• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Seamaster 300 Spectre ''SPC300''

The_scotsman

Looking Around
5/6/19
Looking to purchase my first rep to take some wear off of my gen Longines Grand Vitesse and love the look of the 300 Spectre. Thanks to everyone who's uploaded pictures, I've been pouring over them with envy! Reached out to PureTime to see if they can get me the watch, fingers crossed I can get sorted soon.

Yona24

Known Member
MULTI ACCOUNT
21/4/19
Just received the vsf spectre. Very happy with it, however the bezel.. is it this rough when turning the bezel? Does the click sounds sound the same as your VSFs?

https://vimeo.com/340874562

edit: noticed the VSF nato strap is 20mm, instead of 21mm to match the correct lug width of the watch.

Last edited:

KSwatches

Trusted Dealer
29/11/18
Looks normal for this factory.

It’s not a uni-directional bezel like the ones found on diver watches.

GMF type bezels (which this is) are not as precise feeling as diver bezels. It’s fine tho

Yona24

Known Member
MULTI ACCOUNT
21/4/19
Yeah I am aware diver and gmt bezels are different. However having only owned a diver bezel and not a gmt bezel, just wanted to confirm with other owners of the VSF if this bezel click turn is normal.

Foxxfire possible for you to show how your clicks sound?

If I determine my bezel to be different to other VSFs, I may bring it to a watchmaker and probably lubricate it.

fujisan

Horology Curious
27/3/18
Yona24 VSF bezel is supposed to be bidirectional. Just to double check whether it's a VSF, can you adjust the hour hand independently?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Yona24

Known Member
MULTI ACCOUNT
21/4/19
fujisan yes it does.
I also saw the gen spectre bezel on videos for comparison, and it looked butter smooth when turning. Whereas my vsf is kinda rough and makes gritty sounds when bezel turns.

rayden

Looking Around
2/6/15
hello guys

can i bother you with some question?

i bought this omega seamaster 300 spectre rep couple years ago and i really love it. Unfortunately i drop it and the glass is broken. Do you know where can i get replacement glass/crystal for this model? preferably the replica or third party glass because the gen crystal is so expensive for me. I've asked intime about it but got no reply

thank you

Mr.JC

Renowned Member
11/9/16
hello guys

can i bother you with some question?

i bought this omega seamaster 300 spectre rep couple years ago and i really love it. Unfortunately i drop it and the glass is broken. Do you know where can i get replacement glass/crystal for this model? preferably the replica or third party glass because the gen crystal is so expensive for me. I've asked intime about it but got no reply

thank you

Yikes, why would you drop a watch?

Maybe you should keep it broken so it serves as a reminder to be more careful in life, and just get a new rep.

Alexccmeister

8/11/18
Yikes, why would you drop a watch?

Maybe you should keep it broken so it serves as a reminder to be more careful in life, and just get a new rep.

If you are using the Nato strap, you will be surprised how easy it is to accidentally drop a watch when trying to put on or take off your wrist. I dropped mine a few months back and scratched the crystal. It hit the wood laminate flooring but slid across the floor a few feet. That was enough to scratch the surface.

Mr.JC

Renowned Member
11/9/16
If you are using the Nato strap, you will be surprised how easy it is to accidentally drop a watch when trying to put on or take off your wrist. I dropped mine a few months back and scratched the crystal. It hit the wood laminate flooring but slid across the floor a few feet. That was enough to scratch the surface.

I always use mine with the NATO strap and I have never dropped it or any watch once. I am even wearing it today :D.

But now that I said that, I probably jinxed myself and probably end up dropping it :eek:.
VFoUHZ.jpg

Reactions: Chesterfield

slevin7

You're Saying I Can Sell?
11/2/17

There's a point. You have to be careful to keep hold of the strap as the weight of the watch can easily cause it to fall while putting on.

jpferry315

You're Saying I Can Sell?
16/9/18
Ewing, NJ
I always put the watch on with a Nato over the bed or couch. It’s a little tricky if you’re in a hurry

Alexccmeister

8/11/18
But now that I said that, I probably jinxed myself and probably end up dropping it :eek:.
Haha.. That's what I thought when I started wearing my reps. I will be extra careful with it. So far I have managed to drop the Spectre and scratched it in the process and dropped by yatchmaster onto a hard surface. But I have to say the YM survived the fall without a scratch and still runs perfectly.

Reactions: Mr.JC

m16kevlar

Looking Around
26/5/19
Dear colleagues and friends, greeting from Russia. Some time ago i received Seamaster 300 Spectre from MK factory.
It was gift from my friend and bro, he live in Shenzhen. I found WeChat contact of NoobFactory and my bro connect with their manager directly. After 5 days i got my watch and was happy.
One important thing, which i want to report here. Seller declarate that this watch use Miyota 9015 movement inside. I tried to find this version on RWI, Dhgate, Reddit and in Google. Unfortunately - without results. Can somebody tell me - is it newest version of MKS (F) or seller sold me simple old version of watch with another movement inside (not Miyota 9015) for example - Japanese A2824 like it was on well known MKS version for 248 USD? As additional fact - JEWETS mistake still present on movement, hah. And about price - it was 2400 RMB = 346 USD, expensive that A2824 MKS version if purhase it via TD (248 USD). Package included case (looks like leather), SS bracelet + NATO strap (both have good quality and correct marks) and FAKE invoice with price from GEN Omega 38000 HKD = 4855 USD, lol))). If it will interesting for you - additionally I can add pictures + screenshots. Thanks for your time, and have a nice day.
P.S. Sorry for my bad English, it's my third language. Also, sorry, that i copied this post from MKS thread because this thread is most popular and set as fixed topic

Last edited:

cessna605

Horology Curious
7/6/19
Does anyone know if the newest VSF's correct the second hand stuttering? And is the gen case the same 316F stainless? Omega doesn't have what grade metal they used published on their site. Also, any word on which TD may be the best on one of these? I tried emailing Lucy and never heard anything back.

Last edited:

cheld

Renowned Member
Supporter
7/3/18
Does anyone know if the newest VSF's correct the second hand stuttering? And is the gen case the same 316F stainless? Omega doesn't have what grade metal they used published on their site. Also, any word on which TD may be the best on one of these? I tried emailing Lucy and never heard anything back.

The new VSFs use the new "clone" A8500 movement that has no stuttering issue.

cessna605

Horology Curious
7/6/19
The new VSFs use the new "clone" A8500 movement that has no stuttering issue.

Ok awesome. So a clone spc300 on a gen band, you're in for a pretty killer watch. What kind of power reserve do you guys typically see? This'll be my first rep, and I'm excited