• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Seamaster 300 Spectre ''SPC300''

Phil994

You're Saying I Can Sell?
2/3/16
Gutted.. I just bought the spectre and is still in transit to me. Now a V2 has been released.. Just my luck haha

Mr.JC

Renowned Member
11/9/16
Gutted.. I just bought the spectre and is still in transit to me. Now a V2 has been released.. Just my luck haha

That is unlucky. But it may not be that much of a huge aesthetic difference, so I say enjoy it and wear it proudly.

In any case with time, perhaps in year or less, v3 will come out, which will significantly improve upon the bezel. At that point, you might want to consider upgrading. Skip v2 and go straight for v3.

Hayashi_yuna

3/2/17
It does look nice on bracelet. Gives off a vintage look to it. You’ll be pleased as I’m sure you already are.

LaPavel

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
7/8/17
EU
No, it’s the “Jewets” model lol. I’m happy though.

mkf - better dial, bezel (number 8, etc) maybe still more quality bracelet, but clasp fell cheap - micro adjustment have much play.

Phil994

You're Saying I Can Sell?
2/3/16
So she has arrived... This appears to be the V1.

I believe the V2 just has an updated dail from Intime Description of the V2.

Either way I am happy

View the package which arrived 20 minutes: https://imgur.com/a/F4mCksp

Cadows

I'm Pretty Popular
29/3/18
Europe
I have two questions guys. Is V6 factory the best and is there some other name for that factory? Thanks

Cadows

I'm Pretty Popular
29/3/18
Europe
v6f - xf - vsf - it's same factory.
yes, vsf v2 is the best version.

Didnt know that, thanks bro. So its the version that has been released recently right? Oh I made a thread about OMF De Ville chrono, if you know smt about it you could share. Thanks again

YellowFin

Not pretty, hardly popular
28/1/20
Molvania
Now if only the factory can replicate the liquidmetal numerals on the bezel... Not likely of course since that technology is proprietary. The silver numerals on the ceramic bezel disappearing under reflection is by far the biggest tell on an otherwise impressive rep. Nonetheless, I have the gen of the SM300 and I'm impressed by the way the new reps look with the grainy matte dial.

Not too long ago, I read that the Rolex process for the Pepsi ceramic bezel is protected by two patents and (according to R Factory) suuuperduuuper tricky yet the reps have it...?

Last edited:

Mr.JC

Renowned Member
11/9/16
https://www.watchbands.co.uk/rios-na...eige/?classid=

It gets this aged, frayed look after wearing it for a little while. Too much fray on the sides I sometimes burn off with a lighter.
Great strap for this watch colour wise.

Awesome, thanks for the link fuzzmex :D. I don't own a strap like this yet, and should really give the gen NATO a break, so I'll pull the trigger on this. Thanks again for the recommendation.

fuzzmex

2/9/17
I have to admit I was wrong in doubting the existence of a Spectre v2 with updated dial.
The reason for my doubts were the lack of visual evidence in the photos.
So I am very curious now as to how much of a difference there is between v1 and v2.
This is a picture of my v1 in the kind of sunlight angle that gives the clearest indication of the dial's graininess and matteness.
If anyone owning a v2 could do a similar picture for comparison that would be great.
(Apologies for my dirty bezel and crystal
)

Reactions: Mr.JC and Updog