• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Seamaster 300 Spectre ''SPC300''

dexterj

Renowned Member
20/11/15
Of the MKS i dont like only the SS Bracelet, but I think I'll use it very few Times... It seems pretty heavy

Alexccmeister

8/11/18
For me I think the nato is really nice and complements well with the watch. Now I am kinda reluctant to use the ss strap.

Alexccmeister

8/11/18
After wearing the Spectre a couple of days, I am getting anal about this damn bezel play. Anyone has ever taken out the bezel on this rep before? Can you share a link? Appreciate it. Thanks.

Alexccmeister

8/11/18
I am also curious to whether the bezel can fixed/tightened if too loose.

I find that when I push the bezel towards the 12 marker and try to turn the bezel, it works really nicely. Click properly in both directions. And the play is gone. But when I push the bezel towards the 6 marker, there isn't much click and the movement was horrible. So I am guessing the spring is a bit loose. The only way to resolve this would be to open the bezel. Question is how. I searched the forum and youtube but so far no luck on this 007 watch.

LT_UTC

Known Member
5/3/17
CH
The only way to resolve this would be to open the bezel. Question is how. I searched the forum and youtube but so far no luck on this 007 watch.

If you do indeed succeed or find a solution, please provide us with it. I'm sure many of us would like to know the "fix". Last resort could be a watchmaker willing to work on reps (and with Omega experience).

Alexccmeister

8/11/18
If you do indeed succeed or find a solution, please provide us with it. I'm sure many of us would like to know the "fix". Last resort could be a watchmaker willing to work on reps (and with Omega experience).

Sure thing. I am sure some experts here will know this fix. I don't mind to ship to them for the mod. Anyone?? :):)

Alexccmeister

8/11/18
Hi Guys, Just want to share a bit of what I noticed on my Spectre.

The first video is showing the side to side play. It isn't much. But there is some play. And When I compared this with my Gen GMT Master II, what do you know, it also has some play. Albeit smaller amount. So definitely the mechanism need some tightening so hopefully the factory can improve on this in future version. Otherwise, this watch is really fun to wear. :)

Second video showing the CCW and CC play which I also notice my Gen Rolex has a bit of it. Again something inside need better tolerances to improve it.

One other thing, I noticed the spring pin for the Nato strap is a bit weak and when I try to wear the watch and pulling on the belt, the strap makes a clicking noise where the pin is. So went to a watch shop and got myself a stronger and bigger pin to replace it and now its nice and perfect. I am sure owners of Spectre here has similar issue so worth replacing the pin. Cost me just a tad over a dollar.

P.S. Angus, thanks for the offer to have the factory take a look at the bezel, will wear it for a couple of month and see. Will check with you again before the warranty is up. Would like to enjoy wearing this piece a bit longer. :D

Last edited:
Reactions: vcappp and leo6929

LT_UTC

Known Member
5/3/17
CH
Hi Guys, Just want to share a bit of what I noticed on my Spectre.

The first video is showing the side to side play. It isn't much. But there is some play. And When I compared this with my Gen GMT Master II, what do you know, it also has some play. Albeit smaller amount. So definitely the mechanism need some tightening so hopefully the factory can improve on this in future version. Otherwise, this watch is really fun to wear. :)

Second video showing the CCW and CC play which I also notice my Gen Rolex has a bit of it. Again something inside need better tolerances to improve it.

One other thing, I noticed the spring pin for the Nato strap is a bit weak and when I try to wear the watch and pulling on the belt, the strap makes a clicking noise where the pin is. So went to a watch shop and got myself a stronger and bigger pin to replace it and now its nice and perfect. I am sure owners of Spectre here has similar issue so worth replacing the pin. Cost me just a tad over a dollar.

P.S. Angus, thanks for the offer to have the factory take a look at the bezel, will wear it for a couple of month and see. Will check with you again before the warranty is up. Would like to enjoy wearing this piece a bit longer. :D

Great input! My TD is currently in the process of sourcing my watch, and she is meticulous about QC. Nevertheless, I shall point your findings out to her and see if her findings report the same. I'm going to assume the batch hasn't changed yet. Would be a pleasant surprise if it has. (I realize Angus' in put will take time to implement if they do indeed listen. Maybe they discovered it themselves in the meantime.)

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
After wearing the Spectre a couple of days, I am getting anal about this damn bezel play. Anyone has ever taken out the bezel on this rep before? Can you share a link? Appreciate it. Thanks.

How bad is it? GMTs are not suppose to be as tight as diver bezels. My Rolex Batman GMT is quite loose as well

Alexccmeister

8/11/18
How bad is it? GMTs are not suppose to be as tight as diver bezels. My Rolex Batman GMT is quite loose as well

You can see it in the videos I posted above. Its not really bad but would have liked it to be a bit tighter. I don't have a gen Spectre to compare with so its just my opinion. Not seeing alot of people talking about this so I am guessing its not that big of a deal. My gen Rolex GMT has some play as well but it requires some effort to turn the bezel. Not with the rep spectre though.

Reactions: mech500

Alexccmeister

8/11/18
PYIsX.md.jpg
PYCZp.md.jpg

How’s the quality and reliability of these straps? Anyone had it coming apart while wearing and the watch dropping? I think I will change the pin on the SEL. One of the pin is kind of iffy.

Foxxfire

FoX, the Patron
20/1/17
EU / CH
My "Spectre" had two different pins to hold the SELs. Had to replace the weak bastard against a more sturdy pin.

Reactions: vcappp