• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Another Franken PO V5

Mekki

Fake Lover
Supporter
Certified
6/8/07
EU
Hello guys n girls,

one year ago, i started my project. Its now finished !

What have we done in this time ?

Swapped a gen dial, datewheel and hands in the watch. Gen crystal, gen omega crown/tube, gen He-Valve and a nice wholesaleoutlet insert with gen Pearl, greetings fly out to iamdudi for the pearl :)

All in all i paid 1130 EUR / 1490 US $ for everything.

I can highly recommend wiz for the job.

Communication 2+ (B+)
Service/Price 2 (B)
Time: 5 (6 months) (F)

But let me show you some pictures (click to enlarge), better than 23214 words ;)

Bought here my watch (last version V5 + correct 925 stamps), used. So i started with that !

Transformed to this (pictures taken by wiz)! Lovely transformation, i think. Wiz said one of the best frankens he did.

DSC_3901.jpg

DSC_3855.jpg

DSC_3902.jpg

Wearing it now, feels gooooood :cheers: !

Whats coming next ? Hirsch leather strap and a Vollmer mesh + gen spring bars !

Any questions ? Throw them in !

Greetings

P.S. im selling now the rep parts ! http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php/omega-planet-ocean-127279

BaggyPants

Renowned Member
24/11/12
Nice. Wiz has mine for relume, waterproof, gen tube/crown and regulate. Will be a couple of months, but worth the wait :)

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
Welcome to the club Mekki! Very nice franken!!!

Glock17

Renowned Member
26/3/12
the blue one works nice but doesent fit on 24mm bracelet :p

nice watch looks stunning :)

co-axial

Legendary Member
Advisor
16/9/10
Congratulations on that very, very fine FrPO Mekki!
Well done Wiz!

BaggyPants

Renowned Member
24/11/12

doubleohseven

8/11/12
Nice looking watch, but I personally would have put the 1130 EUR in my gen piggy bank, rather than go for a franken. If I had spent a good bunch of money on a franken and the movement died, I would have gone crazy :p

Mekki

Fake Lover
Supporter
Certified
6/8/07
EU
double, just buy another movement for 170 EUR ;)

By the way, the fun of sourcing parts is the best thing if you franken a watch, hunting is great :)

doubleohseven

8/11/12
Mekki, but i dont want to send it away for months to have the movement replaced. And there is a allways a small chance that the watch can be confiscated in the customs.. After paying well over a 1k $ its hard to tackle if its get confiscated

Mekki

Fake Lover
Supporter
Certified
6/8/07
EU
Mekki, but i dont want to send it away for months to have the movement replaced. And there is a allways a small chance that the watch can be confiscated in the customs.. After paying well over a 1k $ its hard to tackle if its get confiscated

We have in Europe wiz (France)and domi ( Germany) so no issues with customs!

Its just fun

Gesendet von meinem X10S mit Tapatalk 2

kmac

2/2/09
Looks great. Started my Franken. Got more parts to put on mine. Yours is so perfect.

dave0280

You're Saying I Can Sell?
2/5/13
Stunning - got all my parts collected so just needs to go away for a while and hopefully come back as good as yours. Love the PO's.