• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Omega Aqua Terra 8500 Gray Dial Rep vs. Gen Comparison

Alex_T

Horology Curious
12/1/14
Thanks for the great review.

I noticed a flaw in the rep dial where the teak groove is not centered on the 12o'clock marker and the logo. 6o'clock marker seems okay tho.
See pic below (pic borrowed from TS):

1EEStkc.jpg

Can TS confirm whether it's true or just camera lens distortion? Thank you.

stxtf

Renowned Member
4/4/11
I just checked, and that is lens distortion. The teak pattern is perfectly centered.

mfernico

Known Member
21/3/13
This watch looks especially great on black leather and a deployment. Any suggestions, i.e. how are the rep omega deployments available and what are the available aftermarket straps to fit said deployment.
17330825_1_640.png

rroe

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/12/13
NJ, USA
I have the previous version of this rep with the ETA. I ordered an extra deployant strap with the watch for about $40 when I got it from TSWatch. Unfortunately, the strap is garbage but the deployant clasp is very nice & comfortable. The strap is pictured on a Railmaster; I modified it to work with a buckle. The main issue is the short length of the side where the deployant is attached with springbar. The short length causes the clasp to end up on the side of your wrist and not underneath. In a proper deployant strap, both sides should be close to the same length to position the clasp under the wrist. I bought a replacement strap from eBay for about $28.00 and it is miles beyond the rep strap in quality, feel, & fit; both sides are a similar length. I think it's best to order the watch with the bracelet and get the strap elsewhere; you get more for your money since both types cost the same essentially.

pjsayer

I'm Pretty Popular
18/5/11
Is it still possible to get the teak grey AT with a clone ETA? I think I'd prefer it over the Miyota

marressey

29/8/12
Thank you very much for this. Great read and pics. I'm off to get me one of these reps now. Deffo fits in the Super Rep category, in my book...

NedtheHead

26/12/12
I actually hadn't noticed that. I don't have it on me right now, but looking at some pictures online, I do not believe the gen has the hole.

AR159

27/8/13
Nice one. This could be muy first rep.
Thanks for the comparison

deafnotdaft

16/4/14
Thanks for the really good review and excellent pictures.

What I really did like about the picture comparisons was the simple fact that both watches where set to the same time. It's a simple little thing but it's the simple things that make the difference.

Markoff

Horology Curious
1/9/11
I order this teak grey AT with Sead two months ago, i have regulated the movement so it runs +/- 3 secs a day (i leave it crown down at night)...I have to say its realy beautifull watch, one of best replica avaliable...AR is excellent, only con is actually seconde hand stutter:)...

I really recomend this watch.