much bigger

i think problem might be because v6f didnt have a real spectre gen to work it in the first place ?

Reactions: vcappp