• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Seamaster 300 Spectre ''SPC300''

watchlover128

Known Member
9/12/14
Hi,
can someone explain the difference briefly between the V6F 2.5 and VSF 2.5. Originally I was under the impression they where the same watch???

Updog

18/7/19
Can't tell you the differences, but the VSF is meant to be much better

JT888

17/6/15
Canada
Hi,
can someone explain the difference briefly between the V6F 2.5 and VSF 2.5. Originally I was under the impression they where the same watch???

From my understanding, V6F is the previous name for the factory , which changed a couple of years back to VSF. The first decent iteration of the Spectre was made by V6F and progressed to version 2.5 around 2016/2017. In 2018 V6F, now VSF, upgraded the watch with a clone movement and better finishing overall. It was also at this time that MKS had a decent rep of the Spectre. The MKS Spectre could be had for a better price, but had flaws ("Jewets" instead of Jewels printed on the movement for example), this allowed VSF to overtake it as the more popular choice.

Since 2018, the VSF Spectre may have had a silent upgrade or two; such as, a more grainy dial, but as far as I'm aware, the watch hasn't changed it's version number. The watch at this time is labelled as the VSF Spectre. If you see a Spectre labelled 2.5, I'd be inclined to think it was the older version of the watch, made when the factory's name was V6F. This is from my understanding, if anyone knows differently please chime in.

watchlover128

Known Member
9/12/14
From my understanding, V6F is the previous name for the factory , which changed a couple of years back to VSF. The first decent iteration of the Spectre was made by V6F and progressed to version 2.5 around 2016/2017. In 2018 V6F, now VSF, upgraded the watch with a clone movement and better finishing overall. It was also at this time that MKS had a decent rep of the Spectre. The MKS Spectre could be had for a better price, but had flaws ("Jewets" instead of Jewels printed on the movement for example), this allowed VSF to overtake it as the more popular choice.

Since 2018, the VSF Spectre may have had a silent upgrade or two; such as, a more grainy dial, but as far as I'm aware, the watch hasn't changed it's version number. The watch at this time is labelled as the VSF Spectre. If you see a Spectre labelled 2.5, I'd be inclined to think it was the older version of the watch, made when the factory's name was V6F. This is from my understanding, if anyone knows differently please chime in.

Totally makes sense now. :) thanks for covering that with me :)

Teachemplz00

Horology Curious
13/2/20
I've just received the VSF latest version from Jtime in very good time (less than 3 weeks between order and delivery in France) and I must I am say very impressed with the watch. I already own the gen 2018 SMP 300M and the quality of the Spectre 300 MC is really top notch. My only slight gripe would be with the steel bracelet which feels a bit cheap/loose but I already ordered a Crown and Buckle supreme Nato to replace it.

I'm new to posting on the forum (although I have been lurking for quite some time) so I am not sure if that's allowed but I'd like to post some pictures. By the way, if anyone has any questions regarding the watch i'd be gald to answer them.

Ironmanic

You're Saying I Can Sell?
5/6/15
I've just received the VSF latest version from Jtime in very good time (less than 3 weeks between order and delivery in France) and I must I am say very impressed with the watch. I already own the gen 2018 SMP 300M and the quality of the Spectre 300 MC is really top notch. My only slight gripe would be with the steel bracelet which feels a bit cheap/loose but I already ordered a Crown and Buckle supreme Nato to replace it.

I'm new to posting on the forum (although I have been lurking for quite some time) so I am not sure if that's allowed but I'd like to post some pictures. By the way, if anyone has any questions regarding the watch i'd be gald to answer them.

I was hoping you could comment on the texture of the dial? My understanding was that the initial VSF version had a flat black dial instead of the sand blasted texture per the gen. Then VSF ultimately updated the dial to some extent but haven’t seen any good pics of the updated version.

Teachemplz00

Horology Curious
13/2/20
I was hoping you could comment on the texture of the dial? My understanding was that the initial VSF version had a flat black dial instead of the sand blasted texture per the gen. Then VSF ultimately updated the dial to some extent but haven’t seen any good pics of the updated version.

I do not own the gen so I cannot compare the two directly and I dot not have any macro lens so posting quality pictures is hard. The dial on this rep is slightly textured which you can see under some illumination, but not on par with the Gen in which you can see the grain in nearly every picture available online.

leo6929

I'm Pretty Popular
2/5/16
Many have commented on an "updated" VSF more grainy dial in recent posts. Watching the pics, I just can't see it. If it's real, it must be almost indistinguishable IRL. Still somehow far from the gen dial.

Reactions: fuzzmex

fuzzmex

2/9/17
Many have commented on an "updated" VSF more grainy dial in recent posts. Watching the pics, I just can't see it. If it's real, it must be almost indistinguishable IRL. Still somehow far from the gen dial.

I was thinking the same thing. Surely VSF and the TD's would be using an updated dial as a selling point.
I think it's the same dial that just appears to be more grainy in some pictures than in others.
Still a great rep regardless.

Reactions: leo6929

Updog

18/7/19
I think the graininess of the dial is quite good it's really the method of photography that Omega uses to show of the graininess.

This is my VSF.

And they are much better on a decent NATO I think.

Ironmanic

5/6/15
I think the graininess of the dial is quite good it's really the method of photography that Omega uses to show of the graininess.

This is my VSF.

And they are much better on a decent NATO I think.

This looks awesome. Thanks for the comments everyone.

leo6929

I'm Pretty Popular
2/5/16
Sure, the dial is nice as it is, but when I have handled the gen, there is this little bit room for improvement that I think could not be so difficult to achieve. You get that and a solid bracelet from VSF, this could be kind of a super rep.

mikejungle

Looking Around
6/2/20
Just received QC pics of the V6F (Andrew says it's the same factory), and man...all of the earlier mentioned flaws don't seem to be there.
  • Grainier dial as evidenced by other people in the thread
  • The steel bracelet has lettering on the inside of the two links closest to the case, like the gen, which used to not be the case
  • The steel bracelet has been corrected on the inside section closest to the lugs. There used to not be an extra bit of metal, but it appears that there is metal on both sides of the springbars
  • No "TM" after the "007". Little detail, but would have irked me to no end seeing that all the time
Can't speak to any of the other errors, and not looking to QC whore (won't complain if you spot something, but it looks good to me).

Just really wanted to share that all the errors that I thought would be there are not. People keep using V6F and VSF interchangably, while others say they're different factories, so I thought I'd update so others are informed that they are probably the same factory, and that many of the errors have been fixed.

3HSneYKnsjFH51Fg9

nR3V3tXTCTNHJf1x7

mikejungle

Looking Around
6/2/20
Just received QC pics of the V6F (Andrew says it's the same factory), and man...all of the earlier mentioned flaws don't seem to be there.
  • The steel bracelet has lettering on the inside of the two links closest to the case, like the gen, which used to not be the case
  • The steel bracelet has been corrected on the inside section closest to the lugs. There used to not be an extra bit of metal, but it appears that there is metal on both sides of the springbars
  • No "TM" after the "007". Little detail, but would have irked me to no end seeing that all the time
Can't speak to any of the other errors, and not looking to QC whore (won't complain if you spot something, but it looks good to me).

Just really wanted to share that all the errors that I thought would be there are not. People keep using V6F and VSF interchangably, while others say they're different factories, so I thought I'd update so others are informed that they are probably the same factory, and that many of the errors have been fixed.
3HSneYKnsjFH51Fg9

nR3V3tXTCTNHJf1x7

mikejungle

Looking Around
6/2/20

Just really wanted to share that all the errors that I thought would be there are not. People keep using V6F and VSF interchangeably, while others say they're different factories, so I thought I'd update so others are informed that they are probably the same factory, and that many of the errors have been fixed.

v5yIY1jk2AKkuacx35nRzuHJY84Rzee_0XBlbYpDkdnU4Vznd53Q-kuS2xA_P02U5m446tdMj6L85UXWsNo2unO80gFIM1wMzk_bKnYkHUGrzvSemLl3hlEdX0w8r_LOLDSFaQ2oW6oKfY4ktP9v5FRtiumWkD0KIfek5HGZ_YWgtCgLwCyypXYJrH89JZ3YkwPAslzAneOprIdVoOFurLs2z1IVy8q_Geey4AkdR46dC6DpkADko_FnfIUVIZT8juc0uZWNC4uX8EY1hKGtCMeZysHFmZg41fh6Cze4bGdchL-YLM2S3L-DLEPwCwZtjl1Vid2WZnRdR527sGKELRjQ9NDrAhdO7OSKsQ6_MvtQBt8WEv9dq-8ojQuvdf2QUZYpdAK1TrGKc8lCnRZMw_gyyi3l8bAaTRDgHQN7f7bvqaoFoOm1Lh1YNmWAmSA9Ke8naKRgP_ad-qzamJwS4kgFYWJnitact_0dzxWRPcm4vYKcfZUdAeBj-XcA2M3Qu0sH6O-F2yyMPwA25gurX66lhDuRRTP8dmvPpHUbb-WYRkk-LxArBGrvDRpNkusUpf-bEXakYPM8zlVTO4TKc8LkPr3MLtIVsOAfAR7JvuMSTZ765z09HOPpSEEYlM9_UkVLqwTNuO7u-UCZPEG1T6AeP1OXnXRL8_WzDDwZ2kL3ecHeAgAvReQ=w1200-h900-no

SQ-EDEbdHol-8Ywih49igrwrLTwDXD6D4iYrBhHvKLmNDgvdhYiTUoHvaIUiBijDmGw_MmXR_rF8yNQ89LiAU-zBQyBMEgFFYvJzCpDfYu0cHp4hTlAC8TzCKC9gsbvII7aaDWliogLAjGdg30MhEi33cHq2bnNCqN_V8N_RFkj85DwcFKeuRO1iC9tblSLCg9UkKl9BvnXEdB4vstVhLyWoJH4KusAZBGUJdS4DlPEzKJKGlE5ABMNh0HJevALUxxjS5-pKlEKhr_FUry31n5avr1-pHA9V8Rg1_pRWjbvIRkuQQpBdYXddqQcAjglKcRxQkOUOTwE9CeVSfGPZNAi5zZY719qaExD4hEDYdqKbHauweqmFB52-dosCjXBiuZlEmHRN3O4u6W1zmOaAJzsUpq5UdLfUpI5BplLXqVOrbTJ_S5izqQ-o3nDEe-DPgWMqaYAalQyPg07Sp3pENiHG552asEh_AlZdwwmJsGdIMZk-d0RdsUOyd9hAEILndyCSyTxHSLWq2fF55r-DZG89EIXa1n9cilmUuwIjMl2vNjw69oRsXQz24Qywdl5xIQyuR4pF3NaoQf_XBLE6PTOEd7s01V7wVLG_f9MjOwsD034X38e8oqH6TuhJrKgnipc18sIpejSbTrau9uONf28GzUwklR3l7WZklr-cTXHXbbS2OudnAMI=w1200-h900-no

Phil994

2/3/16
So what we saying V6F is actually VSF Or they different?

I was going to pick up the VSF version but now you got my attention amigo

Phil994

2/3/16
So what we saying V6F is actually VSF Or they different?

I was going to pick up the VSF version but now you got my attention amigo

Teachemplz00

Horology Curious
13/2/20
Could you post the pictures again? I cant seem to see any of them.

Cheers !

Last edited: