• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Seamaster 300 Spectre ''SPC300''

vinbaxter

Horology Curious
7/3/19
Or at least, US buyers... can give me an advice? I'm just wondering if could have issues with customs or something like that.

I've been comparing models and factories... picture by picture and I found that VSF have the most detailed and "accurate" reps right now. I will buy something with A8500 or A8900 super clone movements. Almost ready but kinda worried about Customs thing.

dicat1010

You're Saying I Can Sell?
5/12/18
I've been comparing models and factories... picture by picture and I found that VSF have the most detailed and "accurate" reps right now. I will buy something with A8500 or A8900 super clone movements. Almost ready but kinda worried about Customs thing.

You import at your own risk, end of story. Nobody can guarantee that your counterfeit will make it through customs.

erudite

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/11/18
Which would you get, original V6F model with the Miyota movement (2016) (~$190) or the latest MKS model ($210)?

Alexccmeister

8/11/18
There are only 2007 units available for sales and all sold along time ago. I doubt anyone would want to let go the ss strap. The genuine box set comes with ss and nato straps. Just get the rep ss strap with 007 stamp. Just make sure to remind the TD to get the one without the tm mark. The rep strap is not too bad.

By the way is the gen strap only euro 150? The nato strap is already around that figure in the AD. I am sure the ss strap will be more expensive for sure.

stampsatit

15/3/16
I don't care about the price. I will buy the closest one.
It seems for this watch VSF is the best and better than MKS right?
If I decide to use Gen Nato strap what is the flaws of this watch

fuzzmex

2/9/17
There are only 2007 units available for sales and all sold along time ago. I doubt anyone would want to let go the ss strap. The genuine box set comes with ss and nato straps. Just get the rep ss strap with 007 stamp. Just make sure to remind the TD to get the one without the tm mark. The rep strap is not too bad.

By the way is the gen strap only euro 150? The nato strap is already around that figure in the AD. I am sure the ss strap will be more expensive for sure.

There were 7007 made of these.
I meant the Omega nato without the 007 logo on it, that is €150.
If by "ss strap" you mean stainless steel bracelet, yes that would certainly cost a lot more.

Alexccmeister

8/11/18
Yes, ss strap. Sorry again. Looking at the forum through my tiny iphone 7 screen. Haha. We are talking about the same strap then.

Reactions: Rollieyeehy

fuzzmex

2/9/17
I don't care about the price. I will buy the closest one.
It seems for this watch VSF is the best and better than MKS right?
If I decide to use Gen Nato strap what is the flaws of this watch
Closest in what sense?
Fabric wise the gen Omega nato is closest, but you won't get the 007 logo.
If you feel you must have that 007 logo, then try to find the real deal (good luck with that) or settle for the rep strap.
It is made of inferior fabric, but still quite nice and a notch above most cheap nato straps.

VSF has the closer to gen superclone movement in it (read thread).

Your last question makes no sense to me, sorry.

stampsatit

15/3/16
Closest in what sense?
Fabric wise the gen Omega nato is closest, but you won't get the 007 logo.
If you feel you must have that 007 logo, then try to find the real deal (good luck with that) or settle for the rep strap.
It is made of inferior fabric, but still quite nice and a notch above most cheap nato straps.

VSF has the closer to gen superclone movement in it (read thread).

Your last question makes no sense to me, sorry.

sorry I make you confuse. I mean the watch. my meaning is that if I cut problem by purchasing gen strap
how about VSF watch?
Do VSF have a flaws and cons ? (such as dial or bezel or something etc.?)

fuzzmex

2/9/17
sorry I make you confuse. I mean the watch. my meaning is that if I cut problem by purchasing gen strap
how about VSF watch?
Do VSF have a flaws and cons ? (such as dial or bezel or something etc.?)
I'm not sure what problem you are trying to cut here.
In terms of movement the VSF rep 8400 is cosmetically closest to the gen movement, but obviously not a real co-axial movement like the gen.
The MKS version has a decorated A2824 movement.
The gen Spectre has a more "puffy" filled out lume and the dial seems to have a slightly coarser texture than the rep.
Both these things are pretty minor flaws I'd say.
There may be other minor differences, but in general this is a very good rep.

So, if you want the movement to resemble the gen as close as possible, go for the VSF.
If you want to save money, go for the MKS, the price difference is substantial.
I have the VSF version myself and I love it, but to be honest I never look at the movement much.
Something to keep in mind as well, is that the MKS A2824 movement will be a lot easier to service.

stampsatit

15/3/16
I'm not sure what problem you are trying to cut here.
In terms of movement the VSF rep 8400 is cosmetically closest to the gen movement, but obviously not a real co-axial movement like the gen.
The MKS version has a decorated A2824 movement.
The gen Spectre has a more "puffy" filled out lume and the dial seems to have a slightly coarser texture than the rep.
Both these things are pretty minor flaws I'd say.
There may be other minor differences, but in general this is a very good rep.

So, if you want the movement to resemble the gen as close as possible, go for the VSF.
If you want to save money, go for the MKS, the price difference is substantial.
I have the VSF version myself and I love it, but to be honest I never look at the movement much.
Something to keep in mind as well, is that the MKS A2824 movement will be a lot easier to service.

Thank you sir !! very informative