• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

PO bracelet sizing tutorial

Omega4Ever

Horology Curious
3/10/16
Thanks for this Tutorial!

I use 2 things: a toothpick and a smallest screw diver :). Works like a charm.

shamanblues999

You're Saying I Can Sell?
25/4/18
Great tutorial. I purchased a basic “watch tool kit” on Amazon for 15 bucks. Best money spent. Can change links, bands, batteries, etc. Even came with a hammer and extra links, pushers, springs, etc. Now my friends ask me to do it for them. The “break” one of the pins tip is a good one as most pin pushers are too short.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tony8028

30/11/12
i had a watchmaker tell me that the SMPO rep that I gave him to work on was the hardest bracelet he has ever had to resize. What the fuck do they do to them at the factory to make them like this?

BuckNaked

Known Member
12/1/20
East Coast
Just got an Aqua Terra 150 SS VSF. Is this what this thread is about?

49993499052_3115ca13d0_c.jpg

I have never encountered a bracelet like this before. I have a fairly decent set of jeweler's tools, and while it was easy to get the screws out, I was unable to get them re-seated. The cam is so small, and I couldn't even see them well enough to get them aligned. Am I missing something? What in the world would possess a watch company to use this type of screw??

Last edited:

lumentin

Known Member
25/4/20
Strasbourg, FR
I have an AT rep, I had no problem sizing the bracelet which seems to look like yours. It was just not so easy to manipulate so tiny screws.
Yours look a bit dirty or even sort of rusted, maybe that's why it stays stuck?

BuckNaked

Known Member
12/1/20
East Coast
I have an AT rep, I had no problem sizing the bracelet which seems to look like yours. It was just not so easy to manipulate so tiny screws.
Yours look a bit dirty or even sort of rusted, maybe that's why it stays stuck?

Nah, not dirty or rusty, maybe just bad lighting. Those screws are sooooo small! My poor eyesight and fat fingers made it a no-go. Took it to a jeweler who made quick work of it.

fone_

Horology Curious
MULTI ACCOUNT
22/4/20
I received a seamaster with that kind of screws and pins setup two weeks ago. I think its almost perfect. No problem at all.
You only have to make sure that the pin is settled all the way in the bracelet and doesn't obstruct the thread when screwing in the 2nd screw.

I bought some reading glasses from the drugstore which come in handy whan fiddling with watches.

Edit: Oh, but I have a MKF/MKS-Bracelet, maybe there is a difference.

Last edited:

Naths63

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
7/5/20
I resized my Tai chi gmt, in about 10mins. Everything was smooth and easy ...only removed 1 screw each side not both, fairly easy...then I resized a 43.5 PO what a nightmare!!!stiff screws and everything...ended up WD40 bath for 8hrs...then struggled on..done though...might buy a leather strap watch next...lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mpx

I'm Pretty Popular
6/2/20
Austria
Same. I just bought a blue 43,5mm Planet Ocean, had no chance to remove the screws. Brought it to my watchmaker and he had to heat up the screws with a soldering iron, otherwise it was impossible to remove them. I guess at VSF they read about the complaints that screws fell out, so they took the next best Loctite-Bottle which happened to be the super-duper hard one and applied a lot of it.

Deeboo

Known Member
26/7/19

Just got my LMPO Noob V6 today and would like to resize. I ordered a push pin tool from amazon to get the job done. Question i have is my bracelet does not have the arrows engraved on the bracelet for the direction it needs to push from. Any advice?