• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Seamaster 300 Spectre ''SPC300''

pure b

I'm Pretty Popular
29/10/14
Seamaster 300 Spectre ''SPC300'' - Overview

Omega has launched a new 007 watch for the new James Bond movie Spectre. Like other 007 models the watch is based on a existing model but with some differences made to it. The new Omega Seamaster 300 Co-Axial Spectre (SPC300) is based on the regualar SMP300 that came out earlier this year.

The SPC300 differs from the SMP300 in the following ways:
- Bidirectional bezel opposed to unidirectional
- GMT bezel opposed to a minute bezel
- No pearl
- Lolipop seconds hand
- No 12 at dial
- Larger logo on dial
- NATO strap
- Brushed mid-links on bracelet opposed to polished
- 007 caseback engravings

Below you see the regular (top) and Spectre (bottom)
seamaster300.png

james-bond-limited-edition-omega-seamaster-300.jpg

V1
The factories took pretty long to rep the SPC300 regarding they allready repped the SMP300 pretty well. The first version was released about 3 weaks after Spectre hit the theatres in Europe. The SPC300 came with the same movement as the SMP300, a Miyota 8215 decorated like Omega's 8400.

Offcourse this V1 had some flaws:

- Brushed crown instead of polished
- Brushed rim underneath bezel instead of polished
- 20mm lugs instead of 21mm
- Inner bezel ring too thin
- 5 on bezel in wrong font
- Cheap, unbranded NATO strap
- Bracelet with polished mid links

V1.5
A couple of weeks after the inital release KW factory came out with a branded NATO strap. This 20mm strap has the correct branded hardware but the strap is still a cheap NATO. This NATO could be ordered seperately from out TD's and they became availlable for future orders for a SPC300, they called this the V1.5.

V2
This V1.5 was sold out near the beginning of December and we had to wait for KW to come out with a new batch around the 20th. At first we expected just a new batch but KW had made some changes to the SPC300 giving birth to the V2.

The V2 had to following improvements compared to V1.5:
- 21+mm lugs
- Slightly thicker inner bezel (still narrower than the gen)
- Correct font at 5
- Polished rim underneath the bezel

With enlarging the lug with KW created a new problem, the branded NATO strap and the bracelet wouldn't fit the case anymore because there is a 1+mm gap. KW told the TD's that the new bracelets (brushed and 21mm) will be availlable around the 17th of January.

V2.5
The SPC300 now comes with a 21mm nato and brushed bracelet. This are the only differences from the V2 so I consider this V2.5

Below you see the my SPC300 V2.5
GnotO9.jpg

WZm2j5.jpg

NjkHgg.jpg

Current flaws
The V2 is a very nice rep with just some minor flaws wich can be corrected in future versions. The currect flaws of the V2 are:

- Brushed crown instead of polished
- Inner bezel ring too narrow
- Cheap NATO strap

The movement in the SPC300, the Miyota 8125, may not run as smooth as an ETA. Multiple members have shown that their seconds hand stutters between the 10 and 40 minute mark but there are also people whose has a smooth sweep (like mine). A word of advice: Ask your TD to send you a video of the seconds hand making a full rotation

Some say the dial is less textured than the gen, I don't know about this but these are the kind of micro flaws that every rep has.

pure b

I'm Pretty Popular
29/10/14
Strap

As mentioned before, the Nato straps that come with the rep SPC300 are of very low quality and not the right size for the V2. I don't think the factories will come with a better strap in the future so the best option for a replacement Nato strap is the genuine Omega five stripe Nato. The best way to describe the fabric of this strap is the same fabric as the seatbelt in your car.

This Nato is availlable from AD's for around €190 and it comes in a couple of sizes. The sizes which we are looking for are the following:

SPC300 V1 - 20mm Omega Nato
SPC300 V2 - 22mm Omega Nato (21.5mm in fact)

The Omega five stripe Nato is not the same as the Nato that comes with the genuine SPC300. The difference is that the SPC300 Nato has 007 engraved on one of the metal keepers and the hardware (keepers and buckle) are brushed instead of polished like on the Omega five stripe Nato.

Below you find pictures of my 22mm (21.5mm) Omega five stripe Nato

The 21.5mm nato is a perfect fit

Below is a comparison picture (thanks [MENTION=117515]sev217[/MENTION]) between the rep nato, a Phoenix nato and the Omega nato
As you can see the quality of the rep and gen nato are worlds apart. The Phoenix is the best aftermarkt nato currently availlable

img_1512.jpg

Replicafan

Known Member
13/2/10
Great post and VERY useful info.
It has been forever since I bought a REP and I'm really interested SPC300.
I watched the vid PT has posted and the Lollipop does a fair amount of skipping and shuttering.
That would drive me insane. (it was a monster issue on a 55mm Pilot I built a few years ago too. UGH!)

Has this issue been addressed? What causes it? It's a nice looking movement. Miyota is a good movement.
Do you think it's the weight of the Lollipop causing that issue?

Lastly, has anyone had an issue with shuttering on the standard SM300?

Thx guys.
Good to be back in the game.
Cheers!

gtgano

Horology Curious
5/1/16
The gen nato is not very flexible, but mine has softened up with daily wear. It also has a ton of adjustment holes - should fits just about any wrist size.

Thanks for your research!

goodwave

Looking Around
14/1/16
hello everyone
i am a new member and I fell i love the moment I saw this watch
can you please recommend a TD who sells the latest version?

MrSaltey

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/7/15
Should i wait for a new version or buy version 2? Will there be made new versions of this watch, we can't know that for sure right?

Troklo

23/12/15
hello everyone
i am a new member and I fell i love the moment I saw this watch
can you please recommend a TD who sells the latest version?

Come on man just put the minimum of effort into this and you'll find the answers that you need in the forum. This is coming for a new member as well

Troklo

23/12/15
Should i wait for a new version or buy version 2? Will there be made new versions of this watch, we can't know that for sure right?

Why would you? I think the current version is stunning!

edwinkx

12/11/12
I actually would get a basic off the shelf nato strap to go along iso of going with the actual one that comes with the watch. Makes it totally unique and minus out the polished flaw =)

pure b

I'm Pretty Popular
29/10/14
I actually would get a basic off the shelf nato strap to go along iso of going with the actual one that comes with the watch. Makes it totally unique and minus out the polished flaw =)

zjxrie5ljfnmbvznhdqh.jpg

geauxbarca

18/11/15
I love the 007 series watches. I'm actually wearing the Skyfall one as I type this. Only a matter of time before I break down and get a Spectre.....

mapman57

I'm Pretty Popular
2/4/10
Great overview many thanks OP

Sent from my iPhone using Tipitapitalk

darrent

29/1/16
Love the pics and think these models will stand the test of time