• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Seamaster 300 Spectre ''SPC300''

fuzzmex

2/9/17
​​​​Only the Miyota 8215 movement suffers from occasional stuttering.
To my knowledge it is no longer being used for this watch.

cheld

Renowned Member
Supporter
7/3/18
Do they all stutter when shaken? Or just some of them?

The V6F is the only version to use the Miyota movement that is sometimes prone to stuttering. I have the V6F and it runs perfectly without stutter.

But if you are looking at a V6F either from a TD or via m2m, request a one-minute video of the watch running so you can confirm the second hand sweeps without stuttering.

axs1970

Renowned Member
19/3/17
UK
Does anyone know if there are any plans to release the non Bond version of this watch?
Cheers

hare9lon

You're Saying I Can Sell?
4/2/19
SF Bay Area
Just got mine yesterday. MKS model after 2 RL from my TD. Very happy with it. And the Rep NATO isn't half bad at all.
225d5b8ad3700c8432bb95bdf5477c41.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

-prick

15/1/17
i cant decide wether i should buy vsf or mks..
is the vsf really worth the higher price?

Foxxfire

FoX, the Patron
20/1/17
EU / CH
Go for the VSF!
You won't regret it.
Ones you've noticed all the flaws on the MKS, you'll start seeing it all the time... (and will sell the MKS and go for the VSF)

MarkiMarc

Horology Curious
13/3/19
hi, have ordered a VSF with both straps to, now i am excited. :D

but i got a mistake with the qc pics. the first watch has no Stainless steel engrave and i criticized it, on the second Watch it look fine but later i see thats on the Bracellet the "TM" engrave are.
is it possible thats the Wtch a earlier Version are?

is it possible to spot which Version it is?

LanthanVN

Horology Curious
4/1/19
hi, have ordered a VSF with both straps to, now i am excited. :D

but i got a mistake with the qc pics. the first watch has no Stainless steel engrave and i criticized it, on the second Watch it look fine but later i see thats on the Bracellet the "TM" engrave are.
is it possible thats the Wtch a earlier Version are?

is it possible to spot which Version it is?

I'm in the same situation like you. I ordered a VSF with both straps on January, got my 1st QC pic before Lunar New Year but with some flaws then I asked my TD to change to another one.

Then after LNY I received another one, the dial & the back are fine however the bracelet got the "TM" this time, so I gently asked my TD to send it back to VSF again as the latest version shouldn't have that "TM".

Luckily my TD happily return it for me. All we have to do is to wait patiently I guess :)

Reactions: MarkiMarc

-prick

15/1/17
In case you don't know, MKS has the word JEWETS written on the movement as oppose to JEWELS. But they could have changed that.

Thanks, yes i know. its a really stupid mistake but lets be honest, who is going to look at the back of the watch?
dont know about other flaws, some members here on the forum even said the dial is better than vsf?

Go for the VSF!
You won't regret it.
Ones you've noticed all the flaws on the MKS, you'll start seeing it all the time... (and will sell the MKS and go for the VSF)

the thing that puts me off actually is the "special" movement
if it breaks i would have to send it to a experienced member here on the forum to get it repaired
but it would be much much easier to just replace the movement with an eta or similar, but i dont know if it would fit the case or the hands would fit.

Foxxfire

FoX, the Patron
20/1/17
EU / CH
(...)
the thing that puts me off actually is the "special" movement
if it breaks i would have to send it to a experienced member here on the forum to get it repaired
but it would be much much easier to just replace the movement with an eta or similar, but i dont know if it would fit the case or the hands would fit.

Neither the ETA movement will fit in the VSF-case, nor the REP-hands will fit on the GEN-ETA.
But the 8400-clone movements seem to be very reliable (regarding the posting in this forum).

Last edited:

fuzzmex

2/9/17
Received my VSF today.
The watch wears smaller on my (slender) wrists than I had feared, so I'm happy with that.
The striped nato that comes with it is actually of rather good quality.
As always, these babies look even prettier in real life than in all those inflated pics.

Reactions: MarkiMarc

MarkiMarc

Horology Curious
13/3/19
I'm in the same situation like you. I ordered a VSF with both straps on January, got my 1st QC pic before Lunar New Year but with some flaws then I asked my TD to change to another one.

Then after LNY I received another one, the dial & the back are fine however the bracelet got the "TM" this time, so I gently asked my TD to send it back to VSF again as the latest version shouldn't have that "TM".

Luckily my TD happily return it for me. All we have to do is to wait patiently I guess :)

i asked my TD about the "TM" sign and he told me thats not on my Bracelet, idk. i will see when its arrived

recoil

You're Saying I Can Sell?
6/12/18
I received my watch and I am impressed, I am very pleased with my purchase. Thank you to everyone in the forum you guys rock, I follow everyone's advise and it paid off.
Pictures can be deceiving, the watch looks larger than life in your monitor for every little flaw to be picked however irl it is a different story. In my hands to me it feels like a gen this is something that you need to experience is not something that you would see in a picture.
I am hooked I am looking forward to my next rep I can only hope is as good as this one.
Here a few pictures of mine, I think the pictures look bad compared to how good it looks irl.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/kcmzwj5w/

Reactions: leo6929

LanthanVN

Horology Curious
4/1/19
I received my watch and I am impressed, I am very pleased with my purchase. Thank you to everyone in the forum you guys rock, I follow everyone's advise and it paid off.
Pictures can be deceiving, the watch looks larger than life in your monitor for every little flaw to be picked however irl it is a different story. In my hands to me it feels like a gen this is something that you need to experience is not something that you would see in a picture.
I am hooked I am looking forward to my next rep I can only hope is as good as this one.
Here a few pictures of mine, I think the pictures look bad compared to how good it looks irl.

Look great, grats on your purchase. I'm still waiting for my TD to send me QC pic :)

MarkiMarc

Horology Curious
13/3/19

nice Watch, but whats about the Damage on the backcase near the serial number ?