• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Seamaster 300 Spectre ''SPC300''

dukey1337

Horology Curious
MULTI ACCOUNT
15/6/20
sGurS.jpg

Still going strong after 3 years!

How is that model/rep called?

I have the MKF spectre since a few weeks now. It's awesome and I love it (except for the silly decoration on the movement as posted in the mkf-thread) but I would much prefer the standard Seamaster 300.

Last edited:
Reactions: watchlover128

BOSSK

Renowned Member
22/3/17
Oz
V6F V2 - not sure it’s still available.
Only gripe is the ‘Seamaster’ text has faded quite a bit.

Reactions: dukey1337

Commander Straker

17/1/17
UK
No, mine was polished

My VSF V2 is on its way. I would prefer it to have brushed hardware, but I guess it's more useful now on other watches.

Is the MKF strap any good and can it be bought separately from TDs? Has anybody found a good alternative source of bond Natos with engraved brushed hardware (other than £400 original)?

Nithux88

Horology Curious
16/11/18
Absolutely love the watch but I do have an issue with it
the loose cap you see normally belongs on top of the centre screw to hide it I guess. It arrived like this unfortunately

Mrpong

15/9/19
Absolutely love the watch but I do have an issue with it
vJtzW.jpg
vJBOS.jpg

the loose cap you see normally belongs on top of the centre screw to hide it I guess. It arrived like this unfortunately

Maybe it was glued poorly. Luckily it can be fixed easily I think. Just open the case and glue it back?

Last edited:

Nithux88

Horology Curious
16/11/18
Maybe it was glued poorly. Luckily it can be fixed easily I think. Just open the case and glue it back?

Toolkit just arrived and I opened the watch. I could glue it again but I honestly expect it to fall off again so I just left the screw cover our. Nobody would notice unless he knew. If you look super close, you see some glue residue

franz.oberhauser

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
4/7/20
This is one of the best watches that ever existed imho. Thanks for all this information on it.

Zibigniye

Looking Around
7/6/20
I bought VSF version from my trusted dealer. I can say that quality of watch is absolutely perfect. NATO strap is really good (like seatbelt) if there is anyone who has suspicion about it before like me, don't worry. Also I feel very comfortable when I wear it.

Only issue that I have about the watch is impact of lume light not continue so long. Home lighting isn't charging it unless hold it too close to chandalier; but sun light charges it well.

And lastly my watch has "007" engraving
on strap clasp.

Here is a few photos of mine:

MambaMentality60

8/24
Patron
Certified
30/5/20
Australia
I bought VSF version from my trusted dealer. I can say that quality of watch is absolutely perfect. NATO strap is really good (like seatbelt) if there is anyone who has suspicion about it before like me, don't worry. Also I feel very comfortable when I wear it.

Only issue that I have about the watch is impact of lume light not continue so long. Home lighting isn't charging it unless hold it too close to chandalier; but sun light charges it well.

And lastly my watch has "007" engraving
on strap clasp.
Looks damn nice on your wrist. Wear it in good health.

Reactions: Zibigniye

BOSSK

Renowned Member
22/3/17
Oz
Hi all, new member here and i'm looking to purchase an spc300 rep, which is the current best version available, the noob?

VSF V2... Feel free to use the search bar, it’s a great resource for finding info that has been covered a lot already.

happyharrysco1

Known Member
19/7/20
Scotland - UK
Thanks, i'm about half way through the thread, but due to the age a lot of the links to pertinant info are dead, and as this rep has been out a while with no further update to the op i thought i'd ask if a better version existed, due to the phenomena of 1:1 reps now available

BOSSK

Renowned Member
22/3/17
Oz
Thanks, i'm about half way through the thread, but due to the age a lot of the links to pertinant info are dead, and as this rep has been out a while with no further update to the op i thought i'd ask if a better version existed, due to the phenomena of 1:1 reps now available

All good mate! I’ve actually just ordered one of these myself... if you’re a Bond watch fan I can also recommend the VSF V2/V3 NTTD on NATO Strap.

happyharrysco1

Known Member
19/7/20
Scotland - UK
again thanks for the info bud, much appreciated, and i hate looking like that newbie who looks like he hasn't searched/read but as i said most of the pertinent links are dead and in a 139 page thread asking can sometimes be a big time saver, should have probably prefaced my earlier post with this though lol

nice, may i ask who your favoured TD is? as looking at the TD forum seems that most all have bad and good threads (as to be expected, the old adage can can't please everyone all of the time comes to mind)

and that no time to die is a nice looking model, now i've seen it i'm back in the humming and haying on what 007 rep to pull the trigger on, spectre, 50th anniversary and now the nttd :/

and the reason i actually started looking at a rep was i hadn;t realised how good they had become, but seeing this video on the watchfinder youtube just blew my mind! and then the hunt for a suitable forum to peruse began and i ended up here :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8izNCg4-mgc

BOSSK

Renowned Member
22/3/17
Oz
again thanks for the info bud, much appreciated, and i hate looking like that newbie who looks like he hasn't searched/read but as i said most of the pertinent links are dead and in a 139 page thread asking can sometimes be a big time saver, should have probably prefaced my earlier post with this though lol

nice, may i ask who your favoured TD is? as looking at the TD forum seems that most all have bad and good threads (as to be expected, the old adage can can't please everyone all of the time comes to mind)

and that no time to die is a nice looking model, now i've seen it i'm back in the humming and haying on what 007 rep to pull the trigger on, spectre, 50th anniversary and now the nttd :/

and the reason i actually started looking at a rep was i hadn;t realised how good they had become, but seeing this video on the watchfinder youtube just blew my mind! and then the hunt for a suitable forum to peruse began and i ended up here :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8izNCg4-mgc

Yeah, I get it can be hard finding up to date info/links on older watches here. The quality of reps these days make it hard to justify the Gen pricing, that’s for sure.

As for TD’s they’re all Trusted Dealers here for a reason. Most complaints are from newbies who expect amazon shopping experiences. This is a black market trade and things work a little differently. Best advice is be patient, and understand the risks TD’s are taking on your behalf. So treat them nicely and understand there is no such thing as a perfect rep.Personally I’ve had positive experiences with Lucy (truetime). She is very thorough but won’t break any speed records but will always deliver a great watch IMO.

Anyways, enjoy your time here. Respect the experience of many members here and you’ll be amazed how much you learn.

Reactions: happyharrysco1