• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Seamaster 300 Spectre ''SPC300''

pike0158

You're Saying I Can Sell?
25/5/15
CONUS
Type Seamaster 300 co-axial and watch some videos on Youtube, several gens stutter too. In fact, it´s well replicated.
Yes. There is difference between a little stuttering and a second hand that literally STOPS and drops 2-3 seconds when held upright. That's my dilemma. What can my TD possible to if this a problem with all these movements? Would I be wasting money sending it back?

darrent

29/1/16
Ive sent my Omega back to intime.co and it has just arrived in China. The stutter was awful, dropping 2 seconds at a time. Ryan has mentioned that the movement will be changed if they cannot correct it

D

d4m.test

Yes. There is difference between a little stuttering and a second hand that literally STOPS and drops 2-3 seconds when held upright. That's my dilemma. What can my TD possible to if this a problem with all these movements? Would I be wasting money sending it back?

Hi, what I was referring to was a little stuttering while constantly running and always at the same rate. Yours is not behaving like all others. When holding it or even twisting it, it should not stop for a second and than continue running or catch up: either it´s a loose seconds hand or the movement is dirty (quite normal, it´s why I don´t like decorations).
You could check - with a loupe and amplified detailed pics - if something has come loose. There are glued on fake jewels and fake glued on plastic screws and other parts on it. Best would be to open the caseback with an opener and turn it over a carboard box to see if something drops out.

pike0158

25/5/15
CONUS
Hi, what I was referring to was a little stuttering while constantly running and always at the same rate. Yours is not behaving like all others. When holding it or even twisting it, it should not stop for a second and than continue running or catch up: either it´s a loose seconds hand or the movement is dirty (quite normal, it´s why I don´t like decorations).
You could check - with a loupe and amplified detailed pics - if something has come loose. There are glued on fake jewels and fake glued on plastic screws and other parts on it. Best would be to open the caseback with an opener and turn it over a carboard box to see if something drops out.
Thanks Daywatch. I guess I will likely send it back then. I didn't think there was anything I can do about it because I've read several forum posts where people have the same issue with the second hand stopping and trying to catch up. It doesn't affect time accuracy but just looks terrible. I had a watch guy look at it and wanted $250 for an overhaul cleaning for $20 movement. No Thanks! I understand that it takes skill and time to disassemble a movement but for that price, I could almost buy another one!

thehorse

Renowned Member
25/4/06
Asia
it's the same watch but you need to check the terms since watch station has a different modus operandi compared to the other tds

PDeez

Looking Around
29/1/16
If anyone wants to get an idea of the movement in these here is a quick video of mine (purchased from intime). Most noticeable stutter is between the 1 and 2 position, however it's not too bad that I can't live with it. Love the watch overall and will be putting up a review with loads of pics soon. Excuse the cheap crappy ebay-special strap (it's only there as was testing various colours).

https://youtu.be/m3YLZWhXn9A

go000ob

Renowned Member
3/11/15
it doesn't seem that bad on yours
but still it shouldn't be there at all

pure b

I'm Pretty Popular
29/10/14
If anyone wants to get an idea of the movement in these here is a quick video of mine (purchased from intime). Most noticeable stutter is between the 1 and 2 position, however it's not too bad that I can't live with it. Love the watch overall and will be putting up a review with loads of pics soon. Excuse the cheap crappy ebay-special strap (it's only there as was testing various colours).

that's not too bad

darrent

29/1/16
Mine was worst than that. Mine was stuttering between 5 past and 25 past. When you pay around £200 for a watch you dont expect the movement to stutter

pike0158

25/5/15
CONUS

Make sure the watch is sitting vertical and not laying flat. My second hand didn't stop while laying flat but stopped when held vertically like it would be when you turn your wrist to look at your watch.

imranbecks

I'm Pretty Popular
17/11/15
The Neutral Zone
Mine keeping good time and getting plenty of wrist time... 3 months now since getting it...

25200539074_dcae9444c9_c.jpg

doc_O

17/1/16
thought so too :)
btw did you get your watch?
does it stutter?

I'm still waiting for mine to arrive.
As I understood not all Spectres suffer from this stutter thing, is that correct?

Sent from my iPhone 6S Plus using Tapatalk.

darrent

29/1/16
Mine was the same...laying flat there were no issues but when upright the second hand would start stuttering when travelling downwards towards the number six position

go000ob

Renowned Member
3/11/15
there was no enough feedback on that matter, so we can't really say that all of them do stutter.
but apparently most of them do a little between 1-6 when upright.
it is annoying but eventually it does not affect time keeping, so...!!

gvlman31

16/9/11
Thank for the information. Very informative, especially about the Miyota second hand stuttering.

sfuqua

Looking Around
11/3/16
The stutter thing is very interesting. It is interesting that such a fault is found on so many different watches.

I've read the whole thread and I really don't see many other problems.

Did I miss something?