• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Omega Replica Models Database

jaypac

Horology Curious
11/3/18
Hey folks, I was wondering if anyone could recommend a vendor for a good rep of the Seamaster Chronograph? Or better yet, anyone know if there are good reps of a Speedmaster?

Dano-D

You're Saying I Can Sell?
22/6/19
Thanks a bunch Mr. Pap; for taking the time to put it all together. Terrific info here and a great starting guide for a noob.

So, after taking the time to actually read pretty much every post in this topic, it is quite fascinating to see the quality evolution of these reps in the past 5 years from the date of the OP. I've always been an Omega fan and this helped me a lot in understanding the main differences, options and such. Since most of the visual quirks have been ironed out, and since there are so many great looking pieces, to me, it is mainly a matter of deciding which movement is best. Gotta love it.

For those of you that are always chasing time (touché) and perhaps some anxiety, check out post #184, which has all the pictures, and follow cheld tip at post #216 to do some old fashioned web surfing. All the info is there, just need to find it.

Happy hunting!

Reactions: actlightning

Dano-D

22/6/19
This is my Omega Seamaster Aqua Terra 8500 38.5mm (JH Factory) from PureTime. Just received it yesterday, looks really good but has some problems such as poor lume, indeces and the omega logo reflect in a rainbow effect instead of a chrome mirror effect. Besides that i am happy with the purchase!!

http://picbear.online/media/1796812583040536771_1529829969

​​​​​​​

Nice looking watch.

It's been just over a year since your post. If you don't mind me asking. Do you still have it? and if so, how's it holding up? Curious to know.

Cheers,

D

Razorig2

8/6/18
London
I sold it after a little while, movement was good. Just didn't like all the flaws on the watch so I decided to sell it on.

Reactions: Dano-D

Dano-D

22/6/19
I sold it after a little while, movement was good. Just didn't like all the flaws on the watch so I decided to sell it on.

Got it and thanks for replying.

After reading up on the rep evolution, now at V6 for VSF, they seem to be almost flawless. Remarkable for sure.

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
Thanks a bunch Mr. Pap; for taking the time to put it all together. Terrific info here and a great starting guide for a noob.

So, after taking the time to actually read pretty much every post in this topic, it is quite fascinating to see the quality evolution of these reps in the past 5 years from the date of the OP. I've always been an Omega fan and this helped me a lot in understanding the main differences, options and such. Since most of the visual quirks have been ironed out, and since there are so many great looking pieces, to me, it is mainly a matter of deciding which movement is best. Gotta love it.

For those of you that are always chasing time (touché) and perhaps some anxiety, check out post #184, which has all the pictures, and follow cheld tip at post #216 to do some old fashioned web surfing. All the info is there, just need to find it.

Happy hunting!

Is it 5 years already??? Amazing how time runs so fast! Still RWI is the best rep forum!

I have been looking at new models and reps are getting better and better. The evolution of the hobby has been amazing!

actlightning

Looking Around
30/3/14

Happy hunting!

Thanks for the summary man, appreciated...albeit a few years later than it should be ????

rrodriguezgarcia

Known Member
21/12/19
Spain
Thank you very much for the guide. But is there an updated guide? I first looked for an omega seamaster 007 50th anniversary and bought the one from MKF, which I think is the best rep. Now I am looking for an Omega seamaster diver or planet in black. I doubt between three rep:

- diver 300m real ceramic case 2019 A8806 from VSF,
- planet ocean 45.5 deep gold real ceramic black dial A8906 from VSF
- and the planet ocean 43.5 from VSF black / orange bezel black dial A8900.

Which one do you advise me? Thank you

jamesmay78

Horology Curious
6/1/20
Great work Mr. Pap
I have been doing some digging around and it appears that since you first wrote this, VSF have come on leaps and bounds. But the watch I am interested in is the 215.30.44.21.01.001, and I would like that with an aETA (my intention would be to drop a real ETA in there. But is seems that while some factories may have made that a few years back, VSF do not do that model with the ETA (at least not that i've seen). I did follow your link to the NOOB version here , it gets some pretty good reviews, but how does that stand up against the modern VSF?

My other query - I havent held a gen or rep PO... but from the photos Ive seen, the ceramic bezel appears totally smooth on the gen, but photos of the VSF there seems to be a slight indentation on the white markings (tho not on the noob linked above). Can anyone provide a first hand account please?

thanks

mbserum

Horology Curious
19/4/19
COnsidering a 600M from Li and this really helps - excellent info!

tom134

Horology Curious
31/5/20
tom134 i think both those models have incorrect bezel markings. Only the GMT orange markers are correct if I recall

hi
why you do you say it's incorrect bezel marking?
it's engraved as the others VSF model like diver 300m from VSF.0 There is no liquid metal

jpchub

Renowned Member
7/12/18
Cape Town
tom134 the gen PO 43.5mm’s bezel is liquid metal. On the rep its engraved. On the gen GMT the bezel is engraved, on the rep GMT black bezel they’ve seemed to make it “liquid metal”. The rep blue bezel with red markings are correctly engraved like the gen.