• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Seamaster 300 Spectre ''SPC300''

Mr.JC

Renowned Member
11/9/16
V9vD9U.jpg

erudite

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/11/18
Hey guys, just got my MKS through and on the second time of closing the bracelet it has become jammed (luckily it wasn't on my wrist).

Any tips on how to unjam it without damaging it? The two buttons are stuck (depressed in).

The TD thankfully sent a replacement clasp in this instance. I spent a good couple of hours stripping down and putting the clasp back together with no luck. Each time I put it back together again, the buttons would slip off the central mechanism and jam.

Alexccmeister

8/11/18
The TD thankfully sent a replacement clasp in this instance. I spent a good couple of hours stripping down and putting the clasp back together with no luck. Each time I put it back together again, the buttons would slip off the central mechanism and jam.

Did the TD send a replacement FOC or you had to pay. I have a defective bracelet for my Daytona 116500 which in my opinion isn't fixable due to wrongly drilled pin hole position and TD charging me for it plus shipping. Although the price is lowered according to him.

erudite

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/11/18
Did the TD send a replacement FOC or you had to pay. I have a defective bracelet for my Daytona 116500 which in my opinion isn't fixable due to wrongly drilled pin hole position and TD charging me for it plus shipping. Although the price is lowered according to him.

FOC. I've bought 3 watches from them so far and 2 had issues. The first one they said the only option was to return it to China (I paid myself to get it fixed locally in the end).

I sent the pictures of this issues immediately (the bracelet still had all the protective stuff on). I think the combination of the fact that they could see I hadn't used it, it was a relatively inexpensive part and the fact that the other watch I recently bought was defective lead to the sending it with no charge.

How much are they charging you?

Yona24

Known Member
MULTI ACCOUNT
21/4/19
VSF and MKS prices are $100 apart. Is the reason due to the quality of the MKS being inferior or is it because of flaws like ‘jewets’

been reading this thread and from what i have read so far,
MKS dial does it somewhat better than VSF
however VSF movement is better as it is a superclone movement.
not sure if thats what an extra $100 tho..

Foxxfire

FoX, the Patron
20/1/17
EU / CH
VSF and MKS prices are $100 apart. (...)
not sure if thats what an extra $100 tho..

It's worth, definitely. The overall quality of VSF is superior to MKS. If you'd hold both REPs in your hand you will easily note all the differences.

Yona24

Known Member
MULTI ACCOUNT
21/4/19
It's worth, definitely. The overall quality of VSF is superior to MKS. If you'd hold both REPs in your hand you will easily note all the differences.

Have you owned both? Can you write up a summary on why VSF is superior and specific differences between the 2 that make sense for the price difference. Thanks

Last edited:

Foxxfire

FoX, the Patron
20/1/17
EU / CH
No, not both. I am owning the VSF, my collegue the MKS.
But everytime we compare both our watches we have to admit, that VSF did the better job on the Spectre (regardless the better grainy dail on the MKS).

Last edited:
Reactions: leo6929

Mr.JC

Renowned Member
11/9/16
Beautiful.
How does the gen nato compare with the rep nato one?

I got the VSF version without the NATO, so I'm not too sure how much the rep NATO has improved. But previous to this I did own a V6F version from 2016, and I remember that NATO was horrendous.

I immediately went to my Omega boutique in California and they had the last one for this watch in stock.

Nothing beats the genuine Omega NATO, in my opinion, especially the one that actually goes with this watch.

Perhaps somebody on this thread will post pictures and a review on the rep NATO ;)?

Yona24

Known Member
MULTI ACCOUNT
21/4/19
Hey guys, just received QC pics for my VSF spectre. Would you guys agree that the dial is not straight

3d619948-0a21-41bd-9993-18ddd40cafca

cheld

Renowned Member
Supporter
7/3/18
Sorry pic seems not to be showing i will leave the link here https://imgur.com/a/I8NXya6

In the picture the bezel isn't perfectly straight. Look at where the teeth are on each side where you see the lug join the end link. On the right side (near the 1) the lug line is between two teeth. On the left (above the 11), it's right above a tooth. So either the bezel isn't aligned perfectly, or the picture was taken with the bezel in-between clicks. If you rotate the bezel ever so slightly clockwise, the hour markers on the dial will line up perfectly with the bezel numbers.

Yona24

Known Member
MULTI ACCOUNT
21/4/19
Thanks your inputs guys. I also thought the bezel may be somewhat in between clicks but wasnt too sure, may have to check with the TD.

heres a few more shots https://imgur.com/a/sKjX55M