• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Seamaster 300 Spectre ''SPC300''

Foxxfire

FoX, the Patron
20/1/17
EU / CH
Just in case anyone thought the sapphire glass they use on this Spectre is actually hard sapphire, (...)

It takes a very, very looooooong time to polish that sapphire xtal.
Xtal Replacement is the solution. Perhaps you'll replace it with 2x Prof AR (he's here on RWI somewhere)

Alexccmeister

8/11/18
It takes a very, very looooooong time to polish that sapphire xtal.
Xtal Replacement is the solution. Perhaps you'll replace it with 2x Prof AR (he's here on RWI somewhere)

That's the thing. It will end up being to costly for me to ship out, replaced and ship back in. Thanks for the suggestion anyway. I knew when I put that Nato strap on the watch (although it looks awesome) I would drop it somehow. I hate it when this happen. The other day was my Tudor GMT when I banged the bezel against some sale basket in a shop. I think I have to wear a watch protector like those you put on a phone. Haha....

Alexccmeister

8/11/18
That's the reason why we by cheap REPs.
Imagine, this had happened to a very expensive GEN.... :cry:

Ya, that's my thought exactly. I am bloody anal about scratches. So much so I don't wear my gen Rolex so often.

Anyway apart from the barely noticeable scratches on the Spectre's dome, the watch seems alright.

Reactions: vcappp

Dinan19

You're Saying I Can Sell?
4/7/18
Has anyone tested the water resistant on the spectre? The crown doesn't seem to screw all the way down so thinking whether it'll be water proof or not

LaPavel

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
7/8/17
EU
Has anyone tested the water resistant on the spectre? The crown doesn't seem to screw all the way down so thinking whether it'll be water proof or not

with rep watches it is usually hit or miss. everyone better watchmaker can do test for watter resistant.

fuzzmex

2/9/17
Hi there, I'm having a bit of a dilemma.
Perhaps you kind fellas could give me your two cents.
Locally there is a Seamaster 300 Spectre on offer.
It's a two year old V6F version with the (stuttery) Miyota 8015 movement; it's in very good condition and with gen Omega nato strap.
This guy is asking a steep €450 (which is about US $510).
A bit much considering the new updated V6F version with replica movement can be had for about €330 and a gen nato for €150. (Not to mention the even cheaper MKS version)

My question: how much would a decent offer be for this watch?
And is it worth going for it at all, with those new versions on the market?

Waddaya think?

thx

Marclnd

Certified
3/1/19
UK
Hi there, I'm having a bit of a dilemma.
Perhaps you kind fellas could give me your two cents.
Locally there is a Seamaster 300 Spectre on offer.
It's a two year old V6F version with the (stuttery) Miyota 8015 movement; it's in very good condition and with gen Omega nato strap.
A bit much considering the new updated V6F version with replica movement can be had for about €330 and a gen nato for €150. (Not to mention the even cheaper MKS version)

My question: how much would a decent offer be for this watch?
And is it worth going for it at all, with those new versions on the market?

Waddaya think?

thx

I would say 350/380 EUR - I am after the same watch and I am wondering if there are going to be any further updates to the v6f...

Foxxfire

FoX, the Patron
20/1/17
EU / CH
(...)
A bit much considering the new updated V6F version with replica movement can be (...)

Forget that unreliable 8015. Even if you pay 250, if the movement dies, you can throw away that watch.
Go for a MKS with 8400 clone movement. You wont regret it.

fuzzmex

2/9/17
Forget that unreliable 8015. Even if you pay 250, if the movement dies, you can throw away that watch.
Go for a MKS with 8400 clone movement. You wont regret it.

Thanks for the advise.
But you mean the V6F with 8400 clone movement right? MKS has the A2824 I thought.
Or am I missing a trick here?

Reactions: leo6929

leo6929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
2/5/16
Thanks for the advise.
But you mean the V6F with 8400 clone movement right? MKS has the A2824 I thought.
Or am I missing a trick here?

The clone movement is V6F. I have it and the movement is just sweet. Go for the latest version and get the gen nato.

fuzzmex

2/9/17
The clone movement is V6F. I have it and the movement is just sweet. Go for the latest version and get the gen nato.

Thanks.
Yeah I've made up my mind; I got it down from €450 to €350, but that is still quite high.
I think the stuttering 8015 will be too much of a thing for me to ignore.
Going for the V6F.

Thanks to all you here who responded! Much appreciated.
Love this forum.

Reactions: leo6929

recoil

6/12/18
Does the rep takes 20mm or 21mm straps? If I am reading well the gen uses a 21mm strap. Could you folks confirm what size watchband the VSF rep uses? Thank you.

fuzzmex

2/9/17
I'm waiting for mine to arrive, but I'm pretty sure it's 21mm, like gen.
Though not as widely available as 20mm or 22mm, you can find plenty of straps that width.
Or just buy the Omega gen of course.

recoil

6/12/18
Thanks fuzzmex, I am waiting for my QC pictures wanted to get a jump on the watchband, the gen is ridiculously expensive.

recoil

6/12/18
Jamiex, is this a leather band? If it is would you mind showing it? Thanks!