• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Omega Seamaster, Aqua Terra - Annual Calendar

zachsdad82

Supporter
Certified
20/2/14
Hi Guys,

I joined the forum a couple of weeks back, and so far have found it to be a great place to while away the hours and try to learn from the experience and expertise of other members.

I said on my introduction post that I had a few reps, of varying quality. So I thought that I would take this opportunity to share one of them with you.

Disclaimer - The title of this post is Seamaster, Aqua Terra - Annual Calendar, but I feel a bit of a fraud to call this example that.

Set up - This was my very first rep. Long before I had any idea about forums and the like. I was on holiday in Bali, feeling relaxed and feeling good having just had a big lunch of satay, washed down with some bintang. I finished lunch and went for a walk towards the beach, when I stumbled across a watch shop called "Bali Bagus" watches. I have just googled them and seen that they are still open.

The shop window display had some shiny models, and a pretty little shop assistant with a big warm smile on her face and a glint in her eye to welcome me in. "Buy the seller, not the watch" they say! NONSENSE!! .... Anyway, no doubt I must have had a huge target on my head as I was very green, a bit drunk and had very little idea of the world of watches, and even less on the world of reps.

I had a look around, and the watches were all so shiny, and came with snazzy boxes! Omega, Rolex, Tag were all names I had heard of, and all featured prominently...I couldn't believe the bargain prices! Of course, I knew from the prices that they were all knock offs, but a bit of charm from the assistant and the promise of her tel number had me parting cash (c.£80) with their "top of the line, AAA+, 1:1" quality "Omega Seamaster". The smiley shop assistant told me that nobody I meet will be able to tell the difference between this rep and the original!

Here it is for the rep geekers.....Just behold the glory....a crooked logo, butchered date window, misaligned date wheel, and embarrassingly something i missed when purchasing it, a working day date function....which in hindsight is a bit of a worry given that it SHOULD be an annual calendar! These are just some of the oh so many flaws.

That was 6 or 7 years ago.....but, for some reason, I still have it, I still wear it and despite never being serviced, it still works!

There is not much that anybody on here is likely to learn from my stupidity....at a push, I can offer that if on holiday to Bali, then avoid Bali bagus like the plague.

...1 more thing. That shop assistant was a stand up gal. We went for ice cream 2 days later, dinner the next, and you know the rest. But then she told me that she already had a BF so it all ended in tears. How charming! ... but whilst she was shoddy at keeping faithful to her BF, she did keep her promise to me. She told me that nobody I meet will ever be able to tell the difference between this and the gen, and to this day, some how, nobody has! Maybe that is why that despite being an absolutely horrendous rep, a watch so bad I am not sure it can really be called a rep, I still love it!

ZD82

Reactions: APjumbo and TimosL

zachsdad82

Supporter
Certified
20/2/14
Here are the pics.....
d5c00fd3e8050822d2c62b7682df056d.jpg
95b6b8415d2856074f45b47e8358f26b.jpg
ad8cdd7386d4103ffa67d112aba604b3.jpg
573f3a628375e0aa09e7e2cadbb00952.jpg
e4e17d4444da7c20d7f55d3c3ca12bae.jpg