• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Omega 8500 super clone is here

bpbp

Renowned Member
14/12/13
USA
I hope they can make no limited edition one, not really fan of lollipop hand. Also do any one know do the factory fix the print words on the movement?

nine

Known Member
17/9/13
can you inform the factory? ring on bezel is smaller compared to gen - it's the biggist flaw. next main flaws are - bracelet links shape are absolutely off, on clasp under the gun is tm, dial look like without scructure and grey - gen is darker...we need high quality bracelet
19207a4d17aadecca38d3eabe663db2b.png

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

watch hand on then review will more accurate.

It looks like you have Gen or vsf or mk hand on, we are looking for real watch compared together.

now I have vsf and mks two watch hand on, waiting the Gen.
If you have Gen watch hand on, pls kindly let me know.

Now the stability of the movement is most important

LaPavel

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
7/8/17
EU
watch hand on then review will more accurate.

It looks like you have Gen or vsf or mk hand on, we are looking for real watch compared together.

now I have vsf and mks two watch hand on, waiting the Gen.
If you have Gen watch hand on, pls kindly let me know.

Now the stability of the movement is most important
I understand that the stability of movement is now the most important. unfortunately, I do not have a gen. my photos in which I compare different factories are from td or from youku, chronoshop24 etc. do I understand correctly that vsf does not own a gen? in my eyes mkf has a gen. could you upload photos with vsf and mkf next to each other. Thanks

Spectre007

You're Saying I Can Sell?
5/7/17
The dial s still missing the grainy texture per the gen
also lumes look exactly like v2.5, the edges are not as rounded as gen and lumes look half filled in

i ll wait for reviews round before pulling the trigger on this one lol

I'm really tempted but going to hold back.

The grainy texture is important. Makes a lot of difference when the watch is on your wrist and especially in the light.

alpaca9

30/5/18
With regards to the grain dial texture issue, I own the previous model by V6F and it does have a mild grain texture to it. Not as much as gen but I would say about 60%. For whatever reason, I’ve never been able to capture it in photos so I’m going to hazard a guess that this model may also have it (since it looks like VSF reused most of the design) and it not be clear in the super harsh light photos of the TDs

Reactions: leo6929

christo14

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
19/2/16
I hope they can make no limited edition one, not really fan of lollipop hand. Also do any one know do the factory fix the print words on the movement?

The lollipop hand doesn't really sit well with the aesthetics of the watch. The deisgn is all sharp ines, the hour markers on the dial are sharp, the hour and minute hand are sharp, then the second hand has a round dot... Not appealing at all

Reactions: bpbp

Gij100

25/6/15
With regards to the grain dial texture issue, I own the previous model by V6F and it does have a mild grain texture to it. Not as much as gen but I would say about 60%. For whatever reason, I’ve never been able to capture it in photos so I’m going to hazard a guess that this model may also have it (since it looks like VSF reused most of the design) and it not be clear in the super harsh light photos of the TDs

Images from TSWatch (non td) show a bit of grain on the dial

fb4ce43384.jpg

bpbp

Renowned Member
14/12/13
USA
The lollipop hand doesn't really sit well with the aesthetics of the watch. The deisgn is all sharp ines, the hour markers on the dial are sharp, the hour and minute hand are sharp, then the second hand has a round dot... Not appealing at all

Yep.. that's why I don't like it.

Reactions: christo14

cheld

Renowned Member
Supporter
7/3/18
Images from TSWatch (non td) show a bit of grain on the dial

fb4ce43384.jpg

That's a good bit more grain than my V6F 2.5, but I'm pretty sure the gen doesn't have pronounced grain on the numbers like that "6" shows.

akira448

25/3/13
Looking at the Gen photos, the painted numbers have a thicker layer of paint, gives it more pop/height and essentially hides the texture underneath.

jttou

I'm Pretty Popular
9/11/14
Yeah guys, but we are not paying 300 bucks for a gen, but a replica. So if it is a little off here and there deal with it. Cant expect the gen for 300 bucks, do you? All these flaws are also only "visible" to us. Noone cares, noone knows.

Reactions: legend and mech500

AP786

Known Member
Certified
1/9/13
Agreed , For 300 bucks it is stunning Rep . Flaws will be there . Just buy it , enjoy it have some fill and sell it till the next version pops up with more improvement . That is why i love this hobby . :):):)

cheld

Renowned Member
Supporter
7/3/18
Yeah guys, but we are not paying 300 bucks for a gen, but a replica. So if it is a little off here and there deal with it. Cant expect the gen for 300 bucks, do you? All these flaws are also only "visible" to us. Noone cares, noone knows.

I can only speak for myself, but the "nitpicks" I point out are as much to provide feedback to the factories as they are to point out flaws to potential buyers. Look at Noob - they're V9 of the 6-digit Sub, so obviously they've taken feedback and made tweaks. V6F fixed the bezel 5 and the lug width on their Spectre 300 (but not the brushed crown or the bezel ring width). It's up to the buyer whether they are cool with the "bugs" or whether they want to take a chance on an improvement down the road.

leo6929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
2/5/16
I appreciate all the feedback of the "nitpickers" so to speak, very informative, but I cannot believe that some people will not get it for some flaw that would only be visible with a super-duper-macro-shot, i.e. the not-so-raised number printing in the dial. Me, I just ordered it, received QC and waiting for arrival. Will let you know my thoughts.

fabbe79

I'm Pretty Popular
18/10/15
Waiting for the non spectre version.. Looks very promising!

Sic4531

20/5/18
Ordered a spectre and accepted QC. I'm looking forward to getting it. I'll compare the new nato material with my gen speedmaster nato.

Reactions: Mr.Paneristi