• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Seamaster 300 Spectre ''SPC300''

Sir Savien

You're Saying I Can Sell?
11/1/19
Europe
Hmm ok, the only difference I can see is, that the end of the "5" is a bit more curved in the gen. But I really doubt that anyone could ever see this this without a side by side comparison.

5_1.jpg

5-2.jpg

What I also noticed: The markers on the sandwich dial on the gen seems to be much deeper. Maybe it is just on the pictures, but I don't think so.

Reactions: Foxxfire and vcappp

Foxxfire

FoX, the Patron
20/1/17
EU / CH
Hmm ok, the only difference I can see is, that the end of the "5" is a bit more curved in the gen. But I really doubt that anyone could ever see this this without a side by side comparison.

5_1.jpg

5-2.jpg

What I also noticed: The markers on the sandwich dial on the gen seems to be much deeper. Maybe it is just on the pictures, but I don't think so.

On that pic the GEN seems to have deeper cutted indices than the REP?
Or is it just an optical illusion?

Sir Savien

11/1/19
Europe
I don't have the gen, so I can only assume that the gen has deeper indices, but yes, I thought the same. Maybe it is just on the VSF verion.
Also the gen dial sems to be much more grained.

Alexccmeister

8/11/18
There are only 7007 units of this watch that is genuine. Don't think many people would have the luxury of owning one. Most people can't tell the difference I am sure.

Alexccmeister

8/11/18
First of all, some more eye candy.

VSF-1.jpg

Sorry for the bad lighing, that wasn't the best set up.

To the questions. I know that it is a VSF, but I have no clue which version. I bought it from another user here on the market.

Since this is my first rep I ever owned, I don't have much to compare. I own a gen SMP ceramic and a gen Tudor BB. I also had hundrets of seikos. The quality of the spectre is really good. The case brushing is nearly as god as on my gen smp. But some points I wolud like to mention.

The Bezel:
It is realy unfamiliar to have a bidirectional bezel action, but it is smoth and has a good "click". It is not to loose and not to hard to rotate. There is a bit of play, but my seikos have that too. It feels different than a diver bezel imho.

The Movment:
It looks really good, and runs 6 seconds to fast per day. I think that is really acceptable. One think that isn't gen like is the sound of the movment. There is some rattle to hear.

The Braclet:
That is the weekest part in my eyes. It is ok, the clasp with its fine adjustment woks, but it feels a bit cheap. The gaps betwenn the links are to big, so there is a lot of stretch out of the box. if you shake the watch, it rattles very loudly.

All in all I am really satisfied, and my next rep already arived. :D

Also: What is that discussion about the "5 Problem" ? I can't see any difference to the gen 5 on the spectre. Maybe I am just blind. :idontno:

This watch looks bland with the metal bracelet. I wear this with the Nato strap now.

Change your spring bars to a sturdier one. Mine was the same on one side. Lots of gap and rattles. Found the spring bar was of poor quality. Went to a watch smith and replaced it with a bigger one and the fit is tight now. No gap and no rattle. In fact it was difficult to get the strap out when I wanted to change it to the Nato.

Sir Savien

11/1/19
Europe
This watch looks bland with the metal bracelet. I wear this with the Nato strap now.

Change your spring bars to a sturdier one. Mine was the same on one side. Lots of gap and rattles. Found the spring bar was of poor quality. Went to a watch smith and replaced it with a bigger one and the fit is tight now. No gap and no rattle. In fact it was difficult to get the strap out when I wanted to change it to the Nato.

The Endlinks are not the problem. They fit verry good and sit tight. There is no gap or play. The other links are thr problem. They have a lot of play and huge gaps to each other. Also I think the bars which are holding the links together are a bit to thin...

Also I think it looks verry cool on the braclett. A bit more formel than on the nato. I can wear it with a button down or a suit without a problem. I wouldn‘t do this on the nato strap.

Alexccmeister

8/11/18
The Endlinks are not the problem. They fit verry good and sit tight. There is no gap or play. The other links are thr problem. They have a lot of play and huge gaps to each other. Also I think the bars which are holding the links together are a bit to thin...

Also I think it looks verry cool on the braclett. A bit more formel than on the nato. I can wear it with a button down or a suit without a problem. I wouldn‘t do this on the nato strap.

OK. I read your message wrongly. I think the reason they have the gaps a bit larger is because they didn't want the links and the bracelet to pinch on the hair on the wrist. I think I read somewhere. I could be wrong.

Sir Savien

11/1/19
Europe
... I think the reason they have the gaps a bit larger is because they didn't want the links and the bracelet to pinch on the hair on the wrist. I think I read somewhere. I could be wrong.

Oh, so it is a feature? :D
Maybe you are right, no clue, but sounds weird.

LT_UTC

Known Member
5/3/17
CH

I agree, but so far the NATO hasn't convinced me. Feels too bulky for my taste. That's why I fitted a leather strap to mine. For added vintage feeling. :p

Sir Savien

11/1/19
Europe
I also would like to have a nice leather strap for mine, but all I have are 20mm or 22mm... Both look bad. The Nato is really nice, but in some situations I would prefer leather.

Alexccmeister

8/11/18
Just in case anyone thought the sapphire glass they use on this Spectre is actually hard sapphire, think again. Maybe it is I don't know. I accidentally dropped my Spectre today while taking it off my wrist (the issue with using buckle strap as oppose to SS strap with clasp). There is a whole lot of scratches on the dome glass. It fell face down and slid across the wood laminate floor. Now I don't know if any genuine sapphire glass would have fared much better but I doubt dropping the glass on a laminate floor would incur too many scratches, let alone a whole bunch of scratches. I have worn my gen Tag Heuer many years and only managed to put one small scratch on the glass and that is only noticeable if you look carefully. And I recall dropping the watch a couple of times on hard surfaces.

Not sure if the watch movement will be affected. I guess over the next few days I would know.

Oh well c'est la vie!! :(

Last edited:
Reactions: vcappp

rolexwatchfan

Put Some Respect On My Name
17/8/13
Just in case anyone thought the sapphire glass they use on this Spectre is actually hard sapphire, think again. I accidentally dropped my Spectre today while taking it off my wrist (the issue with using buckle strap as oppose to SS strap with clasp). There is a whole lot of scratches on the dome glass. It fell face down and slid across the wood laminate floor. Now I don't know if any genuine sapphire glass would have fared much better but I doubt dropping the glass on a laminate floor would incur too many scratches, let alone a whole bunch of scratches. I have worn my gen Tag Heuer many years and only managed to put one small scratch on the glass and that is only noticeable if you look carefully. And I recall dropping the watch a couple of times on hard surfaces.

Not sure if the watch movement will be affected. I guess over the next few days I would know.

Oh well c'est la vie!! :(

If anyone is interested to take this off my hand cheap do let me know. I will make sure the movement is ok before selling it. I can't stand the fact the watch has scratches on the glass. I read on this forum you can have the scratches polished out using diamond paste. Or maybe have the dome replaced. I don't know how to do all these things so the only way is to let go this piece. If anyone is interested that is. Cheers.

Back door sales advert is not allowed. Regardless of the occurrence be sure to post legitimate sale for this watch. FYI.