• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Seamaster 300 Spectre ''SPC300''

linarense

3/12/15
Europe, but World Citizen
In mine says “Jewels”

Is really difficult get the pic, it’s best photo I can take

694701f8eb451b0f7bb62310493bf4e4.jpg

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Commander Straker

17/1/17
UK
I'm very tempted by this watch (although I actually prefer the look of the non-Spectre version, which I don't think is repped). This would be my first Omega rep so I don't have a "go to" factory as I do with Panerai. Who currently makes the best version please and should I buy now, or is there any reason to wait for an update? Thanks.

snoutwatch

You're Saying I Can Sell?
1/8/14
I'm very tempted by this watch (although I actually prefer the look of the non-Spectre version, which I don't think is repped). This would be my first Omega rep so I don't have a "go to" factory as I do with Panerai. Who currently makes the best version please and should I buy now, or is there any reason to wait for an update? Thanks.

VSF is the best imo. Doubt this will get a refresh. it's an older model at this point

BuckNaked

Known Member
12/1/20
East Coast
VSF is the best imo. Doubt this will get a refresh. it's an older model at this point

Agreed. It was just added to the PureTime site on 31 March, so it's a brand new version. Since the movie came out in 2015, I don't see a whole lot of upside sales potential for a V3.

imranbecks

I'm Pretty Popular
17/11/15
The Neutral Zone

The non-Spectre version was repped in 2014 by V6F. It was with the miyota movement.

49390825301_ae63812d9b_b.jpg

sfboy123

Horology Curious
12/12/19
So I got my new VSF spectre today. Purchased from Jtime on May 7th.

Here's my opinion (and take this with a grain of salt as I am new to the rep game - this was my first rep):
  • The NATO strap is not that uncomfortable
  • Speaking of the NATO, the strap I received from Jtime was a regular omega nato and not the 007 nato - I am disappointed about this as I will be wearing this almost exclusively on the NATO. For your QCs, make sure to ask/check
  • The stutter is very real but only seems to be there if you really shake the watch. In day-to-day use I don't know how often it would happen where I shake the watch a lot and then immediately look at it.
  • The movement is nowhere near as loud as people have said in this thread. I cannot hear it unless I bring it up right next to my ear and even then if there is any noise in the room I cannot hear the movement.
  • Overall, the watch is incredibly gorgeous and well constructed. I cannot believe that I didn't discover reps sooner.

Reactions: PaulSoldier

lumentin

Known Member
25/4/20
Strasbourg, FR
Was it any good? Is there any point trying to find one at a TD or M2M? Or should I just go for the VSF V2?
From what I read, and Sead told me the same, the Spectre is a better rep than the normal Seamaster 300, the dial is more grainy, for example. The price is although not the same, and I can understand you prefer one look from another. I really hesitated to. If the seamaster 300 is the only look you want to see, the anwer is found. If you want a rep accuracy, maybe the Spectre is a bit better. Just my opinion, my Spectre is still not arrived.

danix84

Patron
Certified
13/3/16
Hi guys,
I’ve been reading quite all the thread to check the main differences between VSF v1 and v2, I‘ve checked also the close-up pictures but I didn’t find a easy way to discover the exact model version on used watches. Any help?

katak

You're Saying I Can Sell?
1/5/20
The numbers written on bracelet... Pictures are in this topic.

Commander Straker

17/1/17
UK
From what I read, and Sead told me the same, the Spectre is a better rep than the normal Seamaster 300, the dial is more grainy, for example. The price is although not the same, and I can understand you prefer one look from another. I really hesitated to. If the seamaster 300 is the only look you want to see, the anwer is found. If you want a rep accuracy, maybe the Spectre is a bit better. Just my opinion, my Spectre is still not arrived.

I've thought about this further and decided to go with the Spectre! The standard 300 is much more polished, particularly the centre links on the braceket. It'll attract fingerprints and scratches. I also prefer brushed steeel. The dial on the Spectre is better and my reservation about the lollypop second hand went after researching the history of the seamaster and seeing its use in the 1950's. The Spectre is also I believe a better rep.

What is wrong with the VSF V2 Spectre that stops it being a super rep? You all seem pretty impressed by it!

lumentin

Known Member
25/4/20
Strasbourg, FR
What is wrong with the VSF V2 Spectre that stops it being a super rep? You all seem pretty impressed by it!
It's good, but there are much more tells between this rep and the gen than for other models such as the SMP. Even if the VSF dial is grainier, it's still not the same than gen. The liquid metal of the bezel is quite difficult to copy too.

danix84

Patron
Certified
13/3/16
I would like to buy the gen NATO strap, is it possible to buy the 007 edition? How much does it cost? ( The normal one should cost160 euro)

cheld

Renowned Member
Supporter
7/3/18
I would like to buy the gen NATO strap, is it possible to buy the 007 edition? How much does it cost? ( The normal one should cost160 euro)

Omega only sells the 007 strap with the 007 watch. 99% of the OEM straps that are called "SPECTRE" on eBay are the regular one without the 007 engraving.