• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Snoopy Speedy from JF

thrillofhunt

Respected Member
Gold Patron
Certified
8/2/11
Came across this, seems to be a new release. Any experts on speedy to comment on how accurate is it? Always wanted a Speedy, and this snoopy one tops the cake.
edbc8bc540e91b99ea8ad0a52592f642.jpg

Sent from the RWI mobile app

nuvolablue01

I'm Pretty Popular
30/5/15
Looks like it suffers from the same subdial spacing issues as most of the other rep speedies....... That's as far as my expertise goes I'm afraid.

Sent from my X6pro using Tapatalk

ShiroTenshi

Mythical Poster
7/12/11
Sub dial spacing and @6 are issues that cnanot be changed without a new movmenet, and that is fine.
Pic of caseback?

pcardoza

Renowned Member
1/12/14
Got mine from Toro last week. Yes, same sub-dial spacing issues as all speedy reps. Doesn't bother me one bit. I love the watch!!!

Reactions: tecbarrera

preppyr6

I'm Pretty Popular
29/10/15
Looks like they havent changed the caseback though...still missing the silver speck/stars. The quartz had a halfway-decent/ok job. I wonder if they'll release an update wither proper caseback

Kylie007

5/4/14
+1 to the subdial spacing mentions. I will never get a speedy rep for this reason. Best speedmaster is a gen.

pdw1

I'm Pretty Popular
26/7/16
Conus (Tennessee)
Sorry, but it is an easy tell. It may look like its simply drawn...but gen is narrower and longer than rep. Once you recognize it, its almost as easy a tell as the subdial spacing.

I have to disagree. I love speed masters and while I can see the spacing issue most reps have from orbit,
I really do believe this will be most difficult for many people. Partially because of the fact that they are so rare, most have never seen an actual omega snoopy in real life or even in pictures. Add to that that people that are in the know about replica Speedmasters are looking for the spacing issues, and the point is really mute. I doubt they will even look at the tail. Just my two cents though

I'm not saying that the snoopy tail is correct.
It isn't.
What I'm saying is that there are too few of them around and the spacing issue is better know so I feel like people will be looking at the spacing and not the tail and even if they do look at the tail, very few people will know it's not correct without a gen snoopy right next to it.

Sent from the RWI mobile app

OhmegaMan

Getting To Know The Place
3/11/16
I believe there is 2 version of the tail. One is thinner as shown on omega site, and the other is ticker tail as shown on many watch review sites. Both are correct. I wouldnt think sites like Fratello is posting the snoopy watch review with rep photos. Check out their review w photos:

http://www.fratellowatches.com/speedy-tuesday-hands-on-omega-speedmaster-apollo-13-silver-snoopy-award-review/