• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Guide: How to find genuine parts at ofrei and cousinsuk

JellyJoe

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/9/09
This kind of posts define great members, offering help to this community. Rightfully a sticky.
Evkharisto Pap :lol:

emdeevee

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
24/5/13
Southern California
I know this guide has been here for years now, but I just discovered it as I'm organizing parts for a franken smp chrono, and had to say THANK YOU for this!!!! My head was spinning trying to figure out how to sort parts at otto frei, and in 5 minutes, this posting saved me hours!!!

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
I know this guide has been here for years now, but I just discovered it as I'm organizing parts for a franken smp chrono, and had to say THANK YOU for this!!!! My head was spinning trying to figure out how to sort parts at otto frei, and in 5 minutes, this posting saved me hours!!!

Many thanks for your nice comments! Always a pleasure.

SSTEEL

Banned
Banned
30/1/13
Anyone know the part number for this crown?

20140522_065449_zps1baf5da4.jpg

The last time I checked, it was not in stock yet, but its been a couple of months or so, so does anyone know which tube, and crown parts number I need please?

chinachinaman

I'm Pretty Popular
29/11/15
It's a pity Omega stopped supplying after market parts. Ofrei doesn't have much gen parts left

D

d4m.test

Well that's something i was working since august and happy coincidence i am posting it today... I have received quite a few pms over this issue so i decided to make a thread as to help the members that are not so familiar with the process.

The most popular models like the po and the smp have been fully covered by R2 who has already provided you the serial numbers of the parts so there is no need for you to search more. But there are some other seamaster and speedmaster models (and others too) you may be interested too, so i though to give a little help...

Every gen part has a unique serial number as you know. If you find that serial number you will be able to source it on ofrei or cousins or to check if the one you found on ebay is indeed the one you are looking for.

The first action and most important is to find the case reference number, if you have this serial you will be able to find pretty much all the parts for that model and only the one you are searching for...

So let's see how you can find the case reference number. There are more than one ways to do it, but i will show you how i am doing it, i think it's pretty simple and quick...

What we will do is that we will take advantage of the work ofrei has already done for us.

The first thing you have to do is to find the model number of the watch that the part belongs too.

For example let's say i am searching for the black bezel of the big planet ocean, a very popular model and part...

So i visit omega's site and specifically their watch finder, http://www.omegawatches.com/watchfinder?gender=gents you can find here all the models available along with their model number.

I choose the seamaster under the collection and then the planet ocean big under the sub collection.

1-1.jpg~original

As a result i got all the planet ocean models/combos.
I scroll down and i find the one i was searching for. There you go, you found the serial number of the model.

2-1.jpg~original

If you are interested in more details about the watch just click on it.

3-1.jpg~original

So now we have the model number 2200.50.00 and here is the "trick", just copy that number and do a search at ofreis site for it.

8-1.jpg~original

We are pretty lucky cause the bezel appeared first in our search so we are basically done. But we are searching for the case reference number we talked about so as to have full access to all the parts of the specific model.

10-1.jpg~original

We click on the Omega Bezels, Genuine for Omega Watches and here you go, thats the case reference, if you have this you have everything.

11-1.jpg~original

Cousinuk system is based on this philosophy(you have to register to have full access).
Lets visit their site to see what i am talking about. This is the first thing you see.

4-1.jpg~original

Click on the omega and then afterwards on the omega case parts, since we know the case reference number.

5-1.jpg~original

Hit 168.1650 in the omega case number window and click on look up. The result will appear on the right, click on it and then on the search for items button. The results will appear down. See? All the parts available, pick whatever you are searching for.

6-1.jpg~original

7-1.jpg~original

So to resume, find the model number, find the case number and bingo!!!

A very helpful link also is this one http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php/omega-seamaster-calibre-35597
I think all the model numbers are gathered there. The calibers too.

That's all folks, i wanted to keep this guide small and simple, i hope i didn't get you confused...

Fixed.

Reactions: mercedesAMG

mercedesAMG

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/12/16
right... on the hunt for a gen ceramic bezel because its one of my all time favorite pieces. Very disappointed seeing new versions released with the incorrect bezel.

stealth658

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Certified
18/6/17
I’m looking for the case number for this Planet Ocean 600m Co-Axial GMT 43.5mm that I’ve ordered, but after an hour of searching here and on Google, I’m no closer than where I started. Anyone have any pointers as to where I can look to find it?

matbosch

Horology Curious
11/7/19
Tnx for the excellent guide!! Really appreciate.
Beside the sites indicated in this guide, do you know where to find a tan leather strap with deployment buckle?
Following the guide and putting the ref. Number on cousinuk (aqua terra black dial) it find only a normal black leather strap.
I would like something like the "golf"edition.

Many tnx for your experience!

Inviato dal mio MI 8 utilizzando Tapatalk