• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

MKF or OMF?

Razorpiss

You're Saying I Can Sell?
29/9/17
I received QC pics after I was initially informed the factory was out of stock. Makes me wonder if this is in fact the MKF seamaster 300 and not the OMF. I have spent countless hours researching on the forum and so many recommend the MKF as the superior rep, and the OMF as a terrible rep of the SMP.

Either way, this looks like a superb sample. Help much appreciated to know if there are any tells on whether it’s MK or OM.

4yfO5gj

VSHHEYo

PvruQjJ

4AHQdWY

OHkBGOK

k4jun

Ω Section Moderator
Section Moderator
Certified
25/4/15
It's MKF.

k4jun

Ω Section Moderator
Section Moderator
Certified
25/4/15
Thanks! Curious what are the tells you can see that it's MKF?

No stamp on the SELs, nice deep engraving on the clasp, Dial, crown and the bezel pearl are MKF too.
The biggest tell is about crownguards. OMF cgs are far too massive and shaped in a wrong way, yours are nice slim, the best rep cgs.

Could be just a photo angle, but do the cgs looks even? It would be unlikely for mkf but I would probably ask another photo to be sure that left cg is not wider than right cg.

PvruQjJ.jpg

Reactions: phdsjain

Razorpiss

29/9/17
No stamp on the SELs, nice deep engraving on the clasp, Dial, crown and the bezel pearl are MKF too.
The biggest tell is about crownguards. OMF cgs are far too massive and shaped in a wrong way, yours are nice slim, the best rep cgs.

Could be just a photo angle, but do the cgs looks even? It would be unlikely for mkf but I would probably ask another photo to be sure that left cg is not wider than right cg.

Thanks for your detailed explanation, I truly appreciate it! This is what makes this forum so great :)

Here are some more pics that I received form QC, particularly the lume that is so perfect to the gen. Now comes the long wait to finally put it on my wrist...

PXzDa7M.jpg

Y82qxmD.jpg

FYaQ40i.jpg

phoibos12

27/3/18
i am new in replica game..but sometimes i am thinking its better for this money 370$ its better to buy MK factory seamaster or one genuine Seiko sumo?i like very style of seamaster its my dream watch but i dont want to spent money and then maybe i have problem with crown issue or something else but i know all these are in replica game...i need your opinions.

phoibos12

27/3/18
look on the dial...i see 2 times write swiss made or its from crystal ?

LKHBz

1/4/18
Only super rep from Omega is the Noob LMPO V4. If you want to play it safe, get the Seiko Sumo. I have had numerous Seiko watches and they have been bulletproof.

phoibos12

27/3/18
thanks you for your answer...i know issues is on replica game..but when you spend 370$ you need little safe..

Reactions: LKHBz

RepWatchNoob

Known Member
3/5/18
EU
Edward mailed me and thinks that the OMF is the better one. But I will trust the forum :) .

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
i am new in replica game..but sometimes i am thinking its better for this money 370$ its better to buy MK factory seamaster or one genuine Seiko sumo?i like very style of seamaster its my dream watch but i dont want to spent money and then maybe i have problem with crown issue or something else but i know all these are in replica game...i need your opinions.

I'll comment on this:
Honestly if you only have $370 to spend on one watch just buy a Seiko Sumo, Turtle, Samurai or what ever Seiko Dive watch you like best. I've owned just about all the Seiko Divers with the exception of the Marine Master & they are all really great. Seiko delivers an excellent product at just about every price point and I would highly recommend any of the Seiko Divers.

With that said, a Seiko diver is a Seiko diver. Like it or hate it, Seiko does not have the same name recognition or prestige as Rolex and Omega.

There is nothing wrong with the smpc as an everyday wear watch, but would you really wear a 3k watch out on the lake in the summer or doing yard work? Some guys would & others would not. That is really the question you have to ask yourself. For me the answer is that I have more than 1 watch. In the summer when I am at the lake or working or doing anything that I don't want my nicer watches getting damaged I just wear a Seiko. Most of the time it is a turtle for me. The rest of the time I enjoy wearing my reps like the smpc, 16610 etc.

Hope that helps...