• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

PO 600M Co-Axial Chronograph, First Impressions

Chroniker

Not listening!
28/9/15
España, currently ze Germany
Hi all

Here are my first impressions of this stunning looking watch.

Planet Ocean 600 M Omega Co-Axial Chronograph 45.5 mm

Titanium on Titanium, Mod. Ref. 232.90.46.51.03.001, Cal. 9300, Retail aprox. 10600 USD.

I have not had a chance to wear it yet and the wristies are with the watch dangling on my wrist.
I will go tomorrow to a watchmaker to have it water proved, lubed(more on that and else later), adjusted and the bracelet sized.

I probably would have stayed away from this rep(BP maker) because of the wrong TECHNOLOGIFS plus the half C in it and more so the movement(A7750) in combination with the Chronos, which I wont be playing with.

The reason I did buy it is because I most likely will buy the gen(I have seen it already for around 5-6000USD in unworn condition) at some point and it being close to a hockey puck on your wrist, I felt I wanted to get a feel for it first.

This mini review is not going to be anything like the reviews from more knowable members of this forum due to the fact that I frankly don't have that knowledge yet, and I am extremely busy with work. Not complaining, just less time for family, friends and hobbies but more money to spend on things we don't really need.

The photos have been taken with the wrong lens(not sharp) for the job and no post production except a crop here and there has been made. I think I am just trying to steer you guys away from the fact that I suck as a photographer.

FFS do I ramble on...

Ok, lets start with the not so good.

The pearl position(too low) and more so the fact that the ring around the pearl sits too flush on the bezel compared to Gen and Noob - in this case my Pumpkin.
Also nice to be seen is the difference in case, bezel grip and crown material/colour, Ti vs SS.

The Crown on my watch is wobbly, and I say MY watch because it doesn't necessarily mean that all TiPOs from BP maker come like mine.
The Crown only wobbles when unscrewed. But it wobbles a lot! Kinda like you are balancing a cup on a stick.
One of the things that I will address with the watchmaker tomorrow.

Anything to do with the stem connecting to the movement, winding, setting time/date feels very fragile.
Nothing like the Pumpkin with the A2836.

Which brings us to the Rotor. This mofo is LOUD! A bit like a pepper grinder. Friggin scary.
So one more reason to not having it on my wrist but to have it serviced first.

On the contrary, the Co-Axial 9300 engravings on the Rotor are very precise and clean. Also spacing and size is closer to gen. Much better than Noob.

The infamous TechnoloGIFS misspelling is a mystery to me. But then there are a few spelling mistakes on different reps.

No need to get into more details of the decoration of the movement or better lack of.
I did use a crop from one of my QC pics as I had forgotten to take one from its bum.

Ok. On to the good.

This watch POPS!
Just to note that I have never seen the colors in real life like on this photo.

It actually is more grey-blue, which I much prefer. The blue tone changes and varies with light.
Sometimes all the way down to almost black. Nice, very nice.
Here a shot that might illustrate this a bit.

Next is a shot that shows the most true colour of the bezel and dial, at least in indoor conditions with natural sun light. The Ti case and bracelet is not as shiny and bling as SS, something I personally like a lot.

Also very nice to see in this pic is the different colour lume of the minute hand and pearl. I did not notice this until I saw the photo on my monitor. Otherwise I would have previously charged the lume.

I am very glad I got this rep. With all its flaws, it still looks stunning! I am looking foreward to have this on my wrist once the movement is serviced.

Btw. the watchmaker in cuestion had been working 20 years for the local Rolex AD( the Hour Glass) and has never worked on a rep. I found a virgin, Yay!

I almost forgot, the wrist shot. Unsized bracelet on my 7 inch wrist.
Watch fresh out of the box... ehem, plastic.

And finally a photo of the gen which is the final goal of getting this rep.

Saludos a todos!

Conquerer

27/5/15
Nice review and pics! I thought long and hard about buying this model but instead opted for the non chrono version on the blue strap. Ultimately I wasn't that confident with the movement and build quality, especially seeing another review or two where the crown fell off and the glass wasn't in properly. Unfortunate that you also hit a bit of bad luck with the wobbly crown and perhaps the loud noise. Seems like these models usually have some issue whether small or more significant. I'm just not really a BP fan when it comes to Omega, or you know what... in general. All 3 of my BP watches (2 Omegas and 1 Rolex) are the weakest in my collection.

Chroniker

Not listening!
28/9/15
Thanks
I agree. General build quality feels a lot more solid on the Noob.
Normally I too would have stayed away from this Chrono rep. Its purpose is as a tester to see if I can live with its hight on my wrist before I buy the gen.

The crow is fine as long as screwed in. I just have to be very careful when setting time/date.

I did buy my Pumpkin after I saw your review of yours.

Nice review and pics! I thought long and hard about buying this model but instead opted for the non chrono version on the blue strap. Ultimately I wasn't that confident with the movement and build quality, especially seeing another review or two where the crown fell off and the glass wasn't in properly. Unfortunate that you also hit a bit of bad luck with the wobbly crown and perhaps the loud noise. Seems like these models usually have some issue whether small or more significant. I'm just not really a BP fan when it comes to Omega, or you know what... in general. All 3 of my BP watches (2 Omegas and 1 Rolex) are the weakest in my collection.

Conquerer

27/5/15
Thanks
I agree. General build quality feels a lot more solid on the Noob.
Normally I too would have stayed away from this Chrono rep. Its purpose is as a tester to see if I can live with its hight on my wrist before I buy the gen.

The crow is fine as long as screwed in. I just have to be very careful when setting time/date.

I did buy my Pumpkin after I saw your review of yours.
Ha, that's cool.

Yeah, that's good to test it out then. I really wanted the chrono myself, and if you're going to get a gen Omega that's a pretty good one to get, especially since the chrono reps aren't quite as good as the non chrono reps.

MADRED7

I'm Pretty Popular
5/5/11
Thx for taking the time to do this review. I like the watch, especially the grey-ish blue appearance ...

I did order the black dialed version and now I am a bit afraid of the wobbly crown that will make the watch a ticking time bomb.

Anyway, looking forward to receive my piece now, must be next week and I will post pic´s as well.

Dr. Theo

Chroniker

Not listening!
28/9/15
My pleasure. Writing a review is one way to give back to this community.

Please report back when you get yours. There are not that many out in the wild. What factory did you order?

Re. wobbly crown, just make sure you unscrew it very gently. Have the watch off the wrist.
And follow the 7750 rules, setting date/time.

Thx for taking the time to do this review. I like the watch, especially the grey-ish blue appearance ...

I did order the black dialed version and now I am a bit afraid of the wobbly crown that will make the watch a ticking time bomb.

Anyway, looking forward to receive my piece now, must be next week and I will post pic´s as well.

Dr. Theo

MADRED7

I'm Pretty Popular
5/5/11
... will be very patient and gentle ... I did order the BP version

Dr. Theo

blass12

Known Member
17/10/15
Nice review and pics.. I do agree that the color of blue is pretty amazing on this watch, the way it can transform to different shades.. Its only a pure bright blue in direct sunlight, then like you said to a grey/blue, to almost black in dark light.. Its really a phenomenal color.. Enjoy it

Chroniker

Not listening!
28/9/15
Hi guys

A quick update on this watch.

Unfortunately it crapped out on me just before Xmas! The movement was still going but minute and hour hands were not moving.
I had worn it pretty much every weekday since I got it and adjusted the time and date really carefully, never between 10 and 2 etc.

I was going to go to Hong Kong over New Year so I emailed Ryan if he had a rep friendly watch smith in HK and I wouldn't mind paying for it out of my pocket.
He just said to send it back to him for repair. I took the watch to HK with me as shipping would be faster and safer. The post office was just a few blocks walking distance away from my hotel, great.

Thats it. So now Im waiting patiently for this one to come back and to give me something to do in the meantime, I'm trying to find a nice Sub C No Date 114060.
Shame that Angus´s new V6s is only Date and DSSD.

Saludos

triker

I'm Pretty Popular
5/3/12
UK
Bit of a bummer busting up - However, cracking review as I have been looking at these for a while - Thanks. I have a genuine 45mm POchrono and just received a rep of the same from Torro, really good rep too.

I may pull the trigger on this one after CNY - hope you get your sorted.

triker.

Chronofighter

10/9/10
First of all thanks a lot for the review and the nice pics. I also think about getting this watch from Intime but the non-working minute and hour counter of the chrono does not please me at all. Ist the counter for the seconds of the chrono working at least? I think, the chines will have to rep the 9300 movement soon.

Chronofighter

10/9/10
I like the blue ceramic version from Intime very much. What bothers me is the non-working minute and hour counter of the chrono-function. Does anybody know if a watchmaker, maybe Domi, could get the minute counter of the chrono working? I would not mind too much if the hour counter would stay freezed.

Chroniker

Not listening!
28/9/15
Bit of a bummer busting up - However, cracking review as I have been looking at these for a while - Thanks. I have a genuine 45mm POchrono and just received a rep of the same from Torro, really good rep too.

I may pull the trigger on this one after CNY - hope you get your sorted.

triker.

Yup, it sux balls! Luckily Ryan is a stand up guy. I've got an email saying that it will be shipped soon.

Chroniker

Not listening!
28/9/15
First of all thanks a lot for the review and the nice pics. I also think about getting this watch from Intime but the non-working minute and hour counter of the chrono does not please me at all. Ist the counter for the seconds of the chrono working at least? I think, the chines will have to rep the 9300 movement soon.

Thanks
The second chrono works 100% in sync with the big second hand.
Re. repping the 9300 movement. Ha Ha Ha, good one...

I like the blue ceramic version from Intime very much. What bothers me is the non-working minute and hour counter of the chrono-function. Does anybody know if a watchmaker, maybe Domi, could get the minute counter of the chrono working? I would not mind too much if the hour counter would stay freezed.

I have no idea if it can be done.
But if, it is something that probably would make this movement even more fragile in regards to the chronos.
Read up on 7750 seconds @9 - @6

To tell you the truth, I know it's there but doesn't bother me at all.
If you like the watch that much, just get it. Use it for a few month and if you feel you can't live with the faux minute chrono, then just flip it on m2m.
I do believe however that it won't bother you after a while on the wrist.

Let us us know whatever you decide.

Chroniker

Not listening!
28/9/15

Dr. Theo

MADRED7, did you end up getting yours?

MADRED7

I'm Pretty Popular
5/5/11
Yes I did get my watch ... I am impressed, Looks good.
The bracelet could be better but Overall I am satisfied... here is a quick and lousy pic

j1dAioq.jpg