• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Seamaster 300 Spectre ''SPC300''

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
Is anyone else having some trouble with the adjustable Rolex type “glide lock” mechanism on the clasp? Mine keeps slipping out to full extension

It happens frequently with people who can't respect basic rules.

You for instance have 3 accounts on RWI, when only 1 account is permitted.

Reactions: Barnyb

Burt Macklin

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
4/4/20
London
It happens frequently with people who can't respect basic rules.

You for instance have 3 accounts on RWI, when only 1 account is permitted.

watch clasps not working?

I opened a ticket months ago because I wanted to delete my account and start again at a later date.

The admin who responded told me to just stop using it and if I wanted a new one to use a new email address

Which I have now done.....

Are you able to delete me from the matrix?

Last edited:

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
The admin who responded told me to just stop using it and if I wanted a new one to use a new email address

No RWI Admin would have told you that.

You can change the email associated with your RWI account, but you can't just stop using an account and open another account whenever you feel like it.

Burt Macklin

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
4/4/20
London
No RWI Admin would have told you that.

You can change the email associated with your RWI account, but you can't just stop using an account and open another account whenever you feel like it.

Unfortunately I cannot screenshot the message as the help desk is down for Christmas.....

But what would I have to gain from lying?
Do you have any helpful advice to give on deleting accounts?

lafredure

You're Saying I Can Sell?
27/10/20
That's radical lafredure Did you first try brush cleaning dirt from the toothed rail and tightening the screws on the edge of the clasp?

Yes i know, i tried your option but the problem from the lock mecanism that doesn't work (may be broken) and the true problem it's me, i'm not very patient (but i treat myself :))
but despite that the strap is beautiful.

Litheo

23/4/19
Inviato dal mio SM-T720 utilizzando Tapatalk

Last edited:

topt78

Horology Curious
31/12/20
anyone knows if MKF corrected the "juvet" thing ? You guys think the VKF v2 is worth 100USD more ?
Thank you

Commander Straker

17/1/17
UK
Same problem here. Is there a spring inside the mechanism?

Inviato dal mio SM-T720 utilizzando Tapatalk

There's no spring in the Seamaster. It's not like the Tudor Pelagos, unfortunaly. Just a shaped bar I believe, that catches on a series of parallel grooves.

trez2nice

Horology Curious
30/5/14
Hi there!
just received my VSF V2 version from Andrew today and experienced exactly the same issue with the clasp that keeps sliding when I wear the watch. I think I have juste managed to fix the problem by unscrewing the 2 screws on the edge to open the mechanism and have access to the tiny shaped bar mentioned above. After that I just tried to bend this brain order to accentuate the resistance on the « PUSH » button. It seems to work so far...

I don’t know If I Ve been clear but English is not my mother tongue ;)

Commander Straker

17/1/17
UK
Thanks In my experience, brushing the rails with an old toothbrush and tightening the two screws on the side of the clasp is sufficient. But if it happens again, I'll try your fix also. ????

el34han

26/7/10
Received my VSF Seamaster 300 Spectre 007 couple days ago. Such a beautiful piece of art work. All details were addressed perfectly. The ceramic bezel and liquid metal digits are so luscious. The brushing work on the bracelet is dream come true. It is keeping COSC time, +2 seconds per day. The finishing quality and attention to details is way better than some of my $3000 Gen watches. This is also true to the Rolex Hulk I bought with the Spectre. Don't know how VSF could do it for under $400. Yes, it is not 100% like Gen but who cares with this kind of quality. The movement is kind of rough under loupe which is expected. If the movement ever go south, I'll buy a replacement VSF 8400 from TD and swap it myself. No big deal. I love high quality Rep watches.
BTW, I also have a VSF Seamaster 300 ceramic case with a "make-believe" 8806 movement. Which is a different story. Winding is rough, not like the VSF 100% clone 8400 which winds as smooth as butter. I will only buy watches with VSF 100% clone movement from now on.

Reactions: Shylock Eins

Shylock Eins

Put Some Respect On My Name
3/2/16
5c8770a14209e8bb4d8540c13a70d080.jpg

Reactions: Barnyb

Phoebus22

Horology Curious
28/4/14
Hey Guys, been away for quite some time so first of all I hope that every thing is alright with you and you and your loved ones didn't get affected too much by the pandemic. I've been burning trough the 200 pages of this thread (yes, my eyes are bleeding) and it feels so good to be back ! As a man always on time a loved the seamaster spectre when it came up so I've decided to buy it now. I've ordered my VSF V2 from puretime and I'm waiting for my QC pictures so I wanted to ask you proud owners and experts if there was something in particular to check for. I precise that it's not my first rodeo I've already bough watch from this site. I have also been wondering about that "jumping hours" feature and I don't really understand. From what I've seen on gen videos is the ability to set the hours without changing the minutes but people seemed to be complaining that the hour hand didn't go from hours to hours. On the videos I've seen it just allows the hour hours to move freely, can someone clarify that ?

Last edited:

snoutwatch

1/8/14
I have owned the rep and the gen of this model. The two are frighteningly similar. I had to check the serial number to distinguish them. The bezel insert on the replica is difficult to read at extreme angles; this is the only real difference aside from the movement under a magnifier.

Last edited:
Reactions: leo6929