• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Omega Speedmaster 2013 Special Edition

English Gent

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
10/7/14
liked this watch but have to say the build quality was a bit sub-par, even for a rep, bottom pusher fell off straight away which I know someone else on here had the same problem, and steel is very light. sold mine, but would love to see another version made

Nivka

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/4/15
Australia
liked this watch but have to say the build quality was a bit sub-par, even for a rep, bottom pusher fell off straight away which I know someone else on here had the same problem, and steel is very light. sold mine, but would love to see another version made

Mine had the same problem with the pusher. Lovely pictures you've got there though!

DocHolliday

Huckleberry Sales Mod
Advisor
11/2/15
Correct. I'd recommend the bracelet over the leather because the lug width is 19. I've fit 20mm straps on without too much effort though

Yup, if it's a softer 20mm leather strap, or a nato, it goes on just fine.

thumbsarehandy

I'm Pretty Popular
26/4/17
Yup, if it's a softer 20mm leather strap, or a nato, it goes on just fine.

Thank you @DocHolliday for the confirmation!

Well, I've been thoroughly bitten by the moon bug. Never understood what the hoopla is all about :) till now.

Since @Nivka excellent review (which I read before but only now partially comprehend), I decided to postpone ordering the Pam 676.

Personally, I like the look of the hands, lug shape and crown guards of the 3572 better than those of the 2998.
However, what spoils the 3572 for me is its rehaut that comes on the currently available reps.

It makes the watch look less a moonwatch and more like a race car watch IMHO (imitating the shape of a car wheel rather then the curve of the moon)
View attachment 87049 View attachment 87050
It is so noticeable to me that I imagine even a change if crystal wouldn't help.

However, on the 2998 the rehaut appears much better.
View attachment 87051
View attachment 87052
The dial seems to sit so much closer to the crystal here. Is that the effect of the gen crystal or is the rehaut indeed thinner on the 2998?
(@Nivka mentioned: "... the gen crystal has a black ring at its base, so the rehaut looks smaller and more gen-like.")

@Nivka and @DocHolliday could I please ask you to be so kind and confirm the height of the rehaut?

Nivka

10/4/15
Australia
The 2998 rehaut was smaller, even before the gen crystal went on. There was more discussion on the 3572 rehaut in the big moonwatch thread. Some people were painting the rehaut black to get around the problem.

I can't remember the other details sorry. It's a very long thread!

thumbsarehandy

I'm Pretty Popular
26/4/17
The 2998 rehaut was smaller, even before the gen crystal went on. There was more discussion on the 3572 rehaut in the big moonwatch thread. Some people were painting the rehaut black to get around the problem.

I can't remember the other details sorry. It's a very long thread!

Thank you @Nivka that helped a lot!

It sounds to me that the 2998 is already quite acceptable ooftb and the gen bezel is just an icing on the top? Would you concur?

Did you ever get a transparent case back?

Nivka

10/4/15
Australia
Thank you @Nivka that helped a lot!

It sounds to me that the 2998 is already quite acceptable ooftb and the gen bezel is just an icing on the top? Would you concur?

Did you ever get a transparent case back?

Yep, you're spot on. Although I think you mean crystal instead of bezel?

Never found a transparent case book but I didn't really look. When I go gen I think I'll get the 3572.50 with hesalite crystal and sapphire display back

thumbsarehandy

I'm Pretty Popular
26/4/17
Yep, you're spot on. Although I think you mean crystal instead of bezel?

Never found a transparent case book but I didn't really look. When I go gen I think I'll get the 3572.50 with hesalite crystal and sapphire display back

Thank you @Nivka (and yes I meant crystal :))

Is it reasonable to assume all TD's can get the 2998 or is Toro the only one?

Agree the 3572.50 is the one.

Nivka

10/4/15
Australia
Thank you @Nivka (and yes I meant crystal :))

Is it reasonable to assume all TD's can get the 2998 or is Toro the only one?

Agree the 3572.50 is the one.

I think most of not all could get it. I'd go with a td who packages the watch really securely for shipping given the common issue of the chrono pusher coming loose. Toro only bags his watches for shipping, so that might leave it vulnerable. MR and Sead both package securely with a box so I'd try them

thumbsarehandy

I'm Pretty Popular
26/4/17
I think most of not all could get it. I'd go with a td who packages the watch really securely for shipping given the common issue of the chrono pusher coming loose. Toro only bags his watches for shipping, so that might leave it vulnerable. MR and Sead both package securely with a box so I'd try them

Excellent advice Thank you Nivka! Appreciated it so much

I'd like to stay loyal with MR first, then Sead would be my 2nd choice (given his past reviews and his showing in the onion thread)

masshole

Looking Around
26/12/18
I was told by Toro Bravo that this was discontinued? Anyone know of any other TDs to try?

d4v3

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
20/3/13
I was told by Toro Bravo that this was discontinued? Anyone know of any other TDs to try?

All of them can get it if its available, ask them all and keep and eye on m2m sales section.

ward1991

Luminor-Based
Patron
Certified
24/7/13
I have a carcass of one, FOIS.

The movement died. You would need a new one or have someone fix this one.

If youre interested PM.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

correllian G

Known Member
31/1/19
Beautiful reviews! picking mine up today and hoping to insert the gen crystal even though its gone up in price quite alot...
hopefully make it a bit more vintage like OP!

SRBJKU

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/9/19
Beautiful reviews! picking mine up today and hoping to insert the gen crystal even though its gone up in price quite alot...
hopefully make it a bit more vintage like OP!

Where are you getting it? Do you have a link? I had thought this model was discontinued....

correllian G

Known Member
31/1/19
Where are you getting it? Do you have a link? I had thought this model was discontinued....
Well... I tried Chazing time.. they said they contacted the factory and they could send me one but then after a month they said they couldn't do it...
Then Hontwatch said he could sell me one then got to QC stage and he said that he couldn't get one either ????

Been trying effortlessly to no avail please let me know of any you hear of!!

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk